Nexus 5 render surfaces, teased by case-maker Spigen
You get to see the large camera with single LED flash, the 3.5mm headset jack on top, the volume rocker. All things we have seen before, and by now you should probably know everything about the Nexus 5 - its service manual has leaked out showing it’s got an 8-megapixel camera supporting optical image stabilization. The handset is also expected to feature the latest Snapdragon 800 chip with 2GB of RAM and Adreno 330 graphics, pretty much top shelf specs right now.
Its key feature, though, should be its low price. Google is expected to start selling the Nexus 5 at $300 off contract, a price that’s half that of flagships like the iPhone 5s or Galaxy Note 3, selling for over $650. “Where will you be when the revolution begins?”, Spigen tweeted along with the image. If true, maintaining that low price would indeed be a small revolution, don’t you think?
1. ocilfa (Posts: 333; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Where will I be? Spamming the "Buy now" button on Google Play when this is released, that's where!
12. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
can you order one for me? I will pay you + little bonus for taking the risk
2. Shatter (Posts: 1989; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Nexus 5 32GB + T-Mobile $70 plan is the way to go.
22. tyger11 (Posts: 64; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Or their Internet-only $30/5GB/mo plan like I have.
I don't know if they still offer the plan or not, but people keep freaking out when I tell them about it. 100 voice minutes is still way more than I need. Who uses phones to make phonecalls? :)
3. shahrooz (Posts: 113; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
the good price makes me forget about the sd card slot, I'm buying this!
4. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 108; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
If this comes to my Country(Philippines) the price will become double >.
13. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
the only question is how long will it take for it to be released in the Phil.
6. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 927; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
hope the camera is better the nexus 4 would like to see sample pics of this.
17. underbc (Posts: 22; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
probably better than the Nexus 4 .. But I'm pretty sure that they won't make some really awesome camera because that may interfere in some partner sells .. like Galaxy S4, LG G2, HTC One, Sony Z1 ..
Just thinking ..
7. steedsofwar (Posts: 258; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
With USB OTG support returning, it would be a compromise good enough to justify the price tag. I can't wait, even though I'm broke!
9. saenaedewe (Posts: 61; Member since: 01 May 2013)
Google please release it globally at the same time...
10. silver (Posts: 19; Member since: 02 Aug 2012)
when it will be release I want it come on google
14. chrislars (Posts: 77; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
Question: Does anyone know if this phone will work well with MetroPCS since they have merged with T-Mobile?
15. underbc (Posts: 22; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
I saw some pictures leaked from the Nexus 5 and I didn't like the texture that it seems to be .. something rubbered.
I don't know how the touch feels, but the nexus back pictures leaked are ugly.. IMHO
18. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 629; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
With Usb OTG on this device, I can accept it without expandable memory..
19. shreehari (Posts: 45; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
were ready let nexus make note3 a piece of waste cuboid
21. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
It already makes note3 rubbish even before it is released, mainly because the software is clean and DAT UPDATE SUPPORT!
20. Deaconclgi (Posts: 229; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I don't see a large camera. I see a large design piece around the camera lens though.
23. EgyDroid (Posts: 104; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Does anybody notice the "Nexus 5" on the screen behind!?
That's means it's "Nexus 5" not "Nexus 4 (2013)"
25. mstar (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
If it has sd slot this time around, I'm sold!!!