Possible Sony Xperia Z4 candidate clears the FCC
1. vuyonc (Posts: 1014; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Bigger screen in the same sized body would've been nice. Don't screw up! No phone has genuinely blown me yet!
30. faddi (Posts: 29; Member since: 11 Feb 2015)
That would have to be an extremely special phone to "blow" you.
7. dimas (Posts: 2132; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
Yup, you also forgot that Sony copy Samsung with having android, battery, internal storage and touchscreens on their phones. Shame on Sony right?
24. singhkaran9830 (unregistered)
They even copied speakers.
36. fonelover (Posts: 218; Member since: 19 Mar 2015)
S5 and S6 used screen size 5.1", so it's a Sammy proprietary size now. Sony should find their own.
5. SuperNova (banned) (Posts: 649; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
5.1" 1080p old school TFT screen? No OIS camera? What's new here? *Sigh* flop again Sony :(
6. dimas (Posts: 2132; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
Not all people want QHD displays, 1080 TFT screens are power efficient. Most people buy Xperia for their large battery capacities that could last for days.
Maybe you haven't used Z3 so you bring that OIS camera issue. I forgot, you only use samsung.
16. techperson211 (Posts: 1230; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Disaster? I never have to charge it during daytime cause it'll last me a day or two. We know you love samsung so please bring your pathetic comments on samsung article.
18. xperian (Posts: 322; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Samsung charging times are faster because you need to charge them much more often
22. SuperNova (banned) (Posts: 649; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
What if someone needs to charge it during daytime? Is the Z3 only designed for nighttime charger? LoL
41. may_czos (Posts: 736; Member since: 22 Nov 2014)
1 hour charge should get you through the day. Sony's battery life is so good that you can estimate when you're going to need to charge your phone and do it earlier. It has one significant advantage - battery lasts for more cycles.
19. dimas (Posts: 2132; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
True. Z3 don't have fast charging options but it's a fair trade considering it will last for days. I'd rather charge for an hour than be a wall hugger every 12-15 hours.
20. SuperNova (banned) (Posts: 649; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
For an hour? Don't be lying to yourself, dude. 230min to complete that cycle. LoL.
31. faddi (Posts: 29; Member since: 11 Feb 2015)
That's for full charge.
Even at 50% the Z3 will last at least a day.
Know your facts before commenting buddy.
45. dimas (Posts: 2132; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
+1 to you. Our little sammy boy don't like other phones get compared to Samsung, it makes him sad mad.
44. dimas (Posts: 2132; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
I'm not lying. I use z3 compact, charge it for an hour then good for a day and a half or two. I don't top it off to 100% because it will be bad for battery's longevity. It doesn't go down to 10% even with heavy browsing and music playing. I go for facts and experience little boy.
48. SuperNova (banned) (Posts: 649; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
Yet it's still not compromise with that of the S6. 10min charging time to get 4h of usage. How about z3?
S6 edge: - battery life: 8h11min
Z3: - battery life: 9h29min (so closed)
S6 edge: - charging time: 83min
Z3: - charging time: 235min (3x longer, LOL)
Admit it, Sony boy! Z3 batter still lags behind S6/edge, not to mention S6 has much smaller capacity but higher spec. (QHD resolution). You just a diehard fanboy who denies everything and never give credit to Samsung for their better devices. :)
23. AndreaWijayanti (Posts: 69; Member since: 03 Mar 2015)
I'd rather charging for 83 minutes than 235 minutes. Gosh!! 235 minutes waiting for charging a phone. That's disaster for me
47. Xenaz (Posts: 144; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
When S2 ~ S5 have SDcard support and removable battery, Samsung Fanbxy bash all phone that doesn't have SDcard and removable battery is a disaster, but right after the S6....
And now they bash for Fast Charging?! Fanbxy are just so pathetic and blind regardless which brand they are following.....
10. Xenaz (Posts: 144; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Said the man who don't even know what is TFT.....
21. SuperNova (banned) (Posts: 649; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
Yet they are still sub par compared with other LCD from LG, HTC, Nokia :)
25. A.o.D (Posts: 14; Member since: 12 Mar 2015)
That's not a fact...its just your personal opinion. Maybe you haven't seen the display on z3
26. SuperNova (banned) (Posts: 649; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
All reviews from famous tech sites claimed that Sony display can't match that of LG, HTC... Face the truth, dude.
27. A.o.D (Posts: 14; Member since: 12 Mar 2015)
Which tech sites are you talking about? The ones which are paid? Or the ones which are run by some fanboys?
Displays are actually a matter of personal taste buddy. For example I like samsung amoleds the most and then I like the ips display of xperias with super vivid mode on
40. may_czos (Posts: 736; Member since: 22 Nov 2014)
Z3's screen is poorly calibrated, it's too cold (~10000K, white is blueish) and colors are off.
34. Awesoman64 (Posts: 292; Member since: 18 Mar 2015)
I want to know that website. Otherwise, they are just biased, like you biased fanboys.
43. A.o.D (Posts: 14; Member since: 12 Mar 2015)
lol... IPS is not TFT. Both IPS (in plane switching) and TFT are two different technologies used in LCDs
9. DonChoi (Posts: 32; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
I guess Sony Z4 has a fingerprint scanner integrated with power button on side border.
15. sasmax (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Just take my money and give me Z4
Waterproof makes all the difference
Screw those with protruding lens
28. Tricell1991 (Posts: 75; Member since: 25 Mar 2015)
@ SuperNova Some south korea people resist japan product becuz you are just prejudice what they did to you in WW2. I know how worst is it. but you should not to do this and don't think your country will superiority than japan industry and technology.
49. SuperNova (banned) (Posts: 649; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
You're just too biased toward Korea. And I'm here to speak out my opinion how Sony is doing, what's new in Z4... And you guys just perceived me that way. Yes, most Koreans don't like Japanese, the same for Japanese don't like Koreans. That's because Japan still denies their warcrime and never officially apology to us.There is nothing to be surprised here. But my talk always sticks to the topic, tech discussion.
53. marlowe10011 (Posts: 16; Member since: 23 Aug 2014)
I'm not on to any predilection; however, the way you present your argument is partisan to Samsung. Why, because you did not researched the IPS screen which is the present screen since xperia z2, but you jump directly to your conclusion of using the same TFT. Ipso facto, I can unequivocally sense your frustration to Sony because it is owned by a Japanese manufacturer company. Please be fair and make your argument equal to the both parties.
38. may_czos (Posts: 736; Member since: 22 Nov 2014)
Some leaks. Is that you Z4?
Image quality comparison:
46. ESilber (Posts: 49; Member since: 01 Feb 2015)
6 variants......they must include the one with QHD. and there is a micro SD slot, that's a good news
50. maestri (Posts: 24; Member since: 15 Dec 2014)
micro SD survives. That's great. But the size... If screen size goes down to 5.1, then the body size should get smaller too. btw, do you have any info regarding the Z4 compact which I'm waiting for??
51. ozbolt (Posts: 45; Member since: 26 Nov 2014)
looks like Z4is almost there. I hope we'll see Z4 Compact as well. I don't afford to buy 2 phones lol.