Samsung Galaxy S II Android Ice Cream Sandwich update to start rolling out March 1
He claims that Android Ice Cream Sandwich is arriving to Samsung's finest from March 1, which is just in the Q1 timeframe Samsung gave before. The Galaxy Note monster is to follow, and the rest shouldn't be far behind.
2. henrickrw posted on 10 Feb 2012, 08:31 0 0
I just hothey maintain the nexus transitions & elminate touchwiz 4.0
4. frydaexiii posted on 10 Feb 2012, 09:09 4 0
Oh boy...Touchwiz with ICS, this will probably suck...and I'm using an SII...
5. cellphonator posted on 10 Feb 2012, 09:14 0 0
Can you explain why? I'm in the process of buying a new phone and I'm not sure of what's the best choice.
8. jove39 posted on 10 Feb 2012, 10:15 4 0
Well...TW destroys ICS experience completely...way everything is organized in ICS is much better...TW will make you feel like you are still on froyo/ginger...over all samsung's leaked firmware has bigger memory(ram) footprint averaging around 300mb...but stock ICS with only required apps running in background stays around 200mb.
I have stock ICS on my vibrant (its port from nexus s)...and i tried leaked ICS firmware on my att SGS2...samsung's buid really sucks compared to stock.
9. cellphonator posted on 10 Feb 2012, 10:33 0 0
So, correct me if I'm wrong, the coming update on the SGSII will have a stock ICS or will be mixed to TW? Thanks.
12. imkyle posted on 10 Feb 2012, 11:28 0 0
I will include TW 4.0
17. frydaexiii posted on 11 Feb 2012, 01:42 1 1
Well, if you don't mind installing a custom ROM in future, then get the SGS2, it's still by far the best Android phone in terms of hardware when compared to the Razr or Galaxy Nexus. The only thing it's lacking now is NFC but I'm sure the NFC SD cards will go on sale once NFC takes off...
Right now, I'll test out ICS on my phone, if it doesn't suit me then I'm probably gonna install Cyanogenmod 9...
23. molanjames posted on 25 Nov 2012, 10:06 0 0
Hi @cellphonator If you are going to buy used phone then ebay and swappa are best . But i would suggest before buying any phone dont forget to check its current market value @movaluate.com, so that no bady can deceive you.
19. the_s2 posted on 11 Feb 2012, 01:52 0 1
Not that bad.... TW has some awesome functionalities.... well, if you like the stock launcher, Just root it and flash it with CM Trebuchet launcher!!
20. frydaexiii posted on 11 Feb 2012, 09:14 1 0
Yeah, I love some of their functions like the "slide to call" in the phone and the brightness slider in the status bar (from CM7), but the stock TW interface is just horrible, cos it looks like iOS
6. abdane posted on 10 Feb 2012, 09:44 1 0
ughhhh, " depends on country " mine is last for sure :S
7. jove39 posted on 10 Feb 2012, 10:09 0 0
Hmmm...I tried leaked firmware XXLPB...on my att version...radio doesn't transfer any sound...also...I don't like TouchWiz anymore. So will wait for a CM9 or MIUI port. Believe me TW on ICS is like salt in Ice Cream...lol
11. k1ng617 posted on 10 Feb 2012, 11:05 0 0
Honestly, I just need a good quality leak and will let the awesome CM devs take care of the rest. Leak a Galaxy Note ICS ROM PLEASE!!
14. devonblue4u posted on 10 Feb 2012, 19:49 0 0
I already have ICS on my I9000 SGS original. And they said it couldn't be done....
15. wumberpeb posted on 10 Feb 2012, 22:58 0 0
How about the Nexus S 4G for goodness sake? What happened to the near instant updates? Little bummed about that...
16. zaryab_hussain77 posted on 11 Feb 2012, 00:07 2 0
I wish they give stock android ics update to sgs2....
18. frydaexiii posted on 11 Feb 2012, 01:43 0 0
Yeah,I wished they gave you the option too since it's a whole new OS version and not a minor upgrade...
22. imkyle posted on 29 Feb 2012, 18:51 0 0
Its getting close to March 1st.... 4 more hours =) please let this roll out.