Nokia Normandy leak points to an announcement date: March 25
4. akki20892 (Posts: 3775; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
yep that's it, wait and see..........Nokia Android is coming.......!!!
14. SandraB (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Why not realeese a real Android phone???????
44. SandraB (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
You cant even use Chromecast with wp.
21. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3575; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
If they do, then the reason is obvious..
If they don't, then the reason is obvious..
It will be, what it will be..
34. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
oh my god.....that was actually a non-fanboy comment from you...well done!!!!
45. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3575; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
If you actually read my comments, instead of being childish all the time, you would understand that most* of my comments are very reasonable. I'm not afraid to admit that I love WP, and the whole MS ecosystem, but some of you guys just can't handle, and respect that, so hell yes I'm gonna speak up when you don't give credit where credit is due.. I can❕ And, I always have. Have you ever thought that maybe it's your ego, fuelled by Androids popularity, that's keeping you from seeing that?
20. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3575; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Agree.. I have no idea at this point.. Well, I have three solid guesses, but... We'll just have to wait and see what this is about.. I do have to admit that it's kinda exciting though.. Hummmmmmmm❔❔❔
36. corporateJP (Posts: 2322; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Stephen heard this thing was coming after he went back to Microsoft, now he's sh*t his britches in the pool.
Get on it.
41. gutuebogdan (Posts: 29; Member since: 16 Oct 2013)
keep it this way and I'll change my mind about you (if that would count)
46. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3575; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Your viewpoint doesn't concern me.. Just respect peoples choices, and we'll be fine.
2. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1590; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Even if Nokia releases an Android phone, it will never be the Google version. Good move from them.
19. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
Yeah and it wont be Lumia either. Its a good experiment on Low end Android but competition will be heavy this year with the Chinese brands.
5. ihavenoname (Posts: 1581; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I'm seeing Jetpack Joyride, Plants and Zombies and Vine. Brings hope that it has Google Play support.
8. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Given that all of those apps are available in the Amazon Appstore as well, I'd suggest you not get your hopes up too much.
11. ihavenoname (Posts: 1581; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Oh yeah, almost forgot. Well Amazon app store would still be nicer than Nokia creating one from scratch.
49. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Oh, I'm not saying that this will offer the Amazon Appstore. I wouldn't put it past Nokia to try building its own Android app store. I'm just saying that the only thing that should ever lead you to assume Google Play Store is Google apps.
6. aranauser (Posts: 58; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Thank god.finally a lagfree droid.good job nokia
12. ihavenoname (Posts: 1581; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
You haven't tried Android devices since 2012 haven't you.
25. elitewolverine (Posts: 3150; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
I have, note 3 here, yes it lags a time, touchwiz off it is great. Not as laggy, but people with s3 and updates, good luck. I exchange them all day long. As well as the latest HTC One update, ugh that one gives me headaches all week at work.
30. ihavenoname (Posts: 1581; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Well, you might have Exynos version, my SD 800 version doesn't lag at all. No lag whatsoever.
32. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
My Nexus 5 is quicker in real use than my friends 5s....
15. SandraB (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
wp is more laggy and slower than Android nowadays
16. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
Haha that was a good one! Really good sarcasm there XD!
28. alpinejason (Posts: 262; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
yeah right i have a lumia 520 it does not have any lag whatsoever.however i have a galaxy 3 and 4 and they have lag slowdown whatever you want to call it.not to mention apps not responding asking me to wait or force close.i am not a fanboy but i will never spend another penny on anything that runs android no matter who makes the phone.i also have a iphone 4s and 5s
31. ihavenoname (Posts: 1581; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Wut? You hate Android and you call GSs slow and laggy. And still you have two of them. Sorry, I'm not believing you.
35. cdgoin (Posts: 383; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
I have forgotten what lag is as I NEVER see lag in my Nokia 925.. so try again Apple/Droid fanboy.
39. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Why would you see lags, when it still is a very light Os platform, still isn't a full matured Os yet. Wait till it is in 5years time, then you will see lags, lags here and there.
40. iguano (Posts: 101; Member since: 10 May 2012)
are you telling us that android didnt lag when it came out?? lol
42. SandraB (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
wp is very slow and laggy microsoft is trying to hide it and is why its so slow...
