Minor update fixes signal problem on GSM variant of the Samsung GALAXY Nexus
The update should be rolled out over the next few weeks. If you don't want to wait around for the OTA notification, you can attempt to update manually your GALAXY Nexus as long as it is of the "yakju" variety. Let us know what changes you've spotted after the update.
- You need a GSM Galaxy Nexus with the product codename 'yakju'. NOT the Verizon Galaxy Nexus, or 'yakjuxw', or 'yakjusc' or any of the other variants we've heard about. Check your product name before you begin using this app.
- You need to be running stock Android 4.0.2 (ICL53F) rather than any custom ROM.
- You need the Android SDK installed. Note the path.
- You need fastboot. (Windows or Mac)
- You need to unlock your bootloader. If you haven't done that (and you really should), here's how. (Note that if you haven't already completed this step, unlocking your bootloader will wipe all data on your phone.)
- Download the Android 4.0.2 to 4.0.4 update from Google here.
- Download the latest ClockWorkmod recovery image from here.
Now, the instructions:
- Copy the OTA package above to the /sdcard folder on your Galaxy Nexus
- Drop the ClockworkMod file in the same folder you have fastboot in on your computer in the SDK folder (either /tools or /platform-tools). Rename it to cwm.img to make things easy.
- Reboot your Galaxy Nexus to bootloader mode (hold volume-up and volume-down, then press power).
- Plug your phone into your computer, and open a command prompt or terminal. Navigate to the folder with fastboot and the cwm.img inside it.
- At the command line, type the following: fastboot-windows.exe boot cwm.img (or just fastboot.exe if that's what you've got)
- Use the ClockWorkMod recovery menu to flash a zip file from the SD card, and choose the OTA zip file you downloaded earlier.
- Let things run their course.
1. CommentBoxEnforcer posted on 22 Apr 2012, 20:43 0 0
Do anbody know how to send video messages (mms) from the galaxy nexus? I already tried putting it on the lowest res(480p) and making the video only 1 sec long..still say its too big
2. greenrolaids posted on 22 Apr 2012, 20:57 0 2
wow people still us mms...
Unfortunatly the size limitation is set by mms standards sooo..
Email the videos.
or upload your video to youtube then text message the linky..
3. CommentBoxEnforcer posted on 22 Apr 2012, 21:26 0 0
I should still be able to mms..this is google/verizon/samsung current flagship phone. Was able to do it with the htc thunderturd. If its private i dont want to upload to youtube and shocking as it sounds, everybody dont have a email.
4. Mr.Best posted on 22 Apr 2012, 21:45 0 1
I got it today and when I put it to install, it failed and I got the android with the red triangle above it. I was running stock 4.0.4 which i manually installed. Dunno what happened
5. Cha7520 posted on 22 Apr 2012, 22:33 0 1
I bought this phone in Feb and the stupid phone reboost by itself all the time, It rebooted twice day, one time while I was talking on the phone with someone....I hate that it take 4 to 5 seconds for the screen to rotate...the signal strength goes in and out all the time. I downloaded an app to monitor my signal strength. Google & Verizon really need to get that 4.0.5 update. I called Verizon and its "suppose" to receive an update the first week of May. Crossing Fingers, if it doesn't fix this phone, I'll probably cancel and get the Galaxy S 3.
8. blackc25 posted on 23 Apr 2012, 01:16 0 1
I was waiting for this mobile to come to india from last november 2011, but it din't made it to India till date. i got this mobile from grey market here in India in feb 2012. And from day i have stuck on 4.02 version. mine device is YAKJUXW. my only reason of getting this phone was for faster updates, little i knew that my device will be updated from samsung. i have random reboot twice or trice a day. daily i keep checking for OTA update but with no luck.