New info on how the iPad 5 will make the requisite "thinner and lighter" goal
3. MobileJunkieJr (Posts: 46; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
It's not just the frame that holds the diplay, it's pretty much the OS too that needs an overhaul.
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Yeah, but the OS doesn't define the physical dimensions.
8. MobileJunkieJr (Posts: 46; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
True... But what i'm trying to say is, you know, if Apple wants to change something, iOS is something worth looking into.
For me, the iPad looks pretty good...it's simple and appealing.
34. quakan (Posts: 1374; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
It's already being looked into and worked on.
46. MobileJunkieJr (Posts: 46; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Are the red thumbs i got because i said the iPad looks pretty??
You people are amazing. Like you are getting paid for clicking it down. Sigh*
52. itreday (Posts: 68; Member since: 24 May 2012)
This site is filled with biased android users. That's why I barely comment or visit the site anymore. Although I have noticed recently that it's getting more unbiased comments then before.
16. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
well it does define the limits at least...
47. sharks (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
I would have loved to keep my Lumia but Windows OS sucks!! REALLY, there is no variety and quality apps/games like on Android/iOS. I lost money when reselling it but my next buy is definitely going to be something worthwhile, like the HTC One or iPhone 5S/6.
50. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
IPad 5, now for weaklings. XD just trollin
36. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Xperia tablet is the thinnest tablet on the market right now
12. MobileJunkieJr (Posts: 46; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Yes, it's been moderated.
It was Akki...posting some unrelated link to a picture. I replied and hence, 1 & 2 vanished.
9. PAUser (banned) (Posts: 7; Member since: 13 Apr 2013)
ios is very dead€¢°
android is best very fast no lags like ipad 1000000000 apps and game£¤©
very cheap android best not money like apple€°¥¢€¤°€£©
13. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
There are many valid critiques for iOS products but lag is not one of them...
15. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Funny, because the iPad is the smoothest tablet out there, and it has more than 300000 of optimised apps, while Android tablets have verry few tablet apps, just check Tablified Market to see how poor Android's tabet apps ecosystem is . Honestly i don't care about iPhones anymore (Getting the HTC One) but the iPad is still the king of tablets, because it's more than a bigger phone without phone functionnality.
48. TheMaxColonel (Posts: 48; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Ipad is not king of tablets, Nexus 10 is.
49. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Sorry but the Nexus 10 isn't what i would call a tablet, due to the lack of tablet apps on Android, when the apps will come, the Nexus 10 will beat the iPad but right now it doesn't.
And there is no excuse for the Nexus 10 to lack tablet optimised apps, Android tablets have been there since january 2011 for 2 years with the XOOM and android 3.0, yet is still lacks when it comes to tablet optimisation, in 2 years with the iPad 3, there was already 200000 apps on the iPad, and now there is more than 300000 of them. If you check the Tablified market on an android tablet, witch displays only tablet optimised apps, you'll find how much the selection is lacking.
Besides the Nexus 10 isn't that good in the hardware side, Only 32GB of storage for a device with such a beautiful device is a shame, and the lack of LTE is a big letdown for a device that is supposed to be mobile, also the screen is great,but there is nothing made for it, Android apps aren't designed for 10" screens to begin with, and they aren't made for 2560*1600 displays. The iPad has a big selection of Retina optimised apps.
14. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
It can't get any smaller than it already is. Plus it still will look the same anyway with its boring ios.
21. biophone (Posts: 1963; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
iOS is an app launcher. Sure the opperating system isn't exciting but that is not how most people use their phone. Most people like to be in apps. Who sits there and looks at the home screen anyway. The os is a great example of a simple way for people to get into the content they are interested in. Plus the content in iOS is amazing.
51. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 168; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
They will make the back panel more convexed and the edge sharper to fool apple people into thinking that it did get thinner like they did with the all in one desktop mac.
17. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Yes...go after 'thinner and lighter,' cause that's exactly what everyone b*tches about, right? The last time I checked, people wants features and better UI's.
18. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2705; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Yes, because the hardware side of the company should just stop working because the software side is slacking. That makes a ton of sense.
23. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
What doesn't make sense is how they maintain the same OS and UI--yet make consistent, slight hardware changes and continue to overcharge. It's why Apple fails.
They need to do better than 'thinner and lighter.'
28. biophone (Posts: 1963; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Way to completely avoid what michael said and just post the same thing twice.
Michael never said they don't need to update the os. Michael never said they don't make slight changes. Michael never said they don't ovecharge. Michael never said they don't need to do better.
Michael simply posted how idiotic your comment was. Updating the os and making a device slimmer isn't related. BTW people like slim and light phones...