SID expo 2013: Galaxy S4 display has the widest color gamut, Samsung demos 13.3" panel with 3200x1800 pixels
1. galanoth (Posts: 407; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
I really like my sister's Galaxy S 4 display over my Nexus 4's.
Nexus 4 just looks a little washed out when watching videos.
Will pick up a Google Galaxy S 4 June 26.
10. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
With the best in class display of s4 samsung continues to be the display king!!
12. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
might wanna check out HTC One if you're solely going for a better display. just suggesting. no fanboy.
20. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Side by side the S4 looks better because people like saturation over natural.
21. chocolaking (Posts: 491; Member since: 22 May 2012)
lol, this news source is from Samsung = Faked
but, personali , LED screen hurts my eye. So I prefer LCD still.
maybe another 2 years of R&D is needed for LED technology to be smoother.
23. ph00ny (Posts: 820; Member since: 26 May 2011)
LED screen? Don't these LCD screens use LED back lights?
As for OLED screen, i don't see a big issue since my note 2 is on auto brightness and i didn't see a huge issue with it overly saturated/bright
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 2150; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
MORE colors doesn't necessarily means oversaturation, AMOLED can display some existing colors other displays can't. The S4 movie mode is quite accurate on the RGB scale (DisplayMate) and AMOLED is excellent for multimedia content and power consumption, and let's face it, pictures, videos, games, that's why you need a stunning display, and that's where say an Xperia Z comes up very short.
The reason ppl. still call an S4 oversaturated is cause they are used to washed out colors on displays.
15. medicci37 (Posts: 1157; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
No. Actually it's because the s4 is oversaturated. I checked out the 1 & s4 at tmobile. Idk how anyone can look at the screen & say colors are anywhere near realistic. There are some advantages to amoled (I had the galaxy nexus until recently) But the display on the 1 is more natural. Instead of looking like a cartoon
17. SleepingOz (unregistered)
2b96f187eccf09a9af54ea5e1f5541 /r/884x-/i/50/15/c550cece00754ec4a4754 e9f9741.jpg
492717858af37119ad4c01d9c801d8 /r/884x-/i/32/3d/f147d1b85376025503cac 8d67296.jpg
cb5d74f88ffa5f73e1852f32ec876f /r/884x-/i/42/bc/37455408689e3e10abd98 21313ec.jpg
876c7df22d5f53201c81ad997dd17c /r/884x-/i/ca/71/14fe4197333be00f2109b 2221364.jpg
18. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
The One is not more natural than the S4. The S4 on display mode can be changed to Adobe RGB which brings more natural colors than even the One's LCD 3 or the LG's IPS LCD can produce. Most reviewers just don't know what they are talking about when it comes to AMOLED technology anymore.
3. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
13.3" panel with 3200x1800 pixels ppi is 276
7. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 749; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Winning pixel density game in laptops category..
13. sennarose88 (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 Jun 2009)
Thank you for verifying it's a laptop screen, I thought it is going to Galaxy Mega 13.3 phablet
4. BadAssAbe (Posts: 442; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
I fine it funny how people still say LCDs are better when they can't even reproduce the 2nd most used color black( not dark grey)
Onscreen buttons, black
Wide screen bars on movie, black
11. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Meanwhile amoled screens continue to struggle with simple colours such as grey and white (not blue and purple)
5. tiara6918 (Posts: 1946; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Super Amoled is the best screen display for mobile phones, samsung should also make televisions with super amoled too..
22. chocolaking (Posts: 491; Member since: 22 May 2012)
lol, you are very knowledgeable to make this comment.
6. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 749; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Still and at The End of The Game..
Good News/Articles are in favor of the Giant Samsung.
Good Job :)
8. jibraihimi (Posts: 720; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
With LG and samsung displaying High resolution Display's in 13"-14" size, I think now we will be able to see better displays in Laptos and ultrabooks..........
9. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
nice, now i want a display comparison between S4 and lumia 925.
16. Taters (Posts: 5762; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Yes organic diodes can create more shades of colours than a flashlight and a red, green, blue paper, which is all LCD is. It doesn't take a scientists to realize that.
The problem is the people like meddici37 being too used to seeing colour created that way that anything is too jarring for them.
It is harder to calibrate when you have too many shades to choose from though.....
19. PhoneCritic (Posts: 491; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I have to say that the screen on the S4 is the most vivid and clearest I have seen on a device. Samsung really knows how to make displays Just like Nokia knows how to make cameras and HTC knows about designs, Put them all together and you would have a superphone. Lol anyway Amoled in, my opinion( keywords- my opinion) is superior to LCD. but that being said I find that the display ( superLCD3) on the HTC one actually very good at producing Black ( not as perfect as the S4 but very Good) its colors are fabulously natural ( but the S4 can also tone down it's hue pops with its display modes giving very natural colors as well) so to me I have to give props to Samsung for producing incredible displays. No doubt about them being the absolute kings here.