LG G3 will be launched around the world starting June 27
The G3 is the world’s first Quad HD (1,440 x 2,560) smartphone manufactured by a well-known company. It runs Android 4.4 KitKat, and offers lots of nice features, including Smart Notice, a 13MP rear camera with laser autofocus, a quad-core 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB / 3GB of RAM, and 16GB / 32GB of expandable internal memory.
As our LG G3 review is showing, the new handset is definitely one of the best smartphones of 2014, so it will be interesting to see how many units LG manages to sell before the end of the year.
LG G3 global rollout begins on June 27
36. LikeMyself (Posts: 302; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
I'll buy only if she comes in the bundle for free! Like LG G3 with gorgeous babe bundle!
37. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
when they perfected human cloning, i will take 10 LG G3.
2. darkskoliro (Posts: 996; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Idk, the only thing that set G3 apart from G2 was the 4k and the screen. Since G2 has better battery life than G3 and also there is a 4k mod for the camera, I think id actually take the G2 instead.
4. fzacek (Posts: 2181; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Me too. IMO the G2's screen is actually better and much more well-rounded, because it does not suffer from the poor contrast, viewing angles, and brightness of the G3's screen...
8. darkskoliro (Posts: 996; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Amazing in power reduction, but still lacking the "quality". Ive been using SLD3 for more than a year now, and when I look at the G2 the first thoughts I had were that it was over saturated and had a weird reflection? in the screen. I had a look at Erica Griffin's review on the screen and definitely seems to have signs of over saturation. No idea about the glare/reflection though, might have just been the UI icons or something. But for sure, G2>G3.
3. fzacek (Posts: 2181; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
"The G3 will fist reach users!" LMFAO, that's definitely supposed to be "first" not "fist"...
6. RandomAshole (Posts: 30; Member since: 15 Apr 2014)
Judging from the first picture, it's too big for her hands. I mean the phone.
17. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I know yours smaller. I mean not the phone
29. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3615; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Thats what wahooyahoo moaned...
42. RandomAshole (Posts: 30; Member since: 15 Apr 2014)
Ha ha. Touche. I am curious though, did I hurt your feelings or something?
7. robert26101 (Posts: 85; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
I don't think customers asked for poor contrast, viewing angles and brightness.
9. firstviji (Posts: 10; Member since: 28 Jun 2013)
These are all attract me to G3:
1. Removable battery with quick charging time.
2. 128 GB Memory card expandable.
3. Bigger screen with minimum bezel.
4. Laser auto focus in low light.
28. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3615; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
And those greys that pretended to be blacks.
10. jellmoo (Posts: 703; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
It's astounding how utterly underwhelming I am finding the G3. I'm not even remotely disappointed that there isn't any mention of Canadian availability.
13. saenaedewe (Posts: 62; Member since: 01 May 2013)
I want the 3GB RAM/32GB internal memory version, but that version will not be sold here in Indonesia.
18. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
You could always buy in blackmarket (non-direct importer)
19. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3693; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The G3 is a well rounded, quality phone with a screen that is excellent for fine detail.
However, it feels like it was rushed to market in some ways. The screen could have used another round or two of development when it comes to image quality. The 801 should have been an 805. The audio performance, while not bad, could be better.
Still, I would like to know the price and whether or not the phone is locked down. The right price could fix pretty much all of the above, given the phone is quite competent overall.
30. fzacek (Posts: 2181; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
The display is the opposite of well-rounded. The detail is great but brightness, contrast, and viewing angles are horrible...
31. luis.d (Posts: 209; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
The G3 is not a compromised purchase in any way. I settled on it because I was genuinely impressed with LG's thoughtful engineering on this phone. I never imagined there could be a 5.5-inch smartphone that's perfectly comfortable to hold and use. IMO, LG schooled other manufacturers on how the phablet form factor should be done. That, and how to make plastic palatable.
I have no doubt the Adreno 420 GPU in the S805 and future updates by LG will make the G3 a truly finished product, but I think the phone rules as it is, and I'm a picky user. If someone wants it, they should go ahead.
20. aniladitya (Posts: 8; Member since: 20 May 2014)
C is so pretty.. I want her.. Not the phone.. Hehe
21. alfadolla (Posts: 28; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
The glory of a flagship phone last about as long as the next release date of a newer model from another company, in short live like and enjoy the moment. because it won't last more than three months..... So Thank LG 3!!! for making the other cheap flagship companies take notice and spend some of the money that they rob from us the consumer. SMH!!!
23. amasog (Posts: 150; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
"..money that they rob from us the consumer"
LoL! Did this company force you to buy their phone?
25. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3693; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
No, but their ads may have enticed him to buy it. Did you notice who was holding the LG phone in the pictures above? :)
As most mobile device ads these days seem to be lifestyle pornography (again, see who is holding the phone), it would be easy to sue for false advertising. Especially when he is disappointed after two weeks of use and he doesn't have the hot blonde he thought was included with the phone.
Okay, this is somewhat facetious, but the main point is that companies do overhype their stuff. It does make buying decisions harder for the consumer.
33. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
You make me remeber the "Mr. Monk meets the playboy" episode. lol
32. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I like it the way of LG,Samsung,Sony release their phone. At least when I buy the flagship, I got the best phone money can buy at that time.
Compared to car manufacture, if I bought after the car released 2 years, then I'm stuck at what best 2 years ago for that particular model.
22. amasog (Posts: 150; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
available in QAtar starting tomorrow, june 25. QR 2499 (around 680 US Dollars) - 16GB; QR 2699 (around 735 USD) - 32GB. I have booked mine.
26. techloverNYC (Posts: 422; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
So Samsung use korean models and Lg uses blonde models? Interesting.
Sorry guys really random but every samsung post I seem has a pretty cute asian girl holding their phone.
34. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
and sony use model swimming in a crowded area.
35. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 254; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
dude, it is available already in Bahrain
40. zachattack (Posts: 590; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Nice tactic for clicks phone arena, you say around the world because it's pretty much everywhere but the USA which is what 90% of people looking at that title hope for. Touche phone arena, you got me. Here i thought it was a legit post about the phone coming out, and it wasn't