Microsoft might be working on a Snapdragon 820-powered Windows 10 Mobile phablet
2. realjjj (Posts: 356; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
It tells you it is a dev board and somehow you fail to see it.
It's not a phone, it's not a tab, it's just a dev board. And since Qualcomm is their SoC of choice , ofc they are working on it. That doesn't say much about timing though.
6. aegislash (Posts: 195; Member since: 27 Jan 2015)
Could it possibly be a Surface smartphone? I saw a few people say that if Microsoft did a Surface phone, they'd want it to run full Windows 10 but that seems very unlikely.
13. dickwyn (Posts: 620; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Surface phone will most likely be running on intel chips, the atoms that is
7. Switch00 (Posts: 358; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
1520 will do. Just put andriod on it and leave lumia camera as it is.
8. valapsp (Posts: 552; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
they should work on the software for now rather than hardware.
11. theguy2345 (Posts: 1180; Member since: 24 Jun 2014)
Windows phone doesn't allow apps to use more than half the system RAM. So it would actually be 3 GB of RAM.
10. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1097; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I would like to know how much of the 64 GB went to the OS since only 43 GB is left available. I know they load apps and the like on these devices to test them, but I would be willing to bet the Windows 10 OS takes up a lot more space than the competing operating systems.
12. theguy2345 (Posts: 1180; Member since: 24 Jun 2014)
According to my phone on the preview, windows 10 mobile uses 2.88 gigs of space. I would imagine iOS/Android use around the same amount.
14. rsiders (Posts: 833; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Correction: Acer is also a high end manufacturer for Windows 10 Mobile with the upcoming Acer Jade Primo.
15. sip1995 (Posts: 1544; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
This is what the Lumia 1520 users, are waiting for.
16. jove39 (Posts: 1779; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
This is testing platform...not real device. May be Microsoft or Qualcomm is testing windows 10 with S820.
1. CPU is mentioned as ARMv7...we know that S820 support ARMv8 instruction set.
2. Memory 1.5GB...seriously, not even 2GB RAM?
3. Direct3D API is mentioned to support DX11...again we know that Adreno 530 support DX12 (FL 12.1)
17. sip1995 (Posts: 1544; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
The 1.5 gb , is the ram that was available this moment....So, definitely 3GB Ram will be on board, or even 4.
20. Mrmark (Posts: 262; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
Pay Google to get there apps running on your platform and let the people choose if they gradually switch over to Microsoft. Having no Google equals fail I my eyes .
22. Crispin_Gatieza (Posts: 1554; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Poor grammar to get a decent job is a fail in my eyes. You are Exhibit A.
25. elitewolverine (Posts: 4991; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Blame ms for a company worth billions not wanting to spend the money to make an app for 200Million+ devices... right...if anything this should show you to not support Google, instead you actually do. I am so so so so so glad I don't rely on google for anything other than a forced youtube account
21. darealist (Posts: 101; Member since: 25 Feb 2015)
Two competing mobile OS is already too crowded for the toy phone market. Nobody will buy it unless it's a something completely different... like a Surface Phone. In the meantime... Lumia will continue to die off.
24. rishav20193 (Posts: 174; Member since: 18 Jul 2015)
i think surface phone will come in 1st half & then lumia 1520 or 950 series successor will be powered by 820 SOC
26. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1513; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
This had better be a Continuum capable Windows 10 Mobile smart phone for it to make any serious sales in the World wide market place.The "Surface" smart phone may come in 2 version which are 1= The "Surface Phone" an Arm"s CPU Windows 10 Mobile smart phone with Continuum capability.2= The "Surface Pro Phone An Intel CPU Modified Windows 10 Desktop OS smart phone That will only run ALL Windows 10 desktop store apps , Run Microsoft's Universal apps and Also Run some but not all win32 x86 Full desktop programs. Folks this is the ONLY Windows smart phone that any Apple iphone and Android smart phones users will consider buying.
27. newuser1 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
More and more rumors, but real products come so slow.
28. NocturnalEvil (Posts: 35; Member since: 11 Mar 2015)
Hmm, from the specifications it seems that the so called secret phone in this article is the HP Elite X3, 6.0 inch screen, snapdragon 820, all these specs clearly point at HP Elite X3.
However the RAM value is off because HP Elite X3 gonna sport 4GBs of RAM and the camera specs and storage specs are different too.