- Which phone are you more excited about?
1672 votes (1672 votes) Samsung Galaxy S7 | S7 Edge
1791 votes (1791 votes) LG G5
1. SamsungPhanboy (banned) (Posts: 765; Member since: 31 Mar 2015)
Definitely more excited about the G5. But the s7 edge sounds and looks sexy as hell.
I just hope they fix the touchwiz lag.
5. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8939; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
TouchWiz doesn't have lag. You really need to GTFU(Grow) in case you didn't know.
There are so many people with the latest Samsung devices and none of them have mentioned laggy devices. I've mostly only experienced laggy keyboards. But this isnt a TouchWiz issue because I have experienced this problem on ALL SMARTPHONES.
24. j2001m (Posts: 2840; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Also the s7 will 100% not have a type c USB port, this is due to the basic customer not having any idea what they are and are not normal leads, if lg G5 as one, (it does)
It will cost them big time
This is why, 1st thing to note is nexus 6p phone only sold to customer like on site on here in any type of big way.
1: all customers will have to change cables and this goes to 2nd
2:lg will get loads of cable problems and phone returns, seehttp://www.theverge.com/2016/2
25. j2001m (Posts: 2840; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
3, you do not get anything from moving to type c to USB 3.1 is offered, to then it's just a problem
63. vincelongman (Posts: 4164; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
1. Samsung is going to change eventually, may as well change now
2. Only a problem if you are buying cheap third party cables. Samsung will just say their warranty only covers official cables (pretty sure its already like that)
3. Type-C is reversible, that alone is enough. The extra benefits of USB 3.1 Gen 2 will eventually come, e.g faster transfer speeds
67. j2001m (Posts: 2840; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
You joking right, there is a very big problem with bad leads at this time, it is not a good idea to sell this to the basic customer at this time, in the number that Samsung sells, they got to give it more time for the older cables to all be damaging the lg G5 phones and customer products, 1st, Hahhahhahahahhh
88. vincelongman (Posts: 4164; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Find me a case where an official Google/Apple USB Type-C cable caused a problem
There's far far more cases of cheap unofficial micro USB cables and lightning cables causing problems than cheap unofficial USB Type-C cables
33. vladimir86 (Posts: 85; Member since: 15 Oct 2011)
Wtf don't lag!? Check the a7 2106 and youl see ! It doesn't lag on samy flagships phones try to use something medium or low phones .you have to grow up!!!
34. Saioofi (Posts: 240; Member since: 23 May 2014)
ews/Samsung-Galaxy-A7-2016-review_id4160"none of them mentioned laggy devices"
41. j2001m (Posts: 2840; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
That what I call full fm skin running on a vm with Emmc, the big part why most cheap phones have no skin. Or a skin that just a theme
51. marorun (Posts: 3393; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
PA wont mention much bad thing about apple or samsung so Saioofi sorry.
50. marorun (Posts: 3393; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
touchwiz dont lag no... so everyone complaining are complaining for what?
Nope its dont lag... One of the link is a PA test between a nexus 6 and a samsung S6 the samsung S6 has much more horse power but is slower most case... both on latest android version.
71. iushnt (Posts: 1577; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
If you search in Google you can find your fav HTC with sd810 lag. IPhones lag. Certainly if you type anything in Google you would get something. Not a good idea to conclude that way
91. Shocky (unregistered)
You're such a tool, if I Google Nexus 5 lag guess what I find? Lots of posts from users experiencing lag on a Nexus device and articles on how to fix it.
It doesn't mean the device in general lags, not all devices are perfect, there are always occasional hardware and software issues which don't effect everyone.
If you're going to judge devices on them then you're an idiot, but to be fair we all knew that anyway.
86. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 2240; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
My S6 was laggy when I played games but that was it. Fixable with sammy's game tuning app tho.
97. Shocky (unregistered)
That's a different kind of lag, well technically it's not lag, it's just a low framerate.
That's just what happens when games with forced to render at 1440p or the graphics quality is set too high.
102. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 2240; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
They don't games aren't rendered at 1440p just so you know. The high resolution screen is to blame tho, that's why i hate QHD and got rid of the S6.
6. Mreveryphone (Posts: 471; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
TouchWiz lag has already been addressed with the note 5 and s6 edge plus. I have both and neither lag. Everything is instant.
10. QWERTYphone (Posts: 654; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
I will be buying the LG G5 to replace my S5.
As a buyer of EVERY Samsung since the FIRST galaxy, Samsung is dead to me until the return the:
-DURABLE build (metal)
17. j2001m (Posts: 2840; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
G5 will not have a removing battery and the s7 will be more durable to damage in a big way and they got the sd card back, so try harder
28. QWERTYphone (Posts: 654; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
Try harder? LOL Only an idiot thinks glass is more durable than metal.
Samsung has no removable battery or SD until an OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE says so. Your post = FAIL
40. donfem (Posts: 642; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Why the insult? You ought to have a decent response to what you disagree with shouldn't you?
42. j2001m (Posts: 2840; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
It's been being reported, that it's been Redesigned to take limited damage and come with glass damage protect for the 1st year in many areas
45. Shocky (unregistered)
Yet, the Galaxy S6 did better in drop tests than the iPhone 6 with metal back, a lot better actually.
Please explain why that's the case if "metal" is more durable?