43. SandraB (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
wp is very slow and laggy microsoft is trying to hide it and is why its so slow...
47. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3575; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Lol❕.. Good one❕❕❕ WP devices I have ❔
Samsung Focus.. Never lagged.
Lumia 920... Lag not likely...
Lumia 1520... What exactly is lag❔
Good old SandraB.. Thanks for the laugh..
7. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Troll comment of the day goes to this guy ^^^ If you bothered to do a lil research on this phone it's supposed to be low end. Seriously stop the fanboy comments.
9. aayupanday (Posts: 549; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Maybe it'll be the same way as it was for the Nexus 5... Days of waiting and finally an announcement outta nowhere.
10. Apoorvtheman (Posts: 42; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Yayy!! Will buy it as soon as it releases!
13. Apoorvtheman (Posts: 42; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
No, I mean i would convince my parents to get me one because I already have Xperia s :-S
17. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
So basically Asha meets Modern UI. Cool *yawn*
22. mmmanuuu (Posts: 322; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
I believe we won' t be able to do any kind of customization in this nokia's android version which we can in other android phones. They dont support google services. That means no play store, no maps, no gmail etc etc. This might just have the name ANDROID as the os is a heavily "CHAINED" ANDROID. And people will run behind it like crazy thinking its just an another android phone and this time its from NOKIA. We are all gonna get fooled by Nokia.
23. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Haha.. Fist time I heard we can't customize Android. Who cares abt google's services. Only things I need from google is Gmail and Youtube.
26. elitewolverine (Posts: 3150; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Here maps for me in real life and testing has consistently outdone google maps nav service (just this last week actually).
gmail? meh there are plenty of alternatives that offer the exact same features of sending out an email.
Youtube can be had by 3rd party etc. Sorry i havent been in gservices for awhile and only have a gmail so i can use my note 3 with google play, but my other 2 phones from windows do not have gmail nor its services, and life goes on. My house hasnt burnt down, i have games, i have calanders, i have maps, music the list is endless of what I do have without gmail.
24. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1314; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Folks Microsoft has had a Linux team for some time now and was considering making their "OWN" Version of Linux. Linux is the core OS of Android. Microsoft would indeed
be smart to make a Version of Android that Uses all the Android apps available on the market yet is controlled by Microsoft. This would cut heavily into Googles dominance of Android. I Think Microsoft should not make the "Normandy" Unless it can flawlessly run all the Android Apps that are out there because I do not see many developers wanting to make new Apps for a MS/Nokia Android like OS that wont run their current Android Apps.
27. elitewolverine (Posts: 3150; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
They will run the apps, the question is how they will get the apps on the phone.
People seem to forget that google play is the same controlled not true 'free experience', just like ms store and itunes. And they want it that way, each year stripping away at it in terms of 'free'.
Windows makes money on every single droid sold, them making a droid like you stated with their MS kernels and other things, would be easy to do. Or at least available. More than likely this phone will never see US sand.
29. JEverettnow (Posts: 224; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Is it too much to ask for a high end Nokia running android without a launcher that looks more involved than touch whizz?!?! *Sigh*
33. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Nokia have don't the impossible, taken android and stripped away everything android from it....well done nokia.....well done (sarcasm)
37. cdgoin (Posts: 383; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
This could be a S40 phone with new GUI.. and NOT Android.. and those apps could be new ones coming to the S40. I.E. this is not a new Android phone, its the next Asha. Remember when up until the day of teh announcement everyone was sure a QWERTY WP was in the works.. and it turned out to be the ASHA ? There are 1.5 Billion S40 phones out there, and no one ever said Nokia was abandoning the Asha line of S40 phones..
50. MrMetallify (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
In my humble opinion, this is not going to be an Android device. Anybody remember Nokia Executives saying that "Android is like peeing in your own pants for warmth." ?
How can they still use Android after using such analogy ! I believe that this is a revamped ASHA device.
51. domfonusr (Posts: 384; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
This might have been a nice move a couple years ago. Most of my respect for Nokia died with Symbian. Just when Microsoft is about to eat Nokia for dinner... its just too little too late.