Nokia's first true Android phone, the C1, leaks out in pretty renders
6. Topcat488 (Posts: 1396; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
You've made yourself unclear about "those bezels"... Which in my opinion are GREAT... THIS IS THE PHONE AND OPERATING SYSTEM,,, Nokia should have used from the START! Instead of going the Micro$oft way.
Hope you can make a GREAT COMEBACK NOKIA. O.o
30. Cheezwiz (Posts: 430; Member since: 29 Dec 2014)
party foul for the "$"
That said, I totally agree about the bezels. Looks great--alot like the much ballyhooed tablet that continually sold out in seconds.
41. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
i seen a apple law suit.
but not sure on how i feel about this phone
2. blackadamFTW (Posts: 22; Member since: 27 Aug 2015)
Bezels are beautiful but that's the tiniest camera I've ever seen haha
5. roldefol (Posts: 4242; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I think they lost all their PureView technology in the Microsoft sale. The camera humps on those new MS Lumias are, well, Nokia-like.
33. Guaire (Posts: 517; Member since: 15 Oct 2014)
6.7 inch if you take 3.5mm audio jack as reference.
20. Shubham412302 (Posts: 431; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
it seems like renders of 6" device rather than 5"
3. MahmoudHamsharii (Posts: 70; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
A perfect screen to body ratio, slim design.
21. carlemillward (unregistered)
I thought it was a Meizu article when I saw the thumbnail.
10. DoggyDangerous (Posts: 857; Member since: 28 Aug 2015)
I hope they will join Meizu and will not make phone on their own. Meizu is capable of delivering pretty damn specs in budget price. Nokia-Meizu will be a formidable force to reckon
16. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 903; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Would be better if they join with their former team from Jolla, and help them to develop Sailfish OS to become a serious competitor to Android.
35. Doakie (Posts: 2003; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Are you serious? You must be setting up for a joke. Nokia has already had too many failures on other Operating Systems.... Time to back the winning OS.
37. Niva. (Posts: 423; Member since: 05 Jan 2015)
Yeah, it makes me sad to agree with you. I do hope they stick to AOSP though.
7. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1413; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Let clueless company that manufactures phones but never designs anything design and engineer your phone, sell your logo and name and slap on it. TA TAA! New "nokia" phone in 2016.
12. Kruze (Posts: 1285; Member since: 30 Dec 2014)
I bet Martin Cooper won't say that.
And if the so called "clueless company" is the one who designed this, then they must have pretty good designers. But I do believe that Nokia has also joined in designing this beautiful phone.
17. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1413; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
You do realise old nokia talents are now working at microsoft. Nokia name means s**t without the people who made those amazing phones. I am pretty sure the telecommunication part of nokia never designed a phone when nokia mobile was there. So ye
26. JonHolstein (Posts: 43; Member since: 20 Aug 2015)
No, most people working at Nokia were fired even before the mobile devices department was sold off.
39. An.Awesome.Guy (Posts: 392; Member since: 12 Jan 2015)
And after it has been sold , a lot of them was fired by the new MS CEO.
( I am not sure if they were moved to USA and then get fired which make it even worse)
45. abc_xyz (Posts: 17; Member since: 22 Aug 2015)
You do realise that old nokia talent has been fired by Microsoft. Nokia name may means nothing to you but Nokia name still means a lot to general population of world. Moreover only few people know that Microosft acquired Nokia handset division, so these Nokia Android phones will most probably be a success.
46. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
95% of the talent Microsoft acquired from Nokia are now on unemployment, so your comment is DOA.
Nokia designed this and it will be built with partners in China with their supervision. NEWS FLASH...NO DIFFERENT THAN BEFORE! All companies do this...build everything in China. As a matter of fact, I hope Foxconn is in on this. The iPhone is good looking and we'll built. If it's Meizu, so be it then. No different than a Moto these days, Mr. Cooper...designed in Chicago, built in Beijing. The days of U.S. built Moto's and Euro built Nokia's have been long gone.
Move on, Coop. You're a fossil...
50. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
the only difference is that nokia has no power over the distributing of this design,, however if they design it well it shouldn't matter hopefully
and to martin_cooper majority of the nokia senior designers stayed at nokia and the rest were fired by Microsoft
8. RoboticEngi (Posts: 709; Member since: 03 Dec 2014)
Damn you Elop. This was the way Nokia should have been going in the first place...And damn it looks nice.
11. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 903; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
This is a phablet, just by looking the on-screen button arrangement.
13. Kruze (Posts: 1285; Member since: 30 Dec 2014)
Damn, I wonder when we will see a new flagship from them.
But anyways, all hail king Nokia!
14. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2111; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Must be an inaccurate render, all they did was reshape the N1 and reposition the camera and flash.
25. lyndon420 (Posts: 4369; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Nokia must be getting excited about making money again :-)
27. Spedez (Posts: 450; Member since: 29 Aug 2014)
Nice. I'll dump my HTC immediately when that thing comes to sale.
28. Stagueve (Posts: 55; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Sorry but fan-made... ;) twitter.com/Kimwaynec/status/638249198668791808
29. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 805; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Phonearena.. You idiot! This is a tablet... Check out the soft keys & how they are spaced..
40. An.Awesome.Guy (Posts: 392; Member since: 12 Jan 2015)
I didn't notice at first ,thanks for mentioning it.
31. Swordylove (Posts: 198; Member since: 27 Jun 2015)
Enough with earphone jack at the top! -.- And power button on top only works if the phone is small. We're now in oversized phones era. Otherwise, it's not bad... but probably a bit too thin for its own good.
32. Joosty (Posts: 129; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I think Nokia has a big enough fan base to be relevant in the Android market.
Good move by them. Oh and also in for one (:
34. HighOnAndroidFTW (Posts: 185; Member since: 26 Apr 2015)
PA, Please do your research before approving these articles. A very simple search would tell you that this is a fan created concept render released on Google+..
36. realjjj (Posts: 369; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
That's a freaking concept done by some random dude.
38. Plutonium239 (Posts: 1048; Member since: 17 Mar 2015)
Nokia is not going to make new phones, this is a fake.
42. KeyserSoze (Posts: 139; Member since: 06 Oct 2014)
That's fake, PA! Do your damn yob and report on real products instead of rumors and "leaks" from every no-name nobodies.
43. kent-gaga (Posts: 501; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
does anyone notice that the phone looks too thin?
it's more like a 8 inch tablet with
48. Avenger337 (Posts: 81; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
This render totally false, still a year to finally see the resurgence of Nokia models, alone and without the disadvantages of Windows Phone.
49. Plutonium239 (Posts: 1048; Member since: 17 Mar 2015)
There are no disadvantages of Windows Phone aside from not having over a 1000 different flashlight apps ridden with malware to choose from. Nokia will not be making any new phones, they aren't capable of doing so. They no longer have a cellphone division to design phones.
51. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
^don't be a buthurt fanboy the first step to improving something is admitting it's wrong
1st of all the 1000 flashlight apps argument is so wrong and old windowphone is full of spam apps that aren't of any real functions