53. marorun (Posts: 3393; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Sure glass is more durable than metal... sure!
Nothing confirm now for battery but if its removable and hotswappable then you will look like a moron.
68. j2001m (Posts: 2840; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
All I am going to say is if lg does make the above moving battery thing, it will have loads of problems
Why you may ask
1:1st real made in any type of big number metal phone, not good to then do the above design, I can see bend problems and loads of other things
2: look at all the problems lg had with the G3 and G5 to have the above design is going to go very bad
72. iushnt (Posts: 1577; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Yeahh, glass and metal are more durable that metal alone :)..
73. iushnt (Posts: 1577; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Why are you do much worried about removable battery you HTC and snapdragon fanboy. Your one m10 won't have removable battery.
110. DocJones (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
What are you smoking? EVERY report I've read here and elsewhere says the G5 will have a removable battery. THIS VERY ARTICLE even talks about it!
21. DoggyDangerous (Posts: 783; Member since: 28 Aug 2015)
I will go for a better camera and battery performance. Removable battery is a plus
59. DeStreGa5 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Feb 2016)
I hope the Edge comes with the SD card slot option too. Rumor has it that it won't though.
69. j2001m (Posts: 2840; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
When it was 1st looked t it only had 5.1 and had no sd card as there is no room in the s6 edge for 2 sims or sd card and why sd cards was not even looked at last year I be thinking
I am up on the edge bowing being moved to 5.5 to offer sd card support and a better edge screen
107. DarkVader777 (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 Feb 2016)
Where is this lag a few talk about. My whole family of 5 have s5. S6 edge and the plus. Im not picking or trying to be an ass. But I put my phone through A living hell everyday and my kids do to. Never heard of problems. I only exprienced lag when i was early into the lg phones which Id never do again. Sorry a little more facts you can point to will be good. Thats all. Im open to enlightenment
113. ciprian.ruse (Posts: 294; Member since: 13 May 2014)
Tested Beta M on my S6 and I can assure everyone that all the lag will be gone with android M.
3. Ninetysix (Posts: 2340; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
There are 3 phones here broseph. You should get all 3.
7. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 8939; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
There are 2 phones and one has 2 variants. The S7 is "one model" of phone that has variations, but is the same phone other than cosmetic difference.
Do you count the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus as 2 phones? Becasue they aren't They are one phone in a variant.
Always have to be some stupid ignorant controversy with fools liek you.
This isn't an iPhone article. Why don't you just leave.
16. Ninetysix (Posts: 2340; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I have an iPhone 6S AND an iPhone 6S Plus. How many phones do I have? Think carefully before you answer. You can also use Google for assistance.
115. Inotamira (Posts: 173; Member since: 06 Feb 2016)
Google says you have 1.1 different devices as the difference between the two is negligible, it also states you wasted your money.
36. keekai05 (Posts: 116; Member since: 31 Mar 2015)
"This isn't an iPhone article. Why don't you just leave." - Wow?! Says someone who's always have a thing to say on most Apple article. Funny old guy.
4. PANIC (Posts: 126; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
If these renders are true, personally I am more interested in the G5...seems to be sth new and different.
As far as the S7, people will be wondering if you bought the S6 actually....no differences at all from the outside. They seem almost identical. Its just the camera differentiation
14. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
S7 isn't targeted for s6 users as s6 is still a perfectly good smartphone to use for 1 more year. S7 is for s5 users who are sick of laggy interface and poor build.
19. j2001m (Posts: 2840; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Mate, sorry to tell you I have an s6 or an s7 as others will be up on what they are, on the other hand, the G5" they go what the crap is that, you also get more for an s6 trade in than any G5 after 1 month of owning both of them if I buy both of them at the same time, so try harder
65. wargreymon (Posts: 678; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
You are trying way too hard, not sure if sad or hilarious.
75. iushnt (Posts: 1577; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
At least people would get confused with s6. Similar to how I can never identify if someone is carrying an iPhone 6 or 6s. But in the case of G5 people won't know what phone you are carrying, if it a low, mid, or high end.
95. DoggyDangerous (Posts: 783; Member since: 28 Aug 2015)
why do you want ppl to know which phone you have? grow up and have a self confidence. Will you buy a phone for yourself or for ppl? if for ppl then plz go for virtu diamond phone and show it to everyone.
enjoy the device for yourself. I never like if someone look at, touch or ask about my phone. I purchased it for myself and thats about it.
8. Mreveryphone (Posts: 471; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
It'll be interesting to see what lg does. If they don't fix the UI then it's a instant defeat! Oled would also help... S7 Edge will be day one purchase for me though.
9. UglyFrank (Posts: 1606; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
I would get the G5 because I want a bigger screen:removable but I want an AMOLED screen so it will be another Samsung for me.
23. DoggyDangerous (Posts: 783; Member since: 28 Aug 2015)
if 5.5 inch S7 then I will go for it.
100. Shocky (unregistered)
If they do a version with no curved edges I'd be interested but I don't think they will.
I don't want gimmicky curved edges distorting my content!!
11. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Getting none of these. 2 year upgrade cycle FTW.
29. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Yes, no point to upgrade every year. Any phone can easily give you 2 years of service.
31. Awalker (Posts: 1432; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
I'm the opposite. If I see a device I like I'll get it. I buy two to three phones a year.