Parking a car with an iPhone is not science fiction anymore, Valeo shows off the technology
1. Mooooo posted on 14 Sep 2011, 09:35 3
How about an app that pays for the car every month on apple.
3. Trevor (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2011, 09:56 3
The headline makes it look like its an Apple iPhone thing, the developer can refractory the app to work on any phone that runs 3rd party apps.
7. iKingTrust (banned) posted on 14 Sep 2011, 10:45 4
HAHAHA. But dev's consistantly use Apple. Hmmmm. Food for thought.
8. whats (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2011, 11:01 3
Oh yeah? How come nasa isn't developing apps to use the iphone to control satellites in space? How come they are using android?
10. iKingTrust (banned) posted on 14 Sep 2011, 11:42 1
ummmm hello because Apple wont allow them too. Plus NASA likes moving wallpapers.
14. whats (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2011, 12:19 0
Lol. You have no idea what you are talking about do you? Apple has no control over what NASA chooses to do or not do with an iphone.
24. KillBill508 posted on 29 Jan 2012, 20:45 0
He does know what he is talking about. You're right, Apple has no control over NASA. But NASA isn't going to buy a bunch of devices and jailbreak the iOS to use in their day to day. Android allows 3rd party out of the box, thats why they are using it over Apple. If Apple devices already came out of the box with full user compatability (jailbroken aka 3rd party ready) then yes, I'm willing to guarantee they would choose iOS over Android. I own devices of both kinds and a Jailbroken iPhone puts Android to shame.
5. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 14 Sep 2011, 10:11 3
Actually, two genius guys in China invented a car system along witn an app for the Nokia C7 to drive a BMW literally, they were able to steer the car left and right with a virtual wheel and control the accelerator as well as the brakes with virtual gas and brake. It's a really cool video and it's on yoube.
12. iKingTrust (banned) posted on 14 Sep 2011, 12:10 1
lol. They have to hate to feel better about their ugly ass phones.
15. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 14 Sep 2011, 12:28 0
i'm not hating on apple, I'm just letting everybody know that two guys already did this even better, and that it is possible with any smart phone. By the way the app that the chinese guys made is written in QT which allowed them a lot more flexibility and tools.
11. ivanko34 posted on 14 Sep 2011, 11:54 2
It is now impossible to park a car without an iphone ? Soon we need to pay apple each time we park ? Is that already patented by apple ?
16. Drgonoid (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2011, 13:36 0
You cant be a James Bond by doing this ....so just sit n park it.!! :-/
17. 3D (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2011, 14:13 0
Why would I want to get out of the car, turn on my cell phone and look at the car park itself and exposed myself to danger.
18. Whateverman posted on 14 Sep 2011, 16:02 0
This doesn't seem to be a very practical application at all. If parking is tight and you squeeze your car between two cars, what do you do if you want to leave before those two cars leave? I guess this would be okay if it were just a coulpe bucks, but I wouldn't waste the money on this app.
19. itsmeluigi (unregistered) posted on 14 Sep 2011, 17:07 0
I can ride my bike with an android phone
20. jaytai0106 posted on 14 Sep 2011, 17:11 0
I rather park the car myself... it's not I don't trust the phone or anything... well I do 99.999999999% of time, but that 0.000000001% of time it will f**ked up...
21. gallitoking posted on 14 Sep 2011, 18:48 0
i will jump on board when my car can do what KITT did...
22. davidrusso (unregistered) posted on 15 Sep 2011, 05:26 0
Want to sell your iphone and get a new one? Visit Sell iPhones to sell your phones and iPods for cash! High Payout, Free shipping to send your phones, Quick Payments.
23. davidrusso (unregistered) posted on 15 Sep 2011, 08:53 0
Want to sell your iPhone / iPod for cash? Sell Your iPhone - They will buy your used iPhones for cash. High Payout, Free shipping to send your phones, Quick Payments.