Poll results: Would you prefer an HTC One (M8) running Android, or Windows Phone 8.1?
Not long after we saw the first render showing the One (M8) for Windows, we ran a poll asking you to choose between it and the One (M8) that runs Android. The exact question was: which of the two HTC smartphones do you think is better? We’re not sure how this happened, but the Windows Phone version received 3,156 votes (54.98%), while the Android variant only got 2,584 votes (45.02%). So it looks like a lot of people really like the idea of a Microsoft-endorsed M8. Of course, this doesn’t necessarily mean that the Windows Phone variant will be more popular, sales-wise, than the Android model.
- Which of the two HTC smartphones do you think is better?
2584 votes (2584 votes) One (M8) with Android
3156 votes (3156 votes) One (M8) with Windows Phone
You can see the HTC One (M8) for Windows below, alongside an image that compares it to the Android-based version.
1. Busyboy (Posts: 407; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
The poll results are shocking to me. I thought Android was going to have an easy win. Never knew how many Window fans are on PA lol, anyways I doubt the Windows version will have more sales than the Android one.
2. GreekGeek (Posts: 844; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Those are mostly paid shills OR Microsoft employees
Quite shocking that MS have to resort to this kind of cheap trickery
5. Busyboy (Posts: 407; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
I doubt MS would really waste their time on a small phone website to vote for the Windows version. I'm sure they have more important things to with their time.
As for the results, people who like Android voted for Android, and people who like Windows voted for Windows. The rest voted against Android (Apple fan boys cough cough) which gave the lead to Windows.
7. AfterShock (Posts: 2949; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
True, but I wouldn't doubt a WP forum posting a sticky telling mbrs to vote in this poll.
It's been twerked obviously.
8. GreekGeek (Posts: 844; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Dude, where have you been?
Every forum on the interwebs where there are Windows-related stuff in the discussion, you have annoying SHILLS flooding them, I mean, the really obvious paid mercenaries lol.
MS is no stranger to these type of activities.
12. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I agree!!! iOS users do tend to have good taste, if that's the case.... Nice!
38. joey_sfb (Posts: 3214; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
You are right both iOS and Android user have better taste and being more objective.
iOS has exclusive apps and Android has every things else. What does WP8 has that is unique or must have to win an average Joe or Gal over?
9. juandante (Posts: 391; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
there is a lot of oddity everytime there is a ms pool.
microsoft, very sad from your part once more
21. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 683; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
But at least you live up to your alias...! :-D
66. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1471; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I knew this poll result would hurt Android fans like you. Haha, calm down it's not like the Android version will lose it's way to WP.
82. Eclectech (Posts: 81; Member since: 01 May 2013)
I have the HTC One M8, but I was waiting for them to release a worthy Windows phone. Now I am looking forward to jumping to the Windows M8.
3. itsjustJOH (Posts: 104; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
*bandwagoners. Most of them cheer for WP but won't buy one.
46. Mrmark (Posts: 162; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
Agree! I do too! But only thing holding me back is spring selection of windows phones.
60. Alex123 (Posts: 227; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
same here. I am using 925 but i voted for android since switching from android was big mistake I've ever made. Nokia was the case for me to use wp.
64. Glim12808 (Posts: 393; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Why is everybody shell-shocked about the result? Personally I'm never going to buy either of those two phones but I voted for the WP one because the phone looks better with WP in it than with Android.
67. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1471; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Because it hurt them a lot (the Android fans).
48. ihavenoname (Posts: 1518; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I'm pretty sure that somebody posted "vote for WP" or something at W(indows)P(ropaganda)Central or WMPowerloser.
50. sukampret (Posts: 20; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
that m8 with wp look terible. i think sony z series with wp will look stunning.
6. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Looks like the WP version is more interesting fair, and square... Anyone who disagrees with this poll, that's based on fact, is just being a sore looser... Looks like it's time for something new, and exciting!
10. Busyboy (Posts: 407; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Apple fanboys evidently voted against Android because there's no way there's more windows fans on PA over Android. No way
13. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
So, you're saying that ALL Android fans are so immature that they would vote for it just because it's Android?
15. AfterShock (Posts: 2949; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
You're implying the same for all WP users who voted.
25. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Lol!!!. I was wondering if someone would reply with that... Yes, you could say the same for WP fans, to be fair..
19. Busyboy (Posts: 407; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
If they like it, why not? Most people who use Android (excluding Apple users) love it.
45. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
What's up with this #43 dude down here? Is he seriously taking it to that extreme?Start posting links, and $hi#?... Lol!!!
52. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3616; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Well fandroids have no unity whatsover. Most of them are Oem fanboys, who bash samsung. There are very few true android fans here on PA (me, AfterShock, sniggly, PBXtech, joeysfb) to name a few.
43. joey_sfb (Posts: 3214; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Since you like facts i will give you one from wppoweruser. This information come from a pro Microsoft sites. They still publish it because its a fact that wp8 is crushing down. Down! Down!
11. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3696; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Microsoft is well known for their dirty tricks. For example, it got leaked that Microsoft had hired
1,000 ‘Viral Marketers’ to astroturf the Xbox One & PS4 launches. These people would post negative things about the PS4 and positive things about the Xbox One.
Just recently Microsoft even admitted to hiring bloggers to say good things about Internet Explorer.
So if there are posters who always say good things about Microsoft, it's most likely because they are getting paid by Microsoft. Through some sort of "reputation management" company intermediary of course.
And with votes like this, it's just laughable. Obviously Microsoft via one of their intermediaries spammed the vote.
14. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Wow!... The immaturity.. But, should I really be surprised?...
31. Busyboy (Posts: 407; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Rodneyej1 is just bum hurt that Microsoft would go through all the trouble just to be accused of cheating.
53. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3616; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Well you can't call that 0xffff guy and that greekgeek guy a fanboy. They are basically conspiracy theorists.
16. b4ckr3ad1ngth1ssh1t (Posts: 15; Member since: 21 Jan 2012)
i like android but i feel the m8 would better suite wp8 than android
20. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Could that be possible that you're actually making a mature statement?.... No, you must work for MS, don't you?...
27. Busyboy (Posts: 407; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
So if Windows software was on the S5 it would be immature to vote for it because you like Windows software? Makes sense lol
37. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Very easy to push your buttons.. Man, you're all over me!... Did you ummm read something I wrote that didn't sit well with you?.. Lol!!!!!!
42. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Oh well.. I don't know why we're arguing.. Like most PA polls it's really pointless anyways.......
28. AfterShock (Posts: 2949; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
It has Sense, which is such a blatant copy of WP as we're told by liveitup and others that it's actually better as android.
You can switch is looks at any time versus not so much.
But if you want to stick with just one look, WP has got you covered.
22. snowgator (Posts: 3288; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Fun win for WP. If I were to guess, it is the idea if a new phone based on a very well received phone with great looking hardware. WP is only hated by a handful of posters who as far as I can tell have their self worth rolled up with their phone. Most Android fans do not worry about WP and realize a healthy 3rd OS will continue to drive improvements to their OS. A successful, HTC WP would be a great motivation for Google and Apple to continue to kick things into a high gear.
34. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yep.. It's all just for fun,, for some of us... I think some of these guys are actually hurt over this.. Wow!
23. joey_sfb (Posts: 3214; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Its does not matter i follow real marketshare.
Android marketshare is still increasing over the rest.
26. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 683; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
Like a good sheep...
Never mind personal needs or quality; just follow the flock.
30. juandante (Posts: 391; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
for example you follow a thief because he doesnt act like the mass ? dont be fool.
if android and ios tops and wp flop it is for a good readon.
33. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Wow!.. That's exactly what I was thinking.. Seriously!
56. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3616; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Yeah because following the majority gives you better developer support i.e. Apps and games, more 3rd party accessories and a wider community. So yes, following the she€p flock in electronics is a good thing.
62. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 683; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
True with the accessories and games. Better developer support is highly theoretic; certainly OS support is no guarantee, seeing how fast Android devices end up obsolete. Wider community is also of questionable value; Greekgeek and others certainly demonstrate that there is no inherent value in numbers on this front.
I'll sacrifice obscure apps and accessories every day over functional and streamlined UI, build quality, camera capabilities and sunlight readability...
32. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I think this is seriously hilarious... WP is no threat to Android yet so many are acting like they have to defend Android...
Don't worry Android fans... Tomorrow everything will be back to normal.. WP with .5% market share, and Android with 300%... There, feel better????... Lol!!
Hey, I gotta have some fun every once in a while...
39. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I know, I know... I'm just joking around.. Android is better.. There I said it!.. Now calm TF down..
63. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 683; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
Well, the facts regarding this article Shows WP beating Android, and fandroids whipping out the conspiracy-card; guess facts are only applicable if they support your take on reality...?
71. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Good point!!!.... They show ONLY the facts that benefit them..