Samsung Galaxy S Tab (Tab 3 Plus) specs and suspicious renders leak
Surprise, surprise! The mysterious Galaxy Tab 3 continues to be as elusive, though this time we might be dealing with one of its close relatives, namely the Galaxy Tab 3 Plus.
Sure, the Galaxy Tab series hasn't been among Samsung's biggest hits, but hey, it hasn't been that bad either. However, the company is yet to announce the third-generation Galaxy Tab officially, as everything we've seen thus far is only leaks and rumors. Well, here's another one!
Those Samsung freaks at SamMobile have received a couple of images, depicting a render of what the tipster claims to be the Galaxy Tab 3 Plus. To tell you the truth, the pictures don't seem believable at all, but anyway, we can't simply ignore them. As a whole, the device that we're looking at seems to be quite similar to something like the Note 8.0, but has a strange default landscape orientation, as both the logo and Home, Menu and Back buttons are all situated on the tablet's long sides. Interestingly, the tipster says that Samsung plans to release this devices with the name "Galaxy S Tab", due to the tremendous success of the Galaxy S line.
The unofficial source has also provided a specs sheet, which includes the following goodies: Exynos 5410 Octa CPU, Power SGX 544MP3 GPU, 2GB RAM, 10" 2560×1600 display, 8MP camera, 9000 mAh battery and IR blaster. How much of this is true, we do not know.
Take a look at the renders - what do you think of them? Could this be the Galaxy Tab 3 Plus / Galaxy S Tab or is it just a fake?
1. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
WHOA! WHOA! The design! NO NOT AGAIN! x(
Why not on-screen buttons? :(
7. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You know Protozeloz, the leaked photo creeps me out. :(
How about you?
31. Dr.Phil (Posts: 904; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I am guessing you two haven't seen your fair share of "leaked photos" to know which ones are real and which ones aren't. The most obvious giveaway, to me, is the Comic Sans font on the lock screen that says "Innovation made simple." Now tell me, when was the last time you saw any major smartphone manufacturer use Comic Sans to advertise a device? Plus, as PA has mentioned, the chances of an earpiece on this device coupled with hardware keys on the bottom (whereas the past two generations of the device did not have such hardware keys.) Just thought I would point this out to you rookies as things to look for in the future.
32. protozeloz (Posts: 5374; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
its not about it being fake or not... it about this fake render turning the possibly that Samsung would use that horrible home button on its tablet design with makes me want to barf...
34. Dr.Phil (Posts: 904; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
So, even though the render is most likely fake, you are still upset that you think Samsung could possibly have this type of design. That would be like me being upset over some render of the Galaxy SV that was created by some avid fan because there is a "possibility" that Samsung could use that design. I think you should stop viewing renders as a possibility and instead view them as a probability.
11. omar300 (Posts: 181; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
samsung wants to make its name to the books of "ugliest devices of 2013"
14. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hahaha......they can win the Guinness World Records : Ugliest Devices of 2013. xD
And Engadget says : "Ugly, but beasty."
And also win the "best" design on Red Dot Design Awards.
18. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
they want to give you a full screen experience without those tabs...and easy to wake instead of looking for the power button...
19. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
But it is just WRONG, don't you think? A physical home button with two capacitive buttons? Tablets should have on-screen buttons.
24. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
how much "HyperGlaze" can one stand?
25. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
"HyperGlaze"? There's no "HyperGlaze" on this leaked tablet, just like the Note 8.0. The GS3 have the "HyperGlaze".
26. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
sorry i meant "Plastic" lol jk
27. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hahaha....."Plastic"? You can find it on every Galaxy devices. lol
39. taikucing (unregistered)
Samsung Galaxy S4 on steroid
2. protozeloz (Posts: 5374; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
A home button? Seriously? What the hell Samsung! What the hell!
10. andro. (Posts: 1944; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
To a certain degree a home button could actually be good on a tab as there would no longer be the need for a bottom black bar on tabs screens with has the touchscreen home button,multitask button etc
30. protozeloz (Posts: 5374; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I don't see how not using the standard Google is trying to make is something good
33. SleepingOz (unregistered)
This is obviously fake!
4. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 702; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
home button on a 10 inch tablet ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
6. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1334; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Innovation made simple - agree (all you have to do is flatten the existing designs and voila )
8. sonisoe (Posts: 325; Member since: 06 May 2009)
if samsung were in htc state, people would bash them saying that theyre not efficient for producing multiple sub-brands ie. tab vs notes with only a minor difference of stylus.... their tabs also have too many sizes and sub-sizes ie. if not mistaken tab 7 and tab 7+... sammys tabs are ridiculously laggy... havent tried any of the note tho...
12. andro. (Posts: 1944; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I'll be looking to upgrade my tab sometimes towards the end of the year so any future tabs like these would be of interest
15. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
neeeeehhhh, samsung dont!
go w/ d old you whose trying different designs..,
please, stop following s3, yeah it sold so much but it doesnt mean that it has a winning design.. u sold 50m of such and there still many people who bash that design so its better to build a wiser design so these bashers will become ur customers and by that time u will sell 100m units.., why not use survey or any statistcal tools for ur business so u wudnt be blind enuf.. but dont get away with polycarbonate, just change the way u use it.. :)
16. uchihakurtz (Posts: 240; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Dude, WTF is with Samsung's design these days? There is and will never be a need for physical buttons, heck, at least make it all capacitive and placed on the portrait side. Cuz IMHO, even on screen button is awkward on landscape mode. Thumbs don't reach that far.
17. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
like it or leave it....homebutton for me...gives me more screen and easy to wake...
20. bparkerson (unregistered)
I've said this way too often, " I am sick of the look Samsung is giving every device!" They all look the damn same except for size...all of them from last year's models to this year's. Even with a new state of the art design, I wouldn't want every device to have the same appearance!
21. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Uh, oh. This is fake. See? I know Samsung won't make the design like this.
(Take deep breath) Ok, I'm cool down right now.
23. Rexperia (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
I just wanna say "LOLLLL" and samsung seriously need to hire some designer to make their device's more good looking...
28. Dj567 (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
i actually think this is the zoomed pic of galaxy note 8.0...
29. oister85 (Posts: 395; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Samsung phone, samsung tablet, samsung tv, nice ecosystem becouse this devices connect to each other. Go Samsung, dominate the industry
35. pkiran1996 (Posts: 165; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Stop looking for an excuse to troll on Samsung. Sad people.
36. TheMaxColonel (Posts: 48; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Is this Exynos 5410 Octa CPU a good CPU? i mean is it fast? (I know a lot about PC Processors but nothing about Mobile device CPUs)
37. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Come on Samsung this is a Tab it needs the E5420 or 5430 not the 5410. Then you've got the E5440 and E5450 when will those Chips be in use?
42. Supaheight (Posts: 66; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
wow guys none of ya'll noticed that these specs are the same as the ones on the nexus 10