Road map of expected Windows Phone releases discovered
Nokia, of course, will be releasing one to as many as three handsets on May 14th during their press event in London. The Nokia Lumia 928 for Verizon is pretty much a gimme. The question is whether the Nokia Lumia 925, as rumored, will also be unwrapped during the event. And there is also the hope that the Nokia Lumia EOS and its 808 PureView-like 41MP camera sensor will also be introduced at the same time. The Reddit post also mentioned the Samsung Chronus, which was mistakenly labeled in the post as a Windows 8 notebook when it is supposedly a aluminum clad Windows Phone 8 handset.
We mentioned at the beginning of this article that one of the models listed on the road map was a 5 inch, FHD device. This is coming from Chinese manufacturer Huawei which purportedly will offer a Windows Phone 8 flavored version of its Android powered Huawei Ascend D2. This is expected to be called the Huawei Ascend WQ 5 and will be equipped with the same 13MP snapper on back that is seen on the Ascend D2.
Will we see all of these models in the June through August time frame as the Reddit poster claims? First up is the Nokia event in London which will be here before you know it.
source: WPSuperfanboy via DailyMobile
1. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Cool, more choices, more marketshare, more competition: better products for everyone!!
13. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Well that's true, they just need to put 1GB RAM on all of their phones
18. Dastrix (unregistered)
Keep in mind, low-end models such as the Lumia 520 and 620 do not necessarily need 1GB RAM. Nokia's got all the bases covered to be the leader!
19. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 433; Member since: 07 May 2012)
no they don't but the games u want to play on it do,the minum ram for any smartphone os right now be it wp8,ios or adndroid should be 1 gb,nothing less.
even if its a low end phone!!!
20. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
well that can be sorted in coding unless developer left the game unoptimized if it was ported many games were like that then they got optimized for low rams and u cant have a phone with no compromize and still have lowest pricepoint do u want them to remove camera :P
26. Dastrix (unregistered)
Tell that to Nokia. I'm sure they'll listen! :P
25. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
If so then Nokia is releasing lots of low end Lumias.
27. Dastrix (unregistered)
Again, different OSes call for different hardware specs. You can't compare WP's flagships to Android's solely based on RAM. The software architecture is completely different, and you'd be wrong to think that WP "needs" more than 1GB RAM in its current release.
28. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Temple Run on WP needs more than 512MB of RAM
22. akki20892 (Posts: 3797; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
NL520 is rocking around the world men...!!!
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
LEOS (if that is the one with the 41+ Mp PV camera) is an AT&T exclusive to be released in November, 2013.
3. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
i heard that nokia also gonna make a phablet (like note2) ....................is this true??????????
11. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yup, it's 100% true! Nokia said that before.
21. Diazene (Posts: 129; Member since: 01 May 2013)
they said they'd investigate more form factors, and they had lots of juice, so maybe yes, or maybe they're just making a tablet
23. akki20892 (Posts: 3797; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
nokia have dream to make phablet, i know that nokia had plan to launch phablet before anyone else release phablet but they stuck with OS. anyway they r gonna launch phablet on their event. stay tune
4. milesboy5 (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Too bad Huawei has never mad it to the states on any of the Big Four carriers.
6. -box- (Posts: 3973; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
There's plenty of Huawei devices in the US, including phones, USB data sticks, and MiFis.
12. tigermcm (Posts: 832; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
US govt doesnt want Huawei in the telecommunications business here but as far as an OEM I dont think they care
7. alterecho (Posts: 1095; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Apart from Nokia, i'm also interested in what HTC brings. I was actually surprised by the HTC 8X. It was as good as a Nokia phone, in terms of the build. It felt awesome in hand and felt thinner than it actually is. The choice of materials was awesome, too.
I hadn't had the chance to see a Samsung or a Huawei Windows device, so don't know much about them.
8. nlbates66 (Posts: 320; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
who wants to bet that one of the 5" devices is a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Windows phone 8 on it? :P (just like the ATIV S was largely an SIII with WP8 on it)
15. cyko969 (Posts: 49; Member since: 23 Mar 2010)
Would be nice .. Samsung would definitely benefit from it and up there game with WP. C'mon Samsung!
14. cyko969 (Posts: 49; Member since: 23 Mar 2010)
Hopefully Nokia will release their phablet device this year! ... I wouldn't think twice about buying it.
16. cdgoin (Posts: 409; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
NOKIA ! (OR HTC) listen the Q10 will be a big seller, and prove the market for a high end QWERTY phone.. you should make one sooner than later. Especially a BB Torch / DVP like design.
17. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1351; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
this is great news for windows phone fans I will get a Verizon Nokia 928 buy wow a Verizon nokia
galaxy note sized smart phone would be smoking great