Samsung Galaxy S II Android Ice Cream Sandwich update to start rolling out March 1
He claims that Android Ice Cream Sandwich is arriving to Samsung's finest from March 1, which is just in the Q1 timeframe Samsung gave before. The Galaxy Note monster is to follow, and the rest shouldn't be far behind.
1. mercorp (Posts: 972; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
When you the update for the galaxy r arrive then?
2. henrickrw (Posts: 407; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I just hothey maintain the nexus transitions & elminate touchwiz 4.0
4. frydaexiii (Posts: 1236; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Oh boy...Touchwiz with ICS, this will probably suck...and I'm using an SII...
5. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Can you explain why? I'm in the process of buying a new phone and I'm not sure of what's the best choice.
8. jove39 (Posts: 1305; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Well...TW destroys ICS experience completely...way everything is organized in ICS is much better...TW will make you feel like you are still on froyo/ginger...over all samsung's leaked firmware has bigger memory(ram) footprint averaging around 300mb...but stock ICS with only required apps running in background stays around 200mb.
I have stock ICS on my vibrant (its port from nexus s)...and i tried leaked ICS firmware on my att SGS2...samsung's buid really sucks compared to stock.
9. cellphonator (Posts: 298; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
So, correct me if I'm wrong, the coming update on the SGSII will have a stock ICS or will be mixed to TW? Thanks.
17. frydaexiii (Posts: 1236; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Well, if you don't mind installing a custom ROM in future, then get the SGS2, it's still by far the best Android phone in terms of hardware when compared to the Razr or Galaxy Nexus. The only thing it's lacking now is NFC but I'm sure the NFC SD cards will go on sale once NFC takes off...
Right now, I'll test out ICS on my phone, if it doesn't suit me then I'm probably gonna install Cyanogenmod 9...
23. molanjames (Posts: 64; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
Hi @cellphonator If you are going to buy used phone then ebay and swappa are best . But i would suggest before buying any phone dont forget to check its current market value @movaluate.com, so that no bady can deceive you.
19. the_s2 (Posts: 206; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Not that bad.... TW has some awesome functionalities.... well, if you like the stock launcher, Just root it and flash it with CM Trebuchet launcher!!
20. frydaexiii (Posts: 1236; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yeah, I love some of their functions like the "slide to call" in the phone and the brightness slider in the status bar (from CM7), but the stock TW interface is just horrible, cos it looks like iOS
6. abdane (Posts: 476; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
ughhhh, " depends on country " mine is last for sure :S
7. jove39 (Posts: 1305; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Hmmm...I tried leaked firmware XXLPB...on my att version...radio doesn't transfer any sound...also...I don't like TouchWiz anymore. So will wait for a CM9 or MIUI port. Believe me TW on ICS is like salt in Ice Cream...lol
11. k1ng617 (Posts: 257; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Honestly, I just need a good quality leak and will let the awesome CM devs take care of the rest. Leak a Galaxy Note ICS ROM PLEASE!!
14. devonblue4u (Posts: 40; Member since: 12 Apr 2011)
I already have ICS on my I9000 SGS original. And they said it couldn't be done....
15. wumberpeb (Posts: 437; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
How about the Nexus S 4G for goodness sake? What happened to the near instant updates? Little bummed about that...
16. zaryab_hussain77 (Posts: 102; Member since: 30 Jun 2011)
I wish they give stock android ics update to sgs2....
18. frydaexiii (Posts: 1236; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yeah,I wished they gave you the option too since it's a whole new OS version and not a minor upgrade...
22. imkyle (Posts: 1007; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Its getting close to March 1st.... 4 more hours =) please let this roll out.