Not Guilty: HTC, ZTE and Huawei did not infringe on camera patent says ITC
Last September, an administrative law judge made a preliminary finding that the HTC Vivid and the HTC DROID Incredible 4G LTE both infringed on one patent belonging to FlashPoint, while ZTE and Huawei were cleared. The ITC reviewed the prior ruling, and in a final decision the commission found that none of the companies had infringed on any FlashPoint patent.
Back in December 2011, HTC was also cleared by the ITC in another case involving alleged patent infringement of camera related patents. In that particular case, HTC's fellow defendants included RIM, LG and Nokia.
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Good news for the non-infringers. Not so good news for Apples proxy.
2. Ashoaib (Posts: 2506; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Give this patent to apple and then see, all companies will be found infringing...
9. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6815; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And who the hell is FLASH POINT? and these law suits are pointless yet again.
3. techperson211 (Posts: 738; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
If you look at it all of these companies are from china. Maybe it's a marketing strategy for Apple to gain market share from china. Hmmm.
4. Sniggly (Posts: 7208; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Well, there's some small justice after all.
6. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
The iTc has spoken, "sÛck it Apple!!"
And, go play with your Ultra Vegina and that amazing 389PPi!
8. ecuafer (Posts: 4; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Soon Apple will be claiming that only they can sell smartphones to humans. BTW Apple is becoming a nice Law Office.