Nokia X sells out in China in just 4 minutes
2. ihavenoname (Posts: 1562; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I don't think so. It's same way iPhone killa as Kia Picanto is Mercedes S-Class killa. (Not to say it's bad phone, but not in the same class).
5. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
apple iphone is not classed as merc s class nor a prestige but a fashion icon trend
16. sgodsell (Posts: 1670; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
How can anyone compare the Nokia X to an iPhone. The Nokia X only has a snapdragon 200 CPU, 512mb of ram, 3mp camera with no camera flash, no from facing camera, 800x480 LCD display, 4gb of storage. The Nokia is design to be cheap and get users to start using Microsoft's apps and services. All this while using Google's Android operating system. Nokia X is even using a older Android version 4.1.2.
So when you compare nokia x to a iPhone 5s, there is no comparison. For that matter when you compare Nokia X to any other Android there is still no comparison to any other Android device with Google's services and apps.
23. corporateJP (Posts: 2149; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Yeah, nobody should compare the Nokia X to the iPhone.
The X does at least 45 operations on par or better than the iPhone and it costs about $300 less base priced, all while running a crippled version of Android.
It's just not fair to the iPhone, because after all, it's an entry level/beginner's model from the get go with a joke price stuck to it...
6. Gaurav008 (Posts: 287; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Yeah. Nokia X was priced similarly to the Iphone 5S, so that they could compete against each other. Nokia X- the entry level Iphone killer. /S
14. akki20892 (Posts: 3736; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I guess that 1 million per order was true story.
3. Liveitup (Posts: 1730; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Its an Android phone only in name for everything else its mimics the Windows Phone experience, from it looks to the way it operates.
8. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1546; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
They won't dent Nokia's market share of Lumia devices.
19. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
LOL please insert more than one letters
7. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I'd rather get the good old Desire X than this.
10. sip1995 (Posts: 1109; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
geez go herehttp://www.phonearena.com/phon
11. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Warning, this may hurt, read on at your peril!!
I bet the Google Now launcher will be running on most of them in under a week.
Rooted and cleansed of needless bloat.
21. elitewolverine (Posts: 2581; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Like every android out there from every manufactuer gets rooted and cleansed of needless lagware? Yup i forsee this
25. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Yes, there a lot of lower-end/mid-range Android phones that do get this treatment. It doesn't take too much tweaking at all to get decent performance out of one. Also, since they're not as costly, there's less apprehension about making an error during the process.
15. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1235; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Hmm it seems to me that nokia should have kept in their 3 Nokia X phones the system files and everything that would allow Google services and it's google play store to be uploaded on their X phones. They could have easily stated you would loose your warranty is you got rid of the Nokia Android OS and apps but Nokia/Microsft would still allow google stuff on their X Phones if you do not remove the Nokia android OS and it's Apps. Most people in this scenario would keep the Nokia android OS and it's apps plus download and use Google store apps and services and still have their Nokia/Microsoft warranty in tack. When Microsoft takes over most of Nokia mobile assets in April 2014 Microsoft could order this done to the x phones operating system because whether Microsoft knows it or not they can sell a lot of X phones and get rich if Microsoft is a smart Corporation.Hey Money is good no matter where you get it from. Microsoft do not let your Pride kill the sales
18. hurrycanger (Posts: 1415; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
man, that thing combining with the Nokia Camera app would be so awesome.
(On an Android, of course. That combination is already there for WP8.)
20. noteseries (Posts: 80; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
still its low android junk phone, we need flagship nokia!
22. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1235; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
A flagship Nokia X Phone's destiny is in "Microsoft's" hands. I think Microsoft's New CEO Nadella is a smart man and will allow the production of an upgraded Nokia "XL" to be sold in the USA and the Richer Developed markets. Frankly I think the Nokia "X" and the Nokia "X+" would not sell well in the USA. I am not sure about how well the Nokia "X" and "X+" would sell in England, Spain , France, Sweden, Finland and ect.