Lenovo P780 emerges in China, promoted by NBA star Kobe Bryant
This device, all but certain to be a follow-up to the Lenovo P770, and will only be available in China has the distinction of getting some star appeal by NBA basketball player Kobe Bryant who has been promoting the Lenovo brand in China.
The P780 has apparently not been officially announced yet, and detailed specifications are not forthcoming, but it has a 5-inch display which will feature super-sensitive touch capability, like the Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820.
The Lenovo P780 is also about 9.9 centimeters thick, while it does not set any records for being svelte, it is packing a super-sized 4,000mAh battery to keep the lights on. We have been able to see some nice looking hardware from Lenovo, unfortunately we have not seen any of these new smartphones work their way west.
source: GSM Insider
1. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 970; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
is it just me or is kobe bryant in every single ad available
3. Topcat488 (Posts: 1162; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
His Team got "Swept" in the Playoffs... Yeah, he's got time too be available.
4. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2375; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It's not like he was playing any way. He's been injured for weeks now & wasn't gonna be able to return even if his team made it further in the playoffs.
5. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
A great excuse to sit out and watch the inevitable. The lakers barely made it to the playoffs. His "team" (if thats what u want to call it) didnt stand a chance
14. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2375; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
They definitely didn't stand a chance, but if you're suggesting that a guy who has played through so many injuries in his career is faking an achilles tendon tear to sit out, you're an idiot.
15. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
hes definately not faking it, im just pointing out that it was perfect timing for the injury. I mean, who wants to go through the embarrasment of being swept. He'd much rather be posing for Lenovo pictures.
20. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2375; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
In all fairness, I doubt they would have been swept if he was playing. They still would have lost the series, though.
6. saket.shrivastava (Posts: 55; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
9.9 centimeter thick?????????? dafuq is going on here
7. sukimtk (Posts: 13; Member since: 04 May 2013)
4000mah batery that is why its sooo thick
and it is sitll slim for that battery size :D
8. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Probably because its intel it needs the large battery.
16. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
And the fact that its Android doesnt help much either.
9. mydi.maus (unregistered)
selling only in china?why kobe.?
18. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Because Jeremy Lin would just be too racist.
11. bnick25 (Posts: 36; Member since: 05 May 2013)
If it doesnt have on 4g lte in the united states who cares.
12. legend1 (Posts: 102; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
woah every comment here has a thumbs down except the one above me heheheheh
13. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Fixed that, because it was a dumb, egocentric comment and I would hate to offend your sense of symmetry.
17. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
No comment is to your liking, so you must thumbsdown them all... and thats not egocentric
19. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Lenovo P780: rapist approved
21. steelicon (Posts: 313; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
22. JMartin22 (Posts: 1221; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Even at 10mm, the phone really looks almost paper thin... I don't think any phone should be going lower than 9mm. I don't like the trade off that comes with a smaller capacity of internals to work their magic on the device. Until technology advances faster, phones do not need to be getting slimmer at the quick rate they currently are.