LTE is coming to the iPhone, report claims
1. Captain_Doug posted on 16 Aug 2012, 03:31 8 3
Plus Verizon said they will not sell anymore 3G smartphones.
3. PhoneLuver posted on 16 Aug 2012, 04:18 9 1
Duh. Why is this news? It would be a major surprise if the new iPhone didn't come with LTE. Let's just hope that it's compatible with the rest of the world not like the new iPad. :-/
8. g2a5b0e posted on 16 Aug 2012, 09:57 0 1
They said that last year for 2012, but since then, they've realeased the Blackberry Curve 9310 which is only 3G. Maybe, they meant only real smartphones? Haha.
13. Captain_Doug posted on 17 Aug 2012, 15:48 0 0
Verizon doesn't really consider it a smartphone. That's why BlackBerrys have different data plans.
2. Lift_Off posted on 16 Aug 2012, 03:32 7 3
There better damn be LTE. or I will flip a table on someone.
4. JC557 posted on 16 Aug 2012, 04:53 5 1
I just hope Apple has a plan to give it reasonable battery life if those reports of the battery barely growing are true.
5. Jeradiah3 posted on 16 Aug 2012, 07:53 7 0
i dont know why this is news. we all know that the iPhone 5 has to have LTE to remain competitive
7. -box- posted on 16 Aug 2012, 08:26 6 1
Unless apple releases a larger-screen 2012 model and waits until the 2013 model for LTE... it is apple after all!
6. InspectorGadget80 posted on 16 Aug 2012, 08:20 8 0
They need to stop reposting articles like this. WE ALL know it's going to have LTE but with a weak battery life. this is NOT NEWS
9. paulyyd posted on 16 Aug 2012, 10:04 0 3
right..? cause you know for a fact that the battery life is going to be weak. We got a man on the inside! inspector gadget80 you're my hero broski!
10. dragonstkdgirl posted on 16 Aug 2012, 14:19 0 0
Wasn't there a leak about the battery size being in the 1500mAh range? If that turns out to be true, then yes, it will have weak battery life. Guess we'll see.
11. dcgore posted on 16 Aug 2012, 14:29 0 0
Now...this changes everything...
It should because it's a new chip and stuff so yeah it should...
12. PotDragon posted on 16 Aug 2012, 18:25 1 1
Not one iPhone user will admit they are looking forward to 4g; to do so would be to admit that the current iPhone is slow.
Last year we were subjected to posts excusing the lack of 4G on the iphone4s by saying that apple wanted better battery life in place before incorporating 4G. Wonder what the excuse will be this year?
Why not stop claiming specs until you at least know the name of the phone. Doubtful it is even called an iphone5. Do not presume to know it will be LTE before you know the name of the handset. Really believe apple is releasing a CDMA LTE & a GSM 4G? Really? Good luck with that.
14. RealRapRaw posted on 20 Aug 2012, 21:27 0 0
"Really believe apple is releasing a CDMA LTE & a GSM 4G? Really? Good luck with that"
There's a chip for that.http://www.qualcomm.com/chipse