- GT-P6210 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI
- GT-P6200 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI + 3G
- GT-P6810 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI
- GT-P6800 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI + 3G
- GT-P7310 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI
- GT-P7300 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI + 3G
- GT-P7510 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI
- GT-P7500 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI + 3G
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, 8.9, 7.7 and 7.0 Plus all getting ICS by end-August
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4693; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I have been patiently waiting for the ICS update for my wife's Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 Wi-Fi. I still think I am going to root it anyways. She really doesn't care if it's rooted, all that she wants it's that it works.
Honeycomb is so different compared to Ice Cream Sandwich. When ever I use her tablet I get frustrated because my Asus Transformer Prime is so much simpler to use.
2. Knicknevin (Posts: 145; Member since: 18 Mar 2011)
By end of August is far too long. This OS was out in Nov of '11. 9 months is way too long to wait for devices that were assured would be updated, especially since Jelly is likely expected around Nov/Dec of this year...
3. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
WHy so long ? Galaxy s2 much earlier already
4. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Wow they are releasing it next month? Been on my Sony Tablet S for two+ months now...
What even sucks more is it gonna be Touchwiz...
6. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
It depends on the device and manufacturer. Yes the Sony tablet may have ics slightly earlier but its current flagship phones like the xperia s haven't even launched with it while the likes of last years phones the HTC sensation and galaxy s2 have it months ago.
5. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
That's the job,I've been waiting for its for my galaxy tab for a while now
7. matrix_neo (Posts: 329; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Finally I have the taste of ICS in my galaxy tab 7.7
8. rocksation (unregistered)
my galaxy tab is 7.0 plus but the number is (p6200). will i get the ics update?
9. Jack2012 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
I too want the update, But like it happened with my phone after the update, some payed apps might not run anymore. 99.9 % will.. I just happen to bought 2 apps which don't like ICS. Maybe it's not such a bad thing to have to wait for ICS. By the time it comes to our tabs, programmers might have adapted their software too...