Rumor: Design changes coming to iOS 7; software is falling behind schedule
Those in the know are also passing along the word that iOS 7 is running late, forcing Apple to pull engineers off of OS X 10.9 in order to get things moving at a quicker pace. Is there anything that we can learn now about iOS 7? The latest news is that it will make many people happy, but those designers who love rich-texture will be sad.
The hope is that we will see either the whole shebang or just a partial look at iOS 7 at WWDC, all timed together with the introduction of the next Apple iPhone. Is there any particular change you are hoping to see on iOS 7?
source: DaringFireball via Slashgear
1. alterecho (Posts: 1095; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
"iOS X 10.9"
lol... I believe thats an error.
On the subject, i hope they add disk transfer mode.
14. AnTuTu (Posts: 1302; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
A copyright alert for Android, Window, BB10 and Firefox OS.
35. darkkjedii (Posts: 15162; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
All platforms that originally borrowed from apple/iOS. This is why on some level everyone is suing everyone.
49. darkkjedii (Posts: 15162; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
U always say that when some one challenges u. I have a great life, just do your research before u post silly stuff. We all know u hate apple, but u can still at least be intelligent about it. "Get a life" my fiancé, son, health and fitness, and career are my life.
2. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
I'm hoping for a redone, nor revamped, user interface.
3. Nocturne (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 May 2012)
One thing i would love to see is If it was actually iOS 7.0 instead of iOS 4.4 as it is more accurately referred to.
A dedicated screen to put highly used apps or more customization would be great, none of this you can customize app drawer nonsense. Its clunky and outdated.
If not the above at least a pinch to zoom on its app drawer is much needed as well as a burst mode for camera.
Quick toggles like jellybean or how Samsung has implemented on touchwiz.
Basically catching up to features Android has had for awhile.
It doesn't need a voice assistant that will be marketed like crazy, or a new feature that is more gimmick than useful. What it needs is to add a tonne of features they have either intentionally, or through lack of foresight, left out in previous updates.
Also new icons please, its current ones are dated,clunky and ugly.
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 15162; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You sound as if you plan to get ios7?
4. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
dont trust Apple, they will never change outdated iConboard from cave....they maybe add another row of icons and more vulnerabilities to iOS
"iPhones most vulnerable among smartphones":
goo [dot] gl/WF2kj
29. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
they have never done, why would they now? :)
31. darkkjedii (Posts: 15162; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm just wondering why they might make it known that they are, if they have no intention on doing so. Why shoot themselves in the foot like that? Generally companies step up when they need to, to stay relevant. Your comment sounds more like the typical bashing type, rather than something credible. I'm just saying
5. jonartpop (Posts: 167; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
I wonder if 3Gs would support iOS7. I can't wait to see the new design, hope the price would change too hahah. By change I mean cheaper.
27. Yaldo_27 (Posts: 28; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
I hope so, but I'm affraid they won't make it cheaper
33. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9801; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Have you seen the horrific lag on the 3GS running iOS 6? It's like the G1 running ICS.
6. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
I think it's time for Apple to really revamp the iOS platform, as it is getting old and stale, losing its cool. It's been the same since 2010 with little changes in the design and features. If Apple does this new iOS right, they could start seeing even more promising sales.
7. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
they are not able to improve anything....they put very small amount of money to innovations, they have transferred money to litigation and corruption (iPads for turkey policemen????, higher prices of IT products in Australia, fine in Italy etc.) .....simply new Microsoft
12. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
So you are expecting this cultural and technology icon, pioneering innovator to just make a crappy version of iOS 7, because they aren't ABLE?! Jesus, does everyone undermine Apples power and money? Whatever they throw in the market, everyone follows! They reinvented phones, mobile gaming(applications), tablets, branding, music players and music. Apple is able to reinvent and if people disagree then they have had their heads in the sand for the last 10 years.
13. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
yes, everybody follows iPad where you can not even copy a file and open the file in any app = its not a tablet, its just a gaming console.....who follows Apple must be logically simply simple and very limited person....its not in contradiction that world is full of limited persons....thats the reason Apple lives, why not? :)
and imagine, that someone thinks that Apple reinvented a Phone, but iToy has just iCons and is made for fingers......like Windows 3.1 without touch display....nothing more.....just stolen LG Prada but LG didn't have so many limited fans....thats all the secret :)
16. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
What you said makes no sense with no proper example/explanation .. just biased statements. I wont bother with you.
