Nokia walks us down memory lane, shows us 11 years of cameraphone innovation
Speaking of cameraphones, Nokia hasn't forgotten its roots, and takes us for a walk down memory lane, showcasing a decade of innovation. Whether it will light the fuse on nostalgia for you or not, we're really struck by the realization that in a decade, technology has progressed from 0.3-megapixels cameraphones to where we are today. If we have sparked your interested, we then invite you to the front seat – see the history of Nokia's cameraphones unravel before your very eyes in the gallery below.
Nokia walks us through a decade of cameraphone innovation
1. Nokia 7650 (2002)
2. Nokia N90 (2005)
3. Nokia N93 (2006)
4. Nokia N95 (2007)
5. Nokia N82 (2007)
6. Nokia N86 (2009)
7. Nokia N8 (2010)
8. Nokia 808 PureView
9. Nokia Lumia 920
10. Nokia Lumia 1020
source: Nokia Conversations
1. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
NOW THATS INNOVATION......... nokia ur the BEST ...... good luck
17. alterecho (Posts: 1085; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Yeah and lets not forget those amazing NSeries ads.
And Moby's theme song alone:
2. FeroDeNO (banned) (Posts: 34; Member since: 20 Jul 2013)
nokia u r best
but the recent comparisons of Lumia 1020 against Lumia 920,HTC one and iphone 5 are not up to 41 m.p pureview standards
35. alterecho (Posts: 1085; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Except maybe Nokia's own 808, since it still has the largest sensor ever on phone.
4. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5553; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No matter what, Nokia is still the king.
No matter what, Nokia is still innovative.
No matter what, Nokia is still everybody's favorite manufacturer.
Nokia, to me, you are still perfect.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8571; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Go in the kitchen, grab a cup, head over to the sink and fill it with water because you're thirsty as hell for thumbs up (again).
14. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5553; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I know right? I know you will say that.
Go in the bathroom, take off your trousers and underpants, and take a dump because you have a thumbs up allergy (as always).
(sigh) Idiot. Smh.
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8571; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Further proves why everyone treats you like a joke. Any other lame comments? Btw, nice post edit.
24. the_best (Posts: 136; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
If he wants some green thumbs, whats that got to do with you?
If you gotta hate, hate on haters, or go be a troll ;)
38. Dastrix (Posts: 596; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Best comment I've ever read. xperiaDROID, you rock!
29. Damo579 (Posts: 202; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I loved my Symbian phones!! N95 8gb,N86,and 5800
6. asingha94 (Posts: 288; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Father of all smartphone company....Nokia has earned it's respect by innovation...wish it could be at number one again !
7. muhsen (Posts: 259; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
hmm , in the n93 section...u forgot to mention that its the first phone to have optical zooming at 3x
and that was mentioned in the source article:/
also : " the N93 was the first Nokia smartphone to offer video capture"? do u mean the first nokia phone to shoot video or u meant sth else ? well if u meant the first nokia phone to shoot video.....well u r greatly mistaken because that title belongs to nokia 3650 and that phone is way older than the n93
8. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
The more I see of Nokia phones, the more they remind me of Google; throw it at the wall and see what sticks. Some of these look really odd and cumbersome.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8571; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Nokia N95 was almost my second phone and still to this day I regret not getting it. Definitely had the best camera of its time. :(
12. surethom (Posts: 282; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
The N82 still takes better night time photos with Much less blur than most camera phones today, that xenon flash helps a lot.
13. papss (unregistered)
I'm patiently waiting for my yellow 1020 to arrive so I can test this baby out. From what I've seen it kills the others by a mile in the camera. They are making me love them.
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8571; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Obviously you do since you posted a comment. :')
19. Deaconclgi (Posts: 286; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
The N93 was also Nokias first phone with OPTICAL ZOOM!
22. Muzhhur (Posts: 248; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
great mobile phones but lack in services, mi Lumia 920 go to waranty missing it now for 3 days in a row. As long as it takes Apple does not make you mad, they just give you another device inmideately.
So then I love mi lumia 920 but right now I do not have it just because Nokia in mexico is not fast enough
23. MistB (Posts: 573; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Proud to say I've owned 6 out of ten Nokias in that gallery, how I could ever have hated Nokia just a year ago is beyond me. They are the BEST at what they do, the only ones I haven't owned are the Pureview 808, N82, N8 and Lumia 1020. I'm really tempted to buy a used Nokia N8 in lime green, is it any good? I don't care that it runs Symbian!
30. Damo579 (Posts: 202; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Nice my firtst Nokia was the 6133 flip but my first Symbian was the N95 8gb,that phone made me fall in love with Nokia phones. I've had 7 nokia phones and I currently use a Lumia 920 in red with pride.
25. aco96 (Posts: 204; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Nokia 808 is very underrated. It is best camera phone on the market. It has larger sensor than Lumia 1020, it also captures more details with less noise. Lumia 1020 is amazing, but 808 is the king :)
31. Damo579 (Posts: 202; Member since: 18 May 2013)
At the moment you are correct but Nokia will improve the quality of the photos with firmware updates. The 1020 has better hardware except for the slightly smaller sensor.
28. SIGPRO (Posts: 462; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Yes and the 808 can capture 4k movies, that with a single core cpu.......eat that samsung, sony and apple
33. Mozarrt (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
CPU is unimportant, the 808 has a dedicated GPU for everything camera related.
34. iStabrak (banned) (Posts: 21; Member since: 26 Jul 2013)
My "GOD" that Eflop has killed the Nseries Nokia along with 8800series! Even killed all the platform that Nokia made themselfs! And now relying on a 10 year failing platform,,,, "Windows Mobile "aka" Windows-Phone.
36. Shatter (Posts: 2030; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Now if they would just make an android phone and ditch the cancer, I mean windows.
37. downphoenix (Posts: 2357; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
The 1020 is the reason I am pretty mad at Sprint and Nokia apparently having beef with each other, Sprint is the only major carrier they dont release phones for. Stop fighting and start getting that awesome phone on the sprint network, WP8 wont sell on it without Nokia.
40. rajirock (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
personalyy....i thnk nokia should go back with symbian platform base in a totaly new redefined os just as wat windows did it with 6.1 to 7
bcoz symbian models better superb battery life only from 800 mah battery