Samsung Galaxy S II TV is an Android smartphone with built-in television receiver
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh no, what have they done to you, S2? You're supposed to be a squarish elegant phone, not a rounded egg shaped phone with a spaghetti sticking out.
21. tiara6918 (Posts: 1916; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
The 2011 galaxy s2 for me is the best handset Samsung has released. I can't believe they made an ugly s2 variant like this, what an ugly soap
28. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Hey PA why did you remove my comment?? I'm proud to have a China Phone and I'm telling you once again it's more PREMIUM than the Samsung phones! What is wrong with that??
2. MartianMe (unregistered)
Oh..............My,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GOD...........Samsung ..........really? HAHAHAHHAHAHAA.....
30. solomonsteve (Posts: 75; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
i mean seriously ????????????? OMG OMG OMG
3. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
You guys laugh at it now, but you have no idea how it's useful for some people.
39. garz_pa (Posts: 154; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Not in the country where I live. People who can't afford even the low-range Android phones opts for China-made phones with tv receivers. In here, a large percent of households still use analog TVs watching free channels. And it's pretty useful for them watching TV while stuck in traffic.
36. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
Its alright if enough people want such a phone. However, Samsung could have put more effort into designing the phone. The phone is not really a beauty.
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Aren't most Korean or Japanese flagships pack a TV antenna?
38. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
The technology used is called 1seg or OneSeg. Japan had the ability to watch TV on their phones since 2006.
9. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Nope, they call it INNOVATION! ....from CHINA! :D
14. Tcool (Posts: 39; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
I have seen lots of China phone with TV receiver and dual SIM slots long time ago. Even in other Asian countries, they make mobile phones for local market with TV receiver and dual SIM slots. Nothing new about that.
I call it copying. :D
37. willard12 (Posts: 1163; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Phones that made calls and sent texts were out years ago too. Maybe you think all the phones that come today with these features are copying also. Either way, remember this when you see a phone with a fingerprint scanner as the Atrix did it 3 years ago.
33. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
You know that Korean phones in Korea have had tv receivers for years, right?
12. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
nice to see that some brands not only focus on CAMERA department.....
13. darkskoliro (Posts: 1058; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Had this on my sanzhai phone! :D Was the best feature ever.
15. uchihakurtz (Posts: 307; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
If Samsung keeps tarnishing the S Series it'll lose that special feeling of owning one. They should make another Galaxy name meant for things like this. Or even better, a new U Series meant for flagship. Remember how cool and beautiful the U900 sliding phone was?
16. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
since samsung is fvcking rich, they can produce anything that they could think off.
,galaxy ace , galaxy mini, galaxy ace mini, galaxy y, y duos, galaxy s4 ,s4 mini, s4 zoom , s4 active , s4 inactive, s4 boob, mega 6.8 , supermega 7.2, superhyperdeltamega 8.0 , this flip phone, a slider, a candybar, an actual candy, a dildo running jellybean 4.2.2 , a watch, a bracelet, a billboard etc
19. sergiobr (Posts: 542; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I live in Brasil and WE DON´T NEED IT !!! Why do you thing we´re in the jungle ??? I´m using Tivizen for digital TV, and for the rest ... web. No use, ugly design, poor camera...put it in other countries ! I´d loved a S4 Snapdragon with this plus.
20. TwentyWendy (banned) (Posts: 65; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
I should wait the gs4 tv instead :)
26. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1626; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
You should wait until you're mature enough to use a phone
34. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1626; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Nope, I am not on this website as much as she is (I think).
22. Credo (Posts: 712; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Cool! I remember my Nokia N96 has that feature too!
23. johnbftl (Posts: 264; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
Is this 2008 again? I had this on my Voyager. I used to watch ESPN at work when I was working for wireless advocates. I would watch Monday Night Football if I had to close. Customers would walk by and I would demo it to them. I sold so many Voyagers that way. We also had a demo LG Vu but it was kind of choppy.
31. Sondae (Posts: 220; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
So weird for samsung to made this S2 TV with a lower specs this reminds me of chinese unbranded name phones being sold in asia. Wish they could have made s2 a quadcore with a higher ram.
32. nlbates66 (Posts: 318; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
these... comments... idiots... going on asif Samsung have never done it before...
lookup the Samsung galaxy K, Samsung have done TV tuners in phones for quite a while, as have other companies, they aren't trying to be innovative here there're simply bringing the mobile phone with TV tuner to other markets, and you lot would complain about that...