Purported first photo sample from LG G3 surfaces, you be the judge
Then a fella by the handle of “Geek” shared his two cents. Stating that a friend of his was testing the LG G3 for a carrier and was on the receiving end of a couple pictures from that device. He shared one of the pictures, ostensibly of his friend’s cat, to show what might be coming this summer.
The EXIF data shows LG-D972 as the camera model. Based on some model numbers we caught wind of in January, maybe this D972 number is legitimate to consider for the upcoming LG G3, but we are not 100% sure. However, the model number does not line up with anything in LG’s current stable of devices. We tried zooming in on one of the cat's eyes to see if we could catch the reflection, and thus a glimpse of the device, to no avail.
“Geek” shared that the camera that took the picture is nearly identical to the sensor on the new LG G Pro 2, 13MP with optical image stabilization. He also noted that we would see the G3 "probably" in July. That information does not jive with some data that came out of Korea, but just like this image, the rest is anyone's guess.
What a picture too, the dimensions are 4160 x 2342, and the level of detail is outstanding. If this is the G3, it may very well add to the hype that have some outlets talking about it being a Galaxy S5 killer. Click on the image to get the full resolution.
Thanks for the tip Hans!
1. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3567; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Wow!!!! Extremely impressive!!... Watch out Nokia!
3. apple4never (Posts: 1008; Member since: 08 May 2013)
indeed, thats a massive picture and thats incredibly sharp even on my retina MBP, this is gonna kill the S5 before its even born lol
17. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
How about we wait to see the S5's camera quality before we claim it'll "kill" anything.
46. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Can you say the same thing to samsung fanboys when they talk about the so called isocell camera???
20. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
beautiful camera great job LG killer sharp Camera. but the cat is funny :)
25. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3567; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Well, we need to wait and see the validity of this article.. Seriously, we don't even have solid evidence that this was taken with a G3...
32. mr.techdude (Posts: 565; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Nokia has the worst camera software interface I've ever seen, it's soooo complicated that it makes Samsung's camera interface look like iPhone camera interface. Hate Nokia and their BS products, hope they close down
38. akki20892 (Posts: 3731; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
It's call advance interface, not complicated. Have you ever used? They have good and quality interface.
Nokia not going to close down buddy. It will rise again - wait and watch, And that's my words.
53. Nkolsen (Posts: 59; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Yup now that they are on the android wagon, they defo are on the rise ;D
39. fireblade (Posts: 714; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
it's not for noobs like you. It's for pro photographer
54. Nkolsen (Posts: 59; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Damn you made my day :D Pro photographer.......using a mobile phone as their tool...........
69. elitewolverine (Posts: 2567; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Actually they have Nkolsen, go on youtube and watch pro photographers using them for short films, national geographic shoot, and more. But i understand Nkolsen when your mobile phone is severely inadequate
50. galanoth07 (Posts: 44; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Nokia have a good camera interface. Maybe you don't know how to use it because ur a noob. Nokia will not close down.
65. Millenialssux (Posts: 14; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Never understood why people wish a company to fail and reduce competition. Competition drives innovation and advances technology in many industries. Kill competition and you'll have the cable industry. No competition, high prices, and crap product.
51. Tizen007 (Posts: 548; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Yeah can't wait! I will change my iP4 to this one if it comes out with the anticipated specs. My first LG phone in my life..
66. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
Poor cat, it was probably the last moment before it got eaten.
16. Birds (Posts: 1062; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
You are though.... Yeah I made it awkward....deal with it.
4. Sauce (unregistered)
This is f****** amazing. GS5.... Lmao.
Go go go LG!!
48. ihavenoname (Posts: 1560; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
From Note 3 owner, GS5, you're in trouble.
64. Diezparda (Posts: 270; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
From Note 3 owner, GS5 is not even worth to consider unless it was affordable
70. sergiobr (Posts: 465; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
From Note 3 owner, my note in bright light can take photos like that ! Show me something indoors please, so ... I give a credit for that.
5. fzacek (Posts: 2349; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I definitely would not buy the G2 now. Either wait for the G3 to come out (which will almost certainly be better than the S5) or wait for the G3 to come out and THEN buy the G2 when it will be reasonably discounted.
10. pwnarena (Posts: 1006; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
the g2 is already a good device. if they will be using the same 13MP sensor in the g3 and you are looking for something that take great photos, the g2 should be enough. you may only need software updates to improve camera performance.
21. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I used to think many(not all) of you actually hated Apple. But now I'm starting to realize, you hate anything that is popular and cheer on the underdog. When Apple was untouchable, everyone rooted for Samsung to compete with it and bring Android to it's level. Now that it has and Samsung has been on top, many of you now bash it as if it were Apple. You would be saying the same thing about LG if they were on top too.
33. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9339; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Omg I can't describe how true this comment is.
45. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I think samsung "dirty tricks" like paying people to talk s**t about the competitor is the biggest reason why many people starting to hate samsung.
68. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3567; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Well, not exactly... Hatters love to bash on WP, and its not popular.. Well, actually around here WP is popular.. WP/MS/Nokia/Lumia related articles get the most attention around here. It's true, just scroll down, and take a look at how many comments the articles generate..
But, in WP's case it's very different.. Haters hate because they fear that it could actually be popular because of the things that are going on with it... It's kinda like a pre hatred before it's even popular... Kinda pathetic they are,,, haters...
18. Kishin (Posts: 675; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Nice and please bring back the physical button..
19. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
If only they stop using that back buttons .. sigh.
22. Gatorsrule52 (Posts: 34; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
I have the G2 and the back buttons are actually pretty useful!
57. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Useful is pretty vague, since those buttons do have their use after all. To me it just looks ugly, and weird.
24. Ant34 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
The back button is fine. They need to get rid of the menu button.
37. Commentator (Posts: 2600; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
The menu button is fine too, as long as they add a multitask button as well. It's not like they both couldn't fit. (But don't get me started on the notification-drawer button...)
41. fireblade (Posts: 714; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
what's wrong with back button? I sometime forget where the volume button is
26. johnehms09 (Posts: 49; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
Proud owner of LG G2..hihi.. excited!!.. I didn't know even the cat in Korea got the same eyes like them..hihi
27. Diezparda (Posts: 270; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
make it the next Nexus 6 please, i love how LG works with their hardware but in terms of software they need some redesign and simplification because it looks so much like Samsung which i don't like it.
40. fireblade (Posts: 714; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Easy. Want to pay $700 for new Nexus with this camera?
58. Diezparda (Posts: 270; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
You underestimated Indonesian LOL... in my country iPhone 5 the 16gb model cost more than $1.000 and still sells like hotcakes.
30. Topcat488 (Posts: 1180; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Here pussy pussy pussy pussy pussy, Ahhhh, nice pussy cat...... RUFF RUFF RUFF!
31. nlbates66 (Posts: 317; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
if it is really from the G3 then that's pretty impressive, but we should remember it's not too difficult to alter EXIF data in an image taken from a camera to whatever you wish.
34. TheBeaconProject (Posts: 7; Member since: 11 Dec 2012)
3200x1800 laptop here
First time I've fully zoomed in on an image and lost little to no details
43. GMS85 (Posts: 158; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
LG is taking the game standards to another level.