Motorola reveals 10 finalists of its Moto 360 Watch Face Design Contest
The 10 final designs “may be used by Motorola at its sole discretion as a watch face for the Moto 360” - so we might see it on the commercial version of the smartwatch. All the designs are included in the slideshow below (and, of course, you can let us know which one you like best).
The Moto 360 might cost $249 when it launches later this year. Before that, LG’s G Watch will most probably become the world’s first Android Wear device, as it’s supposed to be released in early July.
source: Motorola (Google+)
1. Takeharu (Posts: 59; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Out of these I would go for 7.
That one is just too sleek!
26. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2606; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Mine is 3 & 6, so cool & awesome.
3. fzacek (Posts: 1627; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I really like 3 but 4 is also pretty good. They are easy to read and show a lot of things, especially 3...
28. sniperdroid (Posts: 119; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Same here. I don't need an overly complicated clock face.
5. Angst (Posts: 7; Member since: 29 Apr 2014)
I only see 3 as the one that is not too busy but yet still useful.
The others seem to either get caught up in uni-functionality or such a flashy display that it's easy to miss what is being displayed without giving it thought at what you're seeing.
6. fzacek (Posts: 1627; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
There should be a number 6 on the bottom of 4's clock face. Also, what will happen when the hands on 4's clock face get down to the icons? Will it look messy and will the hands go in front or behind the icons? Let's hope they figure something out to make it look good...
7. Lt.Green (Posts: 371; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
They all look great, hard to decide which is best.
8. tyger11 (Posts: 69; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Shut up and take my money!
I haven't bothered to wear a watch ever since I started carrying a cellphone - but for THIS, yeah, I'll start wearing a watch again.
11. AfterShock (Posts: 2799; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
3,4 or 5 for me.
If it's software, why not all of them?
12. Gadgety (Posts: 82; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Just release a kit for consumers to make their own.
13. fzacek (Posts: 1627; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Why can't they let the consumer choose the one they like? Can't they have multiple clock faces loaded onto the watch so that each person can choose their own?
15. Troysyx (Posts: 139; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Great job to all the finalists, they look great!!
16. Brewski (Posts: 119; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
Yes, yes, yes, yes please! I want one of these.
17. mistertimi (Posts: 76; Member since: 28 May 2014)
3 or 10. The rest might as well be any old watch face
23. o7o (Posts: 58; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
1,3,5,7 and 10 are all beautiful .. but 5 and 1 are my favorites..
24. gtrxman (Posts: 106; Member since: 10 Sep 2011)
I SO want this watch. Total Geekdom, but the Moto design is just so right. You could spend a few hundred on a decent watch, or you could spend a few hundred on this and it does so much more.
25. NexusX (Posts: 114; Member since: 16 May 2013)
where's casio? are they gonna sit around and let these phone makers take over the watch market? they've been making semi-smart watches for decades
27. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2962; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
None of these designs really seems all that great. Interesting, different, yes. Something nice to use every day? Not so much.
I concur with those who have already requested the ability to make your own watch... that is really the ticket that would get me to buy one of these. Not because I care about a smartwatch. But because I get to design my own watch.
29. AJtheAndroid (Posts: 26; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Sorry this may sound noobish, but I haven't heard an explanation for the why the bottom of the display isn't a full circle?
30. Yaldabaoth (Posts: 31; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
#3, but what resolution would it need to look good?
31. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 133; Member since: 27 May 2014)
#3 is the best one can't wait to see it in person
33. maxmppower (Posts: 48; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
#3 is exactly how a smartwatch should look.