Meg Whitman confirms HP is working on a smartphone, says it better be done "right than fast"
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I miss webOS but willing to wait and see what they have to offer.
2. hf199 (Posts: 22; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
This is awesome news for us webOS fans! An open sourced webOS phone, YES! It was and sometimes still is ahead of its time. Superior synergy and notifications!
3. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 244; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
I want a HP smartphone with Intel processor running on Windows Phone 8!!!
4. cdgoin (Posts: 369; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
I want a portrait QWERTY phone, with a keyboard like the old iPaq (BTW why doesnt HP sue Apple for stealing the i. But I digress.. I want it from anyone. If HP made it, then it would be DIFFERENT.. and god knows I am tired of the same rectangle bricks.
5. Hemlocke (unregistered)
HP doesn't sue because the iPaq was not innovative, nor was it even close to being the first device of its kind. Palm and Apple were in that space before them (Palm's original PDAs and the Apple Newton). The problem with HP, right now, is Meg is so desperate to turn it around that most of what they are churning out is garbage or blatant Apple MBA ripoffs. This company just needs to go quietly into that long goodnight.
6. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Wise statement - a smart woman. Elop, get in the kitchen!
7. frustyak (Posts: 168; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
I'm beginning to think that HP doesn't have a clue what they're doing.
8. mercorp (Posts: 984; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Possibly an android with web os ui,or wp8...
9. myclevername (Posts: 94; Member since: 07 Jun 2010)
Anyone else think she looks like Kathy Bates?
10. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i like this story!! i hope webOS the best!!!