Price cut for Apple iPhone 5 is on Target
Another promotion for the Apple iPhone 5 can be found at Target. The discount retailer is taking $50 off the price of the Verizon, AT&T and Sprint version of the handset starting on Sunday and running through June 9th. That is the day before WWDC kicks off. But wait-there's more. Through July 9th, trade in a working cellphone and take another $50 off the Apple iPhone 5 or Apple iPhone 4S. Again, a two year pact must be signed.
Why is there such a strong desire to get rid of Apple iPhone 5 inventory? If we didn't know any better, we would think that a new version of the handset is on the way.
1. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
OMG this is hilarious! this is a mid-range phone that costs arround 700$.
2. Whateverman (Posts: 3242; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Ouch! Never thought of it that way, lol!
9. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
while THE GS III is like 39.99-79$.
24. Sav1oR (Posts: 14; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
Are you talking about the Lumia 920 that is FREE on AT&T or the Lumia 920 that is going for $200 on Craigslist? LMAO.
31. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Part of the reason why it's expensive is because of it's high resale value.
The iPhone 5 is the most advance iPhone money can buy, therefore, it's clearly not a mid-range device. If you are like many people who can't afford the iPhone 5, you have the option of the 4S or 4.
Personally, I am waiting for the 5S to come out and see how Virgin Mobile, Boost Mobile, Straight Talk, etc. positions the 5 and 4S. I need to replace my aging Moto Triumph that is going to be 2-years-old this July.
3. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I am so sick of PA saying 'iconic ' when referring to the iPone
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 17524; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
They're only speaking the truth. Refer to time magazines list of greatest inventions. Once something reaches icon status it never loses that distinction. You should know that, but I guess you don't use anything iconic.
15. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Pretty sure xperia thumbed you down for this one. And the rest 3 are the smartest people on here, haha!
21. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
and saying it every single time the device is mentioned is embarrassing by iOSarena
28. JMartin22 (Posts: 1712; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Just like those iconic actors from the 70s that are dead or serve no relevancy in today's society.
12. Doakie (Posts: 1758; Member since: 06 May 2009)
I would say it's the most well rounded. It's smaller screen, and basic UI make it the best phone for new Smartphone buyers, but the hardware is good enough for expert Smartphone users to still get by. But it is far from the best... There are many smartphones that best it in overall specs. That's like arguing that the Camry is the best car vs Corvettes, Hummers, and Ford F150s. Sometimes the phone or car that is the most well rounded is actually very mediocre and has had to make a lot of concessions to get to that status.
26. Sav1oR (Posts: 14; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
Specs, specs, specs, that's all you goons yap about. Too bad that Android needs Octo cores just so it could run smooth like my DUAL-CORE iPhone 5. Pathetic.
20. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Well ... it has just got ICONS so it's called ICONic :)
30. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
It's an easily recognizable smartphone by people who own and also by those people who don't own the device.
However, the same cannot be said for the typical android smartphone.
4. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
the price of iphones are damn too high for the given specs.dats why they collect more revenue despite being second in marketshare
5. sprockkets (Posts: 1608; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Weird, I thought apple forbid sales cause it makes their products look cheap...
6. donjunior (Posts: 50; Member since: 28 May 2013)
iScratch, iDents iPhone 5 should be only cost $200.
10. bucky (Posts: 2213; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
You Samsung fanboys are ten times worse than apple fanboys ever were!
14. Doakie (Posts: 1758; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Really? Seems like a lot of Samsung hate and backlash going through phone site comments these days. I've barely seen anyone who I would label a foaming at the mouth Samsung fan boy any time recently.
16. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8317; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
S-Plode, S-Cratch, S-Bloat. It can go the other way to.
19. MCrapp (Posts: 318; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Small.Boring aMeRiCan phone made in China with one year warranty!
23. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8317; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
99% of products are made in china plus one year is the standard warranty length.
25. Sav1oR (Posts: 14; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
iPhone 5 is the best smartphone out there! This is great! I will add another 2 lines, just so I can have 3 iPhones. Thank you, Apple & Target.
27. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 173; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
The trade in at Target adds $50 to any existing trade in value towards the purchase of an iPhone. A phone that normally trades inf or nothing gets $50. A phone that normally trades in for $50 gets a total of $100 trade value.
29. lyndon420 (Posts: 3254; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Trade in and downgrade? I think not my friend :-)