Nokia now teasing City Lens augmented reality for Windows Phone 8
Nokia hasn’t revealed much in the 16-second teaser but we do see a girl walking down a street, prompted that she’s near a shoes store with a great rating. Strangely, she decided to continue her walk and does not stop to visit it.
So far, we’ve seen plenty of attempts to bring augmented reality to the masses with apps on both iPhone and Android devices, but we’re yet to see an AR app that will be both unobtrusive and there when you need it.
For Windows Phone, the live tiles could be used so that users can see what’s new and noteworthy around them without the huge distraction of a pop-up. Stay tuned for tomorrow when we’ll learn all the details.
1. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Pointing a phone, around like if your recording ...might not be a good idea...might get beat up...lol but seems like good app
2. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
4. nokia_fan_172 (Posts: 11; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
i jus downloaded city lens on my lumia 800, works great actually
6. haseebzahid (Posts: 1842; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
where did u got it from market place of hacker phone ?
8. nokia_fan_172 (Posts: 11; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
marketplace, it jus showed up cuz it wasnt there yesterday :/
11. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
I have had the beta for a while now, all you do is register on "Nokia beta labs" and you can download their beta apps like counters which is great and i have no idea why its in beta.
9. Ueliton (Posts: 34; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Probably... spends the whole day talking to Siri... and thinks it´s a hell of a feature....
10. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 646; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Thats not fair.
You got me laughing like.....
12. danny_a2005 (Posts: 120; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
let me guess... us only?? or europe?? thats the problem with nokia... restrictions...
13. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Nokia, YOU ARE THE BEST AND THE BEAST!