Samsung Gear Fit seems to be a hit, initial stock reportedly sells out
The Gear Fit costs $199 (or €199 in Europe), and is a hybrid between a smartwatch and a smartband. It runs a new OS developed by Samsung and called Real Time OS. The device has an attractive design - thanks to its curved 1.84-inch Super AMOLED display with 432 x 128 pixels. The Gear Fit also has a curved battery (developed by Samsung SDI) which can last 3 to 5 days on a single charge.
For those who may not know, the Gear Fit is compatible with no less than 20 Samsung devices: 12 smartphones and 8 tablets. You should check out our Samsung Gear Fit review to find out more about the device.
source: MK via Sammy Today
1. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2174; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Samsung always finds a way to make more money.
9. shuaibhere (Posts: 1297; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
No no no...not only marketing...gear fit looks sexy...it makes you want it when you see it..
12. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2174; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
It looks good until it's on your wrist. Then it looks nerdy.
15. jdoee100 (Posts: 290; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Many blogging sites and commenters have been giving bad reviews and saying negative things about the gear fit. But, this just shows you that you can't keep a good product down with good marketing. Samsung makes great devices and even better marketing.
16. maherk (Posts: 781; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Links please? not a single review I read or watched gave it a bad score, all of them praised it
19. maherk (Posts: 781; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
so engadget and verge are many? I just checked the verge's article, and the reviewer is full of crap, he says the touch screen is not responsive, where every other reviewer praised the responsiveness of not only the screen but also the OS. Then he starts nagging about the screen's dimensions, which is the selling point of this device. And yet when he wraps his article, he mentions as one of the good things about the device is the GREAT SCREEN, which he was bashing all the time. Plus he wants a piece of gadget that doesn't need charging every couple of days. As for the tracking accuracy, that's one part the Fit got the most praise from others, mostly for it's ability to differentiate shaking from running, where as the fitbit adds steps when it is shaked.
24. jdoee100 (Posts: 290; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Google "gear fit review." It's not that hard to find.
27. SirLance99 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
Could you please explain where these other reviews saying the Gear Fit is so good? I've read pretty much all of them and they all pretty much say the same thing. 1) Love the hardware 2) Hate the software especially the apps that you have to use with it.
30. ddeath (Posts: 154; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Verge is pretty much anti Android or Samsung. So I always take a huge pinch of salt when reading their reviews on Android phones. Apple is always great though in their reviews. :p
29. joey_sfb (Posts: 2496; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
You spent a lot time attacking for something that you are not interested to own.
2. Immolate (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
I wouldn't mind one of these, but they are still too expensive. Phone companies need to stop seeing everything through the lens of a mobile phone. If RW can sell Moto G's at $150 unsubsidized, then Samsung can sell watches at $100 and make it work.
3. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's beautiful. but too expensive...especially if you're living in a not-so safe country, it's like a bait to those robbers.
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2103; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It's called Galaxy FIT, so if you are, you should be able to shake them off and a few calories. All the better I say.
10. shuaibhere (Posts: 1297; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
No it's but not called galaxy fit..
It's called gear fit...it doesn't run android so it's not galaxy...
11. Cicero (Posts: 194; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
A decent watch cost 200 Euro. Why not this piece of tech will cost less? Some discussion are pointless.
23. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2174; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Because this is freaking geeky when a nice watch is classy as he*l.
18. maherk (Posts: 781; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
so that's a reason for people not to buy it? Then don't eat in fancy restaurants, drive a good car, dress well, etc...
Your beloved Sony watch 2 was released for 199$, and I still remember the words of praise you lavished on it, and how the Gear was gonna fail competing against it. You should work on your mathematic's skills, because Sony's $199 is equal to Samsung's $199!
8. true1984 (Posts: 582; Member since: 23 May 2012)
this is surprising, considering all the bad reviews it got
14. hassoups (Posts: 253; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
Actually almost ever reviewer praised it. Don't know what you're on about..
26. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6116; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
If it doesn't have a fruit design specs. the BIAS reviewers they won't praise it.
25. kylehudsons (Posts: 48; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
have it... battery life 2 and a half days..... screen looks great especially the curve aspects....
been attracting attention and am loving it... IP67 is great as well.... been showering with it everyday and it still works... the only bad part is the fitness part where the pedometer is not as accurate as other fitness band i guess cause it recorded more steps than my galaxy s5 and i did bring my phone everywhere on me....
37. joey_sfb (Posts: 2496; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Hope the software get updated. I still waiting for a good fitness watch.
28. maxmppower (Posts: 48; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
I heard it's not good. Nice display but the other functions are weak.
31. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
But someone told me today that smart watches werent going to be a hit until Apple did it...because all these other smart watches were inferior....
To a product that has yet to be released....
32. 0xFFFF (Posts: 1980; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Novelty demands a premium price. And bored consumers demand novelty.
33. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Please tell us when it wont be a novelty...I can take a guess tho....