- 6.44 inch 1920x1080 IPS screen (JDI) + OptiContrast and MBE-2
- 3 GB RAM
- MSM8974 krait 800 2.3 ghz
- Adreno 330
- 32GB Internal Memory
- 13 mp Exmor RS camera
- 2 mp Full HD Exmor R front facing camera
- 3500mAh battery
- 4G LTE
- IR blaster
More sources confirm a 6.44" Sony Xperia L4 'Togari' phablet, Full HD screen and pencil in tow
4. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
yeah since we know exactly what the note 3 has in it..
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah, it can't destroy the Note 3, but it is still the son of a BEAST!
Good luck Sony!
10. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Can't destroy, but can be a very good competitor!
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
But we don't no if it will have the S800 or Exynos5420 A15, not E5410 CPU. If it does come with E5420 A15 at 2.0Ghz, then it dosen't stand a chance! Scores would reach 36000+
19. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I agree, and I do believe that Sony will put S800 or Exynos5420 A15 on it, since it is a competitor to the Note 3.
30. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah, it can't even fit in my pocket.
35. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
and where are those fanboys who says Samsung takes the lead in manufacturing largest handset?
7. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
This will be better than Note 3 but Note 3 will sell more. Samsung is the new Apple, they sell even when they arent the best phone in market.
13. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
How exactly will this be better than the Note3?
6.44".. that is pushing it sizewise. my note 2 is perfect size for me. Note 3's increased size is a worry.. and now this Sony phone will be yet bigger. I'm not seeing the Sony as pocketable!
16. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 773; Member since: 11 May 2013)
As what ajac09 said, the devices arent still official so we cannot come into a solid conclusion as to what device will stand out in being smart..
I own a note2 and will basically upgrade to note3 if the size will not change drastically.. i will not be comfortable with this togari because 6.44 is so big..
Togari will only destroy n3 if it has :
Cybershot or better camera than note3(rumored to have OIS plus the topnotch camera quality of galaxy devices or 3x optical zoom)
Better features/ smarter features
28. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
ok yes i agree the size is not comfortable with anyone. no one likes phone bigger than 5 inch let alone 6 inch, note 2 got lucky and didnt let people think that phone is too big by making phone taller rather than wider.
and im sure the leaks of specs come soon and as we know samsung will try to upone the note 2 but will not bring any new idea which is why i dont think note 3 will be any better. at least sony u can trust them for throwing a wild card (like xperia z), for good or worst.
15. Suo.Eno (Posts: 480; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
Highly dependent on the starting RRP, which isn't Sony's traditional decision making strength when it comes to their own flagships. Of course if said specs are real then it shouldn't be that hard to finalize competitively.
25. Topcat488 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Specs looks pretty darn good... But if it doesn't have Multi-Windows, Airview, and the many designated Apps, that goes along with the stylus... Samsung is still kicking, Note 3 wins again.
34. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
I am going to buy a truck to carry this phone.
2. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
If specs are true sign me up.. if not note 3 for me
3. jsdechavez (Posts: 727; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Now, Sony, please don't mess the screen up!!
5. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 773; Member since: 11 May 2013)
No cybershot for this?
This is so big, Sony pls dont use sharp edges design for this
8. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Deffinitely needs to sport a stellar display tech in order for it to compete with the GNote3 especially with all the hype that surounds it. . .
11. rahulz (Posts: 117; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Pencil??? May be it can detect top of pencil
either way it looks cool
14. sonisoe (Posts: 405; Member since: 06 May 2009)
thisd better come with a 4000mah battery... sonys android handsets are infamous for poor battery
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
OMG Specs to die for, but S800 why...? It's still not an A15 SOC CPU!
When will Snapdragon enter the A15 ARM CPUs....?
21. yowanvista (Posts: 340; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Qualcomm's cores actually have a lot in common with ARM's Cortex-A designs. However they licensed it and make their own core designs for their high end SoCs. e.g Krait 300/400
20. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1031; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
WOW! im surprised that anyone would dare go above a 6in phone or higher in this market. I'd have to see the real thing in order to make a good opinion on it.
23. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
OH SNAP look at that beautiful battery life. This will KILL the NOTE III. And be my next upgrade from my Xperia GO. And with a larger screen.
24. Atlas (Posts: 158; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
I guess it makes sense, I mean Sony hasn't released a 7" tablet yet and this 6.5" will cover that part of the market for Sony, two birds with one stone.
26. _PHug_ (Posts: 443; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Has the potential to pull me away from the Note 3, but I am skeptical.
27. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I wonder if Samsung's rumoured Galaxy S4 Mega was supposed to be the main phablet as opposed to the Note 3 which they seem to be rushing to market too early, seeing as competitors are now trying to steal the limelight from the Note 3, all started with LG's first failed attempt then with the successful Optimus G Pro/Nokia with a 6 inch Phablet/Huawei Ascend Mate and now a rumoured 6.5 inch Ascend mate 2 and HTC T6. As Samsung can't rest easy this year as opposed to last year with the note 2 which literally had no competitors in it's class, wonder whether we see Sammy push the envelope with a model that sits above the Note.
32. Phaze0085 (Posts: 112; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
This phone will most likely be the winner for me. Im really looking forward to this handset. I just hope its looks as good as it sounds on paper.
36. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3713; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Wow mind blowing specs, but pls don't use TFT displays.
37. TareX (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
32GB is nice, but since this is an all-in-one convergence device, it's definitely gonna need a microSD slot.