Samsung Wave hacked into running Android 4.0
Yet the big question is: does it work? Well, it isn't perfect, which does not come as much of a surprise. The camera supposedly works, and so does the Wi-Fi and the Bluetooth radio, but texting and making calls are still a "work in progress". That said, if you Androidify your Samsung Wave, it won't be suitable as a primary device. Oh and by the way, the interface in this live action shot is upside down, which could be quite inconvenient, to say the least.
If you want to take a look at the project anyway, just follow the source link below. Who knows, this custom Android 4.0 release for the Samsung Wave might become perfectly usable with some further development. Just read the thread carefully in case you decide to tweak your handset. Trying out these hacks can be an easy way of bricking your smartphone, you know.
source: XDA-Developers via IntoMobile
1. Commentator (Posts: 2183; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
PeterIfromsweden must be rolling in his grave right now. God rest his zombie bones.
2. B3BLW29 (Posts: 237; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Hahaha True.. He's the Ultimate Bada fan and the only one out there.
6. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Even he wouldn't deny Android is far superior. :)
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2870; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Lol I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't still post here under a new name and just kept it to himself. Lol poor guy always got bashed
4. badelemental (Posts: 12; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
any way he was more popular than anyone in PA. Everyone remembers him. :D
5. adi4u4882 (Posts: 135; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Here is the video of it running Android 4.0.
10. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Really? not possible..btw do u really want ios6 on sgs3?
13. paulyyd (Posts: 320; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
at least if he has iOS 6 on it, it wouldn't lag hahah
15. nicholassss (Posts: 344; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I'd put iOS 6 on my phone just for the lols. to show my iphone using pals. It blew their minds when i had and iphone themes lock screen. imagine if i could get the whole shebang. haha
12. SleepingOz (Posts: 2475; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
You wish you had a GSIII in the first place.
14. rpankaj (Posts: 29; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
anyone port ics or jelly beans to LG optimus one... my only android
16. Bipinkumar (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
kindly send me the link convert to android, i have wave3