Samsung Wave hacked into running Android 4.0
Yet the big question is: does it work? Well, it isn't perfect, which does not come as much of a surprise. The camera supposedly works, and so does the Wi-Fi and the Bluetooth radio, but texting and making calls are still a "work in progress". That said, if you Androidify your Samsung Wave, it won't be suitable as a primary device. Oh and by the way, the interface in this live action shot is upside down, which could be quite inconvenient, to say the least.
If you want to take a look at the project anyway, just follow the source link below. Who knows, this custom Android 4.0 release for the Samsung Wave might become perfectly usable with some further development. Just read the thread carefully in case you decide to tweak your handset. Trying out these hacks can be an easy way of bricking your smartphone, you know.
source: XDA-Developers via IntoMobile
1. Commentator posted on 28 Jun 2012, 05:30 5
PeterIfromsweden must be rolling in his grave right now. God rest his zombie bones.
2. B3BLW29 posted on 28 Jun 2012, 05:38 7
Hahaha True.. He's the Ultimate Bada fan and the only one out there.
7. bbblader posted on 28 Jun 2012, 08:18 1
bada? even symbian is better than that
3. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 28 Jun 2012, 05:47 5
Lol I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't still post here under a new name and just kept it to himself. Lol poor guy always got bashed
4. badelemental posted on 28 Jun 2012, 06:55 4
any way he was more popular than anyone in PA. Everyone remembers him. :D
5. adi4u4882 posted on 28 Jun 2012, 07:01 0
Here is the video of it running Android 4.0.
10. kartik4u98 posted on 28 Jun 2012, 09:30 2
Really? not possible..btw do u really want ios6 on sgs3?
13. paulyyd posted on 28 Jun 2012, 10:09 0
at least if he has iOS 6 on it, it wouldn't lag hahah
15. nicholassss posted on 28 Jun 2012, 12:37 1
I'd put iOS 6 on my phone just for the lols. to show my iphone using pals. It blew their minds when i had and iphone themes lock screen. imagine if i could get the whole shebang. haha
14. rpankaj posted on 28 Jun 2012, 12:16 1
anyone port ics or jelly beans to LG optimus one... my only android
16. Bipinkumar posted on 24 Sep 2012, 02:29 0
kindly send me the link convert to android, i have wave3