Live Lock Screen beta app launches for Windows Phone 8.1 users
There is one bit of good news. When the app was originally introduced at Build 2014, Microsoft said that it would only run on handsets with 1GB of RAM or more. But Microsoft has been able to tweak the software so that it will work on Windows Phone 8.1 powered handsets that have 512MB of RAM. Why is that so important? Because that means that entry-level models like the Nokia Lumia 520, the most popular Windows Phone model of all time, will be able to support the app.
You can download the Live Lock Screen beta app for free from the Windows Phone Store. And if you want to check out the six different layouts available with the app, click on the slideshow below.
Six different layouts for the Live Lock Screen beta app
source: @joebelfiore, LiveLockScreenbeta via WPCentral
1. fsnas (Posts: 94; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
tried it and love it.
keep on the great job MS.
2. Penny (Posts: 1137; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Love the app. Cooler than I thought it would be!
4. akki20892 (Posts: 3429; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
So we have to use app all time or they will bring in os with software update.
6. TheCynicalTechie (Posts: 70; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Download the app, then go to settings in the "lockscreen" section, and choose that app as your lockscreen.
10. Settings (Posts: 309; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
No, its not available in the locksceeen as its supposed to be. You have to turn on the Kids Cornee to disable the Live Lockscreen beta and vice versa.
7. AfterShock (Posts: 2798; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Good on WP for lowering MB needed.
8. Settings (Posts: 309; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Great lockscreen and animations! And it uses Bing images wallpapers too! Liked it!
The only bad is Kid's corner is disabled when this app is active.
Works on Lumia 720 with 512MB of RAM as opposed to work only with 1GB ram devices.
11. TheGenius (Posts: 323; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Its already written in the article. (>.>)
9. dickwyn (Posts: 593; Member since: 07 May 2012)
the round oscillating one doesn't look that practical but it's cool
12. DogeShibe (Posts: 275; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
It's not supported coz it needs WP8.1 to run & WP8.1 is not yet available!
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8189; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Phones are already receiving the official 8.1 update. Where have you been? :)
14. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3534; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Are you serious the OFFICIAL 8.1 update has been released for two weeks now... My US 1520 just received 8.1+Cyan yesterday......
And, this is Way better than the developers preview, which was amazingly better than 8.0... My 1520 is a powerhouse now!!.. The Dolby 5.1 surround recording/playback is awesome!!.. This is the WP experience everyone has been asking for since the beginning....
Next up Update 1.... I've never had a device with this many updates.. Almost 20 in 16 months... This is a huge improvement!!! If MS gets their marketing situation sorted out then this should be a serious threat to Apple, and Samsung..
15. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I have to agree with you here. I don't own a Windows phone but my wife has a 1020. Since the 930 didn't come out in the US I feel I may not be getting a wp anytime soon and was possibly going to try iPhone 6 for my second phone but let's see what Microsoft can do to get me to jump or try. I don't see me leaving my z2 for anything right now but you never know.
16. apocalypsebc (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
The 930 is here and its called the Nokia Lumia Icon.
17. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Yes but it's only black or white and has that stupid vzn logo on the back. Also let us see how long it takes to get the official 8.1 on it. I'm on AT&T also
18. DogeShibe (Posts: 275; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
You all do realise there is a world outside US ._.