Nokia Lumia 920 is someone's crush, literally
The good news is that the phone still can make calls and still receives them, too. That's how the phone was found, by hearing it ringing though it was buried deep in the dirt. The owner of the phone, Ossi Pyykkönen, was so impressed by the ruggedness of the phone that he plans on buying a new one to replace the smashed model.
Actually, the Nokia Lumia 920's toughness should be no surprise to our loyal readers who have seen the device get tortured before and work as though nothing had happened.
source: Ilta-Sanomat (translated) via WPCentral
1. pookiewood (Posts: 589; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Cant Bust it...well the screen but still. :p
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
PA, you got a new way to check the ruggedness of a phone.
I have an idea, let's see how slim and light can the SIV get!
10. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Crushed to pieces.. Oh well, 920 here we go..
7. asingha94 (Posts: 288; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Haha!!the thing is what happend with the caterpillar or its tyre!!lol!just curious!
15. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
nokia can't just move on with the 3310 strength, even the snake got old and died by now.
19. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
or u both could be dead, thats a possibility.....btw L800 is not a nokia phone
21. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yes, it's not a Nokia phone.
It's called Samsung Lumia 800. Wait...that came out wrong! Hell it did!
Are you crazy? Anti-Nokia fan even denying Lumia is from Nokia! O_o
25. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
my bad who knows L800 when nobody knows whats lumai 800 or whatever its called.....let the sales speak for itself.
63. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Pow! Strike three...aaaaand you're out!
By the way, what is Lumai?
16. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
the last i remember i threw my 3310 into a recycling bin and nokia has planted a tree in return
43. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Nokia 3310: Son, You have done your father proud.
4. papss (unregistered)
That is pretty amazing.. I've dropped mine twice on concrete and banged the corners up, even slid on the screen but nothing happened. Pretty tough phone
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Here, throw it to me.
I'm continents away and i can't see you but who cares, throw it to me.
Even if i don't catch it, you still know it's safe. :D
6. asingha94 (Posts: 288; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Wtf!!i have seen same thing in youtube which was with a car but this is really something amazing...build quality at its ultimate level!!now what plastic to compare it with!!
8. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Even after the screen is crushed like that, it still looks better than the samslug pussaxy Ass4
9. asingha94 (Posts: 288; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Nicely said!!but if it would be an ass4 it will look like sh.....t!!
22. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
even after getting crushed by a 24 ton caterpillar its still thicker than the s4.. phahahah
28. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Why so much hatred? Butthurt much? =]
46. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
We no you're beloved company is tumbling on a sinking ship, no need to be aggressive, stay calm, don't be paranoid or be underpressure™
55. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Strange, how somebody that claims to hate WP8 so much spends ALL of their time trying to infiltrate message threads that deal with WP8 related issues. Troll, I certainly hope that Sammy or Google are paying you for your time and efforts, or else you really are just a fool ;o)
12. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
when will nokia stop making bricks and start making smartphones...
18. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
The day you realise bricks don't have screens, volume rocker, camera button, sim slot, speaker, camera and oh, oh...it can make calls, SURPRISE!!
23. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
nokia made me realize even bricks do have screen , volume rocker, camera button, sim slot, speaker, camera and oh , oh...it can make calls, SURPRISE!! but still it remains a bulky brick.
33. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Pump some iron, wimp - and then it won't seem so heavy ;o)
42. Archan_Pe (Posts: 74; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
I would honestly rather have a "brick phone" with amazing build quality than a slim phone that with one drop could possibly break.
31. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
when will samsung stop making plastic toy and start making premium smartphone with good bulid quality without copying/using/adopt other company ideas or innovation
13. zippolite28 (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
Let me not compare to other phones ...... but 920 is like a rock in hand .... I have seen my friend phone its glass is crashed same way but still touch works...
14. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Nokia = premium smartphone with high quality plastic (polycarbonate) body
Samsung = plastic toy with premium feature
27. proudofmygalaxys2 (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
I want a Samsukia Lumixy SL92-4 right now. what are these companies waiting for?!?!
34. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
The Lumia 920 is not for pencil necked geeks - and you have to be able to hold more than feather without tiring quickly. If the weight of two king sized candy bars is more than you can bear, this device is not for you. However, I would strongly advise you to visit the gym...
59. jsdechavez (Posts: 706; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Agree.. It seems some of us have evolved to some lower life form with weak limbs.
44. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 968; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Did the truck driver survive is he ok ?
45. FirstoneVorlon (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
I am still amazed with the bunch of morons out there saying the Lumia 920 is heavy...... It's solid, it's well built, it's built to last, it's not a toy!!!! Almost everybody I know have to buy a case for their mad robot or rotten apple toys, making them bulky and heavy. The difference between the Lumia 920 and most of the phones out there is around 60 grams. What the hell, if you can't hold 60 grams more in your hand you should go see a doctor, you probably have some muscular dystrophy or you should stop watching TV or any other useless thing you're doing with your free time and hit a gym. It will do wonders to you as a whole, instead of leaving you be an asshole by making these stupid comments.
47. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Its a fisherprice phone from ToysRus™
At 180Grms thats more stated as prestige weight, with stainless steel with titanium and Sapphire glass, just like Rolex Breitling watches™ not frickin plastic®
54. Sterijoana (Posts: 32; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
To me 920 never felt even close to as heavy as what haters claim.
56. Shubham412302 (Posts: 298; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
phones gorilla glass brakes but not the phone.
58. Xolar (Posts: 57; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
amazing! let's see if other phones can do that!
60. taikucing (unregistered)
LOL I remember when I had nokia phones. It falls many times but still works
62. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 213; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
I wish Nokia would make Android phones too. I really love Nokia phones, but also love android.
64. szeifryl (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Its the toughness being shown here, and that's lumia 920. People do not write NONSENSE and UNRELATED comments.
65. AeroPrime (Posts: 154; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
That's really amazing for that kind of result. LOL! Nice!
66. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 72; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
My Lumia 800 fell out of my pocket and went crashing onto the road when I was doing a 300 km ride at around some 110k's. I went back and picked up my phone. I thought it was the end of life for the poor fella. But luckily, it survived. The glass infront of the display cracked though. But hey, it's after all a glass. I didn't expect anything more from it. But the happiest part was, the phone was completely functional even after such a brutal treatment.. These Lumias have one heck of a build quality!
69. FirstoneVorlon (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
I just had a flight today between 2 major cities here in Brazil and I took notice of every cell phone people had. As usual, it is amazing when everyone enters a plane cell phones pop up all over the place.
I did not see a single rotten apple or mad robot phone without a case, some cases where huge, while others where smaller, but for sure the lighter cases would put the phones close to the weight of the Lumia 920 NAKED, whereas the heavier ones, well.......... over 200 grams easily. I would like the hypocrites criticizing the Lumia 920, to weight their phones with their respective cases (yes, because I am 100% sure they do have cases to protect their sensitive toy "phones") and then report the weight here. Just do that and we'll see what the numbers will tell..........