Motorola Moto E leaks out: slim, compact, affordable
The Moto E has surfaced in Mexico where it will be priced at around $230 off-contract (between 2999 pesos), almost the same price as the Moto G. Why Mexico you may wonder? Simple, the Latin American market has been the prime target for such a class of affordable devices, and Mexico and Brazil were some of the biggest launchpads for the Moto G.
What about the specs of the Moto E? We are looking at a very close copy of the Mogo G:
The most notable feature of the Moto E is how thin it is - measuring just 6mm (0.236"). This along with the possible 4.3-inch display, would make for a truly compact, razor thin smartphone, in the best traditions of Motorola. The Moto E release date is allegedly set for sometime during the next few weeks, so stay tuned for more details.
Earlier, specs for the Moto XT1021 leaked out, possibly another name for the Moto E
source: Xataka Mexico (translated)
1. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2042; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I might get this one cuz of its price and thinness. :D
3. draconic1991 (Posts: 151; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I just would have hoped it if they called it moto r as in for razor...would bring back memories...
4. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Should have given quad core processor...
6. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 459; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Ye but its still good, moto use almost vanilla android and dont need much processing power, plus 4.4 is so great and low demanding. Should be a great phone for Brazil/Mexico where its flooded with crappy phones from sony, samsung etc
23. sgodsell (Posts: 1287; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I can't believe that for a $100 its going to have a 1280x720 display and a micro SD card. If this phone has all these features for $100. Then it will sell like hot cakes.
37. sgodsell (Posts: 1287; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I just looked again and this Moto E phone has TV out as well. If its a $100. I am sold. I will take 4 please, and thank you.
5. AfterShock (Posts: 2812; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
You just contradicted your yourself again.
You claimed to hate android in WP thread about Cortana, but you're going to buy this.
9. Sauce (unregistered)
Are you a NokiaFTW Fanboy now?
13. Sauce (unregistered)
Aftershock is your fanboy is what I mean.
15. Sauce (unregistered)
You best be. Not a lot of people like you.
27. AfterShock (Posts: 2812; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Indeed, I've tried to be nice an deal fair with him but that is above his actions an not warranted anymore.
10. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2042; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The only things that attracts me to this phone are the price and its 6mm thinness, not a the OS. Just clarifying myself.
21. shuaibhere (Posts: 1526; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Yeah...that guy claims he hates android....and still buys android phone....
He is pure hater and troll....
Comments like lagdroid, pathetic OS...all this make him a troll...and he calls others a troll...
Looks like a second version of chatiorizer....
2. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3418; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Mogo G lol. Enjoying Moto G a lot.
8. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 459; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
It makes my expensive flagship G2 feel shamed how great moto G is and it performs the same. Just mediocre camera but its expected from its price range.
18. Vanster (Posts: 124; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
now you realize, that you didnt need more horse power to run android,
17. emadshiny (Posts: 1135; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
1010 comments in 2 months.
I have nothing to say!
29. Doakie (Posts: 1267; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Seriously.... Look at my stats. (Posts: 856; Member since: 06 May 2009) Almost 5 years of posts and I'm still behind that guy. Shameful.
36. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3418; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Most comments dedicated to android haters and wp fanboys......
7. Anshulonweb (Posts: 319; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
moto g is priced 200$....... and I think this should be priced around 150$-180$ because it has dual-core processor and 4gb internal memory(will probably have micro SD card slot) and shorter screen.....
19. express77 (unregistered)
4 GB. Not you too moto. I know its entry level but its also 2014.
28. Doakie (Posts: 1267; Member since: 06 May 2009)
No kidding. The cheapest phones out there like the T-Mobile $49.99 Alcatel One Touch Evolve actually run fine until you max out the 4 GB internal storage then they simply stop running smoothly. The kicker is that if you update all the stock Google apps that come with these phones it fills up that 4 GB instantly. I can't believe manufacturers still release phones with such a crippling stat like that.
20. bob_monkeywarts (Posts: 143; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
the battery life on this thing sucks. It has a 1.900 mAh battery. That would last about two minutes of normal usage.
22. shuaibhere (Posts: 1526; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Ever used moto g????
Out has 2070mAh....and outlast any midrangers....it's on par with 2013 flagships in battery life....
With this having a more efficient processor....1900mAh will do..
30. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
Yes duel core processor and 4.3 screen will last you a full day in single charge my s2 has 1.6a battery and it last me full day and more on single charge
24. fatedcircle14 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Mar 2014)
id rather see an international version of moto-x
26. Planterz (Posts: 886; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
6.2mm is less than a quarter inch thin. That's incredible. I kinda want to pick up a Moto G for hacking/tinkering, but it's bulkier than I like (I'd prefer a used Galaxy Nexus), but this would be much better. No LTE again though, I'm guessing...
31. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
What do you expect frim a mid range phone 3g still good beside slimmer phones means more slippery and thickness means more durable look at the 920 for instance
32. iphoneman37 (Posts: 18; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
It would be nice to see motorola come out with the driod 5 .
33. mobilon (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Apr 2014)
The real source of Xataka's "exclusive"- tecnoblog.net/155015/motorola-smartphone-basico-maio-2014/
34. Amir1 (Posts: 267; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
i don't understand something - will it have front facing camera or not?
35. MobileGuru (Posts: 80; Member since: 18 Jan 2014)
No LTE if not i'll be the perfect budget phone.