Samsung Galaxy S II Android ICS update now rolling to Europe and Asia
1. deacz (Posts: 146; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
updating my gs2 on wifi atm in Finland, ~220 meg download
3. nyamo (Posts: 273; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
with an "official" firmware being pushed out does that mean kernel source will also drop soon?
4. rg987 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Sony had the earliest words about ICS and we appreciated but see Samsung and HTC are the first to roll out ICS. the lol thing is that Sony has even launched their NXT SERIES on gingerbread. atleast that must have been launched on ICS
5. qerim (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
I live in germany.and while we have no official update jet,is it posible to update it manually?
6. tahirgholizadeh (Posts: 8; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
if i live in the us with an international unlocked galaxy s2 will i still get the update sooner than the us versions??
8. imkyle (Posts: 939; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Absolutely. I have the UK version and I was updated to 2.3.4 immediately when it was released. I read there is a second batch coming on Monday the 19th and that will be the UK and I'm assuming other regions too.
7. henrickrw (Posts: 402; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
nice... all i need now is xda developers to upload it in order to flash it
9. the_s2 (Posts: 199; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Its crap. The XXLPH(Open Europe, Beta) firmware I was on had cool 3d effects. These guys simply removed those effects from the update.(XXLPJ,Poland) I dont know whether its region specific, though.
10. hobble (Posts: 130; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
It will be nice to have ICS on my i777 AND have access to my search and back keys!
11. qerim (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
i just updated but i am really disapointed.it is not fluid.browsing is crapy when u want to scroll ur webpage it just goes very fast.f**k u samsung.