17. baldilocks (Posts: 601; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
While I myself am an Android fan, I disagree with your logic. Mainly I disagree because it is flawed. Just because someone chooses to use iOS doesn't make them any less intelligent. My father is much more intelligent than I, and he loves his iPhone.
It's people like you who use lower case letters to start a sentence and .... instead of commas, who truly are the less bright.
20. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
1) first iPhones bought just Apple MAC or iPod owners
2) ifst iPads bought just iPhone owners (90 %)
and because of Apple has so a lot of limited fans, the world was mistaken
these facts are facts so you have to understand a little to written text :)
dear boys, deal with the facts :)
21. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Wheres the source for these "facts". Don't just magically make them up from YOUR experiences, just because YOU don't like it doesn't make it true or right or even wrong. I bought an iPad, and i aint an iPhone owner, like many others who bought the iPad.
22. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
I have no reason to create such a lies..... I've read it somewhere....just deal with it with your iToy :)
but you can give me a proof its a lie :)
8. chrisbeto10 (Posts: 6; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
widget support out of the box( i mean, no need to jailbreak to get widgets) , a more modern user interface with more gestures, and a better multi tasking method.
9. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
gosh, apples way of life and stranglehold on their iFollowers is sooooo depressing.... so many holding on to what might be when it never be's... pathetic
10. BackHandLegend (Posts: 80; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
Better late than rushed. I hope apple has learned a lot these two years.
11. jbitounis (Posts: 54; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Phonearena I like you but please double check the syntax and grammar of your posts next time.
18. baldilocks (Posts: 601; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
You missed a comma after PhoneArena and you didn't really end you sentence properly. Just saying.
45. Aeires (unregistered)
Oh, the irony. lol
15. Penny (Posts: 1396; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I am a man that studied user-centered design in school and truly do appreciate good work when I see it out there. I have a feeling that Apple is up to something really good, though that is nothing but a hunch.
The only problem is that I am so deterred by getting stuck in Apple's ecosystem that I avoid the iPhone at all costs, even when I feel like the device and functionality itself is solid. I despise iTunes, I despise that Apple tries to make everything proprietary, from software to hardware. Sigh. Oh well, good luck Apple UI guys and I hope you knock it out of the park. I just know I'm not buying it. Sorry for the rant all.
38. dakota30312 (Posts: 15; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
I agree completely with you! I feel as though Google does a pretty good job keeping up with iTunes. Given that iTunes had so much more time to develope and grow vs Google Play but I feel that I can still find all the music and movies I want on Google Play with out feeling tied down. I also think Apple makes good stuff especially there ipads are top notch but like you I will never buy into it.
I just wish Android had the same third party support that apple products do. The problem is there is just so many makes of the Android system phones and tablets.
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 15162; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Glad to hear apples possibly back in the lab, instead of only the courtroom.
28. Xolar (Posts: 57; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
hope they can change the UI
i'm just sick buying apple products that are all the same...
just change it!
Just Think Different!
34. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Agreed! They need to change the UI. The UI sucks! No main home screen!
36. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
I was days away from making the switch to Android... With this news I think I'm going to stick with my iPhone 4 for a few more months to see where these rumors end up. I'm looking forward to what Apply has up it sleeve!!
39. darkkjedii (Posts: 15162; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Smart move Dave. Wait it out then decide
42. quakan (Posts: 1277; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I'm doing the same. I want to see what all there is to offer before I'm sold on a device. I currently have the iPhone 4 and even though I'm comfortable in the iOS/OSX ecosystem, I am still open to all options. By time November rolls around (end of my contract), I should have a pretty good idea of what I'l be buying.
47. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Agreed... I really believe that if apple reengineers iOS it will blow its competition out of the water. IMO.
I have always been a iOS supporter and I have always been non-bias in my comments. I appreciate what all options have to offer. I say bring on the competition and let consumers pick the product they like best!
52. darkkjedii (Posts: 15162; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Excellent post bro. Apples got tons of potential, just gotta get up off the couch and go for it. I look forward to iOS 7...hope it's major.
40. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Hopefully its not another see saw of parts like everything else seems to be added lately
46. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Simply adding widgets would be a huge step for them.
53. sumitnsit (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
I want following features.
1. I want to Google map as default app for Maps.
2. A battery saving button on notification bar. which will close all battery consuming services like
bluetooth, wifi, data on cellular, 3G, hotspot (user may select which services to stop)
3. I want to delete few apple applications like Newsstand, stock, Maps, Passbook, iTunes
4. In built browser in Mail app.
5. RSS reader
6. Option to select Siri server... so developers across the globe can create their own regional servers to speak in regional language
7. Better design for Music app