Samsung rolling out Android 4.1.2 update for the legendary Galaxy S II
Thankfully, this update will bring the new TouchWiz Nature UI to the GS II. Until now, the handset was stuck with Samsung's old version of TouchWiz, which was much less appealing. The new software will not only look considerably better, but will also introduce some cool features like Smart Stay - the ability of the front-facing camera to detect if you are looking at the screen in order to determine whether to allow the handset to go to sleep mode or keep the display on.
Another major benefit of the Jelly Bean update will be Project Butter - a set of performance improvements that will make the interface noticeably faster and smoother.
6. IHateApple (banned) (Posts: 122; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
They'll simply create a tool for you to unlock the bootloader of your device. But don't expect more.
9. zuckerboy (Posts: 627; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
htc busy for m7 I am afraid they will do nothing for sensation
30. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Galaxy s2 was a True champion, best phone from Apr 2012 to Apr 2013.. Period , with most powerful Mali gpu and exonys cpu combo and SUPER AMOLED +, which still has not been on ggs3 or note 2.. they are HD but pentile, or what ever...
The only phone which did beat iphone 4s, no other android stood tall infront of galaxy s2in its time...
I owned it so i know... it was the best.. Sold it to get the Droid DNA.. which is the best phone now.. but wont remain best for 1 full year like gs2..
THE LEGENDOF GS2
34. Topcat488 (Posts: 975; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
@ abhishek48: First i'm betting you're sorry you sold your GS2, from the way you're praising it... 2. The dates it held the championship was 2011- 2012... 3. Congratulation to the JB 4.1.2 update for Galaxy S2... 4. I'm a owner of the Galaxy Original Note, our update will soon come, and IT (OG-Note), was the "Over all Champion of 2011- 2012...
Long Live the Phablet
37. belovedson (Posts: 821; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
the dna is not the best. i owned it for two days and its an ok phone. optics is ok. the storage is too small and the frame is awkward to hold. the screen, however, was beautiful
2. IHateApple (banned) (Posts: 122; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
That's great news! Make a review of Jelly Bean running on SGS2!
25. wumberpeb (Posts: 392; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
Definitely good news, as many are still only a year into their two year contracts. With the amount of problems and bugs in ICS (although I've only had experience with Sprint 's Epic Touch), this should clear up a lot of issues that Touch WIZ brought. Ask many owners and they'd probably say they'd rather go back to Gingerbread. Hopefully this update makes all the difference
4. Martine (Posts: 102; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
God bless Samsung.
I bought my phone with Android 2.3.3 on it, and now I can enjoy 4.1.2 with S3 goodies.
5. chupoltorero (Posts: 20; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
other android OEM should learn from samsung if they want to chip off a few market share from them...
17. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 519; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Agree.. HTC juz trying hard to get a market share by creating new mobiles. no doubt they are amazing. but HTC has a blind ear to all the customer feedbacks & complaints. Also, they are denying android updates to their devices. This is not going to get them any place good. Each android device gets max 2, atleast 1 android update. but HTC One V was launched with ICS & will die with ICS... Bad startegey HTC.. LEARN from SAMSUNG
29. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Sony is yet to upgrade even their 2012 devices to JB.. 2011 is a pure no No from them i think.
7. big.e927 (Posts: 94; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
I've been on Boost Mobile for alittle over 2 years now and bought the SG2 as soon as it came out. To my surprise, it came with an ICS update right out the box and after reading about all the rumors of the GS4, I figured I'd stick with this until May, skip getting the S3 and just get the best Samsung has to offer with the GS4. A jelly bean update before this is just icing on the cake my friends. :D
8. Tsoliades (Posts: 179; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
Can't wait until it rolls out on Sprint OTA!
This is awesome, Samsung has become the best at updates.
10. Ratheesh619 (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
i am from india I flashed the spain JB Rom. All is fine now my s2 is super fast. Thanks samsung.
39. evanef7 (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Hi, I'm from Nigeria and own a Galaxy S 2, but still running android 2.3.5 (no update to even ics yet in Nigeria). Can you please tell me how you flashed Spain's JB ROM to your Galaxy S 2? I'll be most grateful if you can help me out here. Thanks
40. Ratheesh619 (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
@evanef7 Download and install rom on your device through odin. go to sammobile firmware page and download the rom first.
11. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
This is now Samsung's greatest strength ..the software support.
Looking forward key lime pie for my S3 :)
16. lallolu (Posts: 202; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
How times have changed, Samsung's strength of today used to be HTC's. I used to love HTC phones for this reason but now Samsung has replaced HTC for me.
12. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
I still have my sgs2, unfortunately kies doesn't work for me.
13. big.e927 (Posts: 94; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Have you tried force stopping it or clearing out the cache? If that doesn't work, maybe you need to update it or just uninstall it and then re-install it.
19. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
Not sure what you mean, but when I try using kies I get some error about usb debugging being unchecked even though it is. So frustrating, I'm still on gingerbread.
22. Retro-touch (Posts: 236; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Have you ever considered using odin to flash an official firmware, head over to xda, i9100 forum
32. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
yah, i think it didn't work because of my version, uckk6
14. rcranium (Posts: 28; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Wth! The galaxy note i717 should get it first!!
20. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3509; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Why? The Note wasn't Samsung's flagship device that sold tens of millions of units. The Note was more like a, "Let's see what happens," kind of thing. Of course the S2 would get it first.
23. Retro-touch (Posts: 236; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Isn't that an American variant, the carrier branded are always last to receive updates after European
15. Samsomesh (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Review the s2 with jb... And s advance too..
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3509; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Oh wow. Jelly Bean, AND Touchwiz Nature UX? This is pretty great, though I doubt it'll come to the U.S. for a couple months. I wouldn't mind keeping my GS2 for a bit longer with the new software, but that Razr X is for me... Hopefully I'll get the update before Google I/O, just to see how it runs
21. jonartpop (Posts: 150; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
Do they have Multi Window feature? Congratulations btw!
24. joey41 (Posts: 45; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Hope will get jb soon on my sgs2 on Virgin Mobile
27. arqjav (Posts: 54; Member since: 29 Dec 2009)
I have a GSII is a great phone the pictures are really good,I hope to beable to download the update soon
28. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 302; Member since: 24 May 2011)
Yup...Proud owner here. Running Resurrection Remix 4.2.1 ROM. I'll give this a go and see how it is.
31. Forsaken77 (Posts: 542; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
I currently have the GS2 Skyrocket and the GS3. Imo, the GS2 is a much better made phone than the GS3. Upgrading it to JB might entice me to pop the sim card back into the old GS2 .
33. jvardon (Posts: 15; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
Finally!!!!!!!! I can go update the one in draw now.^_^.
36. vishu9 (Posts: 247; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
Hell yeah! Still rocking the old rockstar! Just keeping my fingers crossed for Sammy to go waterproof on S4! Would be awesome if it shops out by May, perfect upgrade!
38. Gothbeard (Posts: 26; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
Samsung may suck less than htc at updates but they still suck. 4.1.x is already out of date. I've been using 4.2.1 on my SII for several weeks already. CM10.1 :)