Samsung never lost its mojo at all as Q3 smartphone sales were hot
Samsung Securities, which is a full service investment house, predicts that despite "Galaxy S4′s sluggish initial sales", the manufacturer is expected to sell over 80 million smartphones during the third quarter that ends this month. During the second quarter, the Korean OEM sold 71 million smartphones of which 22 million were the Samsung Galaxy S4. Clearly, the worries about Samsung and its flagship model were over done. The fears that Samsung would ship 7 million Galaxy S4 units monthly instead of the 10 million originally expected, now appears to be paranoia on the part of analysts.
And with the Samsung Galaxy Note III expected to be introduced on Wednesday, the positive sales trend should continue during the fourth quarter. It looks like Samsung never lost its mojo at all.
source: CSTimes (translated), GforGames via GSMArena
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Maybe Samsung will make an update to Android 4.4 KitKat for Galaxy devices just to thank the Samsung Galaxy owners for supporting Samsung?
By the way, congratulations Samsung!
2. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
So the S-Pen is mightier than the sword!
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No, you can't swing the S-Pen. You can only swing the sword.
4. hellonerds (Posts: 269; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
because samsung is great with updates..well besides them pesky carrier crapware but thats what rooting is for :D
ill take a note 3 with kit kats on the side and a apple to bite on :D
19. rd_nest (Posts: 1046; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
GN3 is launching with 4.3, not 4.2.2 like other vendors
5. rdemon (Posts: 46; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Yup! Sounds about right. Getting my GN3 for sure.
8. chocolaking (Posts: 490; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Did they lower the price of S4 just to reach that sales number?????????
9. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Tomorrow we will see the light of gnote3. Don't make us disappoint with the internal storage, pls! 16 gig is not enough for cutting edge handset.
11. NikhilatMobileJury.com (Posts: 5; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Samsung is selling phones like hot cakes. LEts see how Note 3 sales will do!
12. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 611; Member since: 11 May 2013)
In our country, youLL notice that almost all artists are switching to Galaxy especially the young ones, grannies are still brainwashed by Apple..
90% of my friends, schoolmates and relatives own a Samsung device.. s4 is very attractive to business-inclined people and tech addicts
SAmsung must do something because HTC One, LG G2, Moto X and Honami are real beasts..
14. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1450; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I'm guessing you don't live in the U.S., because the iPhone is far and away the best seller, regardless of demographics.
21. takeja (Posts: 35; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
In US people don't mind PRISM 52% or the US aggression so they have irrational choices, they don't like freedom, they need someone to decide for them so they prefer limited Apple to Android
27. willard12 (Posts: 1017; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Or, the iphone is heavily subsidized by carriers in the US unlike bastions of freedom like Europe and Asia. Android still has 52% marketshare in the US. That is why your entire family is standing in line hoping to immigrate to the US.
15. SonyCraperiaSucks (banned) (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
Go Samsung! Getting my NoteIII soon and I CANT WAIT!~ Good job Samsung,,FIGHTING!~~~
16. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3297; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Sammy thinks about their customers. So its hard to lost its mojo.
17. androiphone20 (Posts: 1597; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
I am in the line people,... for the iphone5s
22. takeja (Posts: 35; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
We know that you need to be led by Apple....without any choice you don't like freedom and responsibility
Still can not copy a file or choose any default app, browser etc with a limited iToy
You probably even like ebook price fixing by Apple
24. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Full episode is classic, sums up a lot of how people interact with technology.
18. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Maybe some of the reason why the sgs4 is not selling well like the sgs3 just because of lack of internal memory, and glossy back design.
Replace the sgs4, with S800 CPU, 32 gig ROM with the back cover of s4 active/sgs2, as early as possible.
20. Trex95 (Posts: 597; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
I don't think so this the reason the mean reason it's the competition.
26. ajac09 (Posts: 1388; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
99% of people buy it dont give a rats ass about any of that. The reason for slow sales( for ALL smart phones not just gs4 but the iphones as well) is because of the economy.
23. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Said this all along when news of samsung "strugling" and stock was going down that just like with apple, analyst can't always be trusted. They love playing the market.. anything they say you really got to take it with a pinch of salt
25. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 880; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Goes to show that analysts can't be solely relied on, excellent work by Samsung :D
Samsung haters not going to like this one bit though, shame.
28. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
NEVER Mind those Pathetic Analyst. Their predictions or what ever are not important. A company will survive and earn without them. Congratulations Sammy! Loving my Samsung GS4 Black Mist! And OMG, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be the next beast after S4! :) Love ya Samsung!
R.I.P To Outdated Copy Cat iPhones! Hahhaha