LTE is coming to the iPhone, report claims
1. Captain_Doug (Posts: 933; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Plus Verizon said they will not sell anymore 3G smartphones.
3. PhoneLuver (Posts: 474; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
Duh. Why is this news? It would be a major surprise if the new iPhone didn't come with LTE. Let's just hope that it's compatible with the rest of the world not like the new iPad. :-/
8. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3428; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
They said that last year for 2012, but since then, they've realeased the Blackberry Curve 9310 which is only 3G. Maybe, they meant only real smartphones? Haha.
13. Captain_Doug (Posts: 933; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Verizon doesn't really consider it a smartphone. That's why BlackBerrys have different data plans.
2. Lift_Off (Posts: 152; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
There better damn be LTE. or I will flip a table on someone.
4. JC557 (Posts: 1239; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I just hope Apple has a plan to give it reasonable battery life if those reports of the battery barely growing are true.
5. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1017; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
i dont know why this is news. we all know that the iPhone 5 has to have LTE to remain competitive
7. -box- (Posts: 3973; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Unless apple releases a larger-screen 2012 model and waits until the 2013 model for LTE... it is apple after all!
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7035; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
They need to stop reposting articles like this. WE ALL know it's going to have LTE but with a weak battery life. this is NOT NEWS
9. paulyyd (Posts: 329; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
right..? cause you know for a fact that the battery life is going to be weak. We got a man on the inside! inspector gadget80 you're my hero broski!
10. dragonstkdgirl (Posts: 144; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
Wasn't there a leak about the battery size being in the 1500mAh range? If that turns out to be true, then yes, it will have weak battery life. Guess we'll see.
11. dcgore (Posts: 212; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
Now...this changes everything...
It should because it's a new chip and stuff so yeah it should...
12. PotDragon (banned) (Posts: 214; Member since: 22 Jul 2011)
Not one iPhone user will admit they are looking forward to 4g; to do so would be to admit that the current iPhone is slow.
Last year we were subjected to posts excusing the lack of 4G on the iphone4s by saying that apple wanted better battery life in place before incorporating 4G. Wonder what the excuse will be this year?
Why not stop claiming specs until you at least know the name of the phone. Doubtful it is even called an iphone5. Do not presume to know it will be LTE before you know the name of the handset. Really believe apple is releasing a CDMA LTE & a GSM 4G? Really? Good luck with that.
14. RealRapRaw (Posts: 10; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
"Really believe apple is releasing a CDMA LTE & a GSM 4G? Really? Good luck with that"
There's a chip for that.http://www.qualcomm.com/chipse