Jessica Alba swaps her iPhone for a Windows Phone
During the official launch event of Windows Phone 8, Joe Belfiore and Steve Ballmer asked Jessica Alba to join them on stage and help them explain some of the more specific features of the new operating system. She seemed a bit nervous at first, but did a great job overall. Although, we're sure that even if she just stood there, without uttering a single word, we'd still have said that she's done a great job. Such wolves we are... But anyways, the woman did make a point of how easy it was (for Joe Belfiore, that is) to transfer all of her music library from her iPhone to her new Windows Phone device, and how useful the Kid's Corner is for parents who want keep their kids occupied for a bit (for one reason or another).
So there you have it, guys, one celebrity has now betrayed Apple and joined the ranks of Microsoft. Do you realize what this means, guys? There are only a few hundred left to go now! Keep it up, Steve!
1. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Smart choice. Anything is better than the iPhone.
3. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4704; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol I know! 2 cans connected by a piece of string is a much better choice than an Apple iPhone!
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 16264; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
U guys both use the iPhone to post, then act like u don't like em. Whateverrrrrrrrrrr
14. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4704; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
You are so right!
Why do I keep confusing my iPhone for a rooted Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Samsung Galaxy Nexus?
Man I have to stop that! lol
16. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3074; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
SuperAndroidEvo, that's what I'm talking about! I was just informed that I actually bought a SGS3 instead of an iPhone!!!! They look soooooo much alike, I was so confused! I didn't even notice the HUGE Samsung logo on the front of the phone or see the Samsung Galaxy logos on the box. Those phones look soo much alike after all, any smart person(like myself) would confuse the two for sure!
18. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4704; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol That was so funny RORYREVOLUTION! You definitely put a smile on my face.
I have to agree they DO look soooooo much alike.
+1 to you! :-)
28. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
it amaze me that you proclaim yourself as a smart person for doing those mistakes. well, what can you expect from fandroids...
29. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3193; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Man! Has your sarcasm metre gone wrong or something?? Maybe you're Sheldon!
You so didn't get the joke did you!
Or either you're a desperate die hard iFan?
42. squirreludecker (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
you got a SGS3? i would go back and slap whoever talked you into that piece of crap phone. if you're not running a Nexus device (a true Nexus, not a Verizon Nexus) then you would be better off running iOS because Android before 4.1 sucks badly.
20. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Damn darkkjedii. I didn't know the iPhone has a 4.8" display, with 720x1280 resolution, a 2100mAh battery, a 1.9MP front camera, 3 buttons and that it runs Android 4.1.1. I guess my iPhone - which also has "Samsung" written over it - is the best iPhone there is, atm.
Edit - Rory you beat me to it. :)
22. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3193; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Wow, DarkkJedi...how are you handling such comebacks?? Aren't you nervous?? Poor lad!!!
And Ray S, lol, man...you had me laughing with this "we're sure that even if she
just stood there, without uttering a single word,
we'd still have said that she's done a great job.
Such wolves we are..."
40. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1705; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
He should have never joined the dark side, we will not miss thee
24. techytechtech (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
as celebrities have a very limited time in life to sell themselves and raise as many funds as possible.
she must have been paid alot. and this was a move to gather attention and spread the word among the younger generation.
p.s. steve looks at her like the priest checking out the altar boy.....
27. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
yup, alba isn't that famous anymore. with big money like microsoft, who woudn't take that wp8 + thousand of dollars that comes with it...
2. asseek (Posts: 164; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Jessica Alba joined the windows ecosystem, then consider me in :P
4. The_Innovation (Posts: 597; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Nervous? Look at the short guy in the second picture, he's practically sweating, because he's standing next to her.
5. SleepingOz (unregistered)
OK, WP is better than iOS but how much did she get paid?
17. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
She´s been using WP way before she was hired by MS. She was seen using a Nokia Lumia 900, that´s how she called MS´s attention.
32. mctcm (Posts: 204; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
one must wonder if she did it out of preference or if she had a really shrewd publicist
6. ibap (Posts: 732; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
OK, guys, you're supposed to think with the part of your anatomy between your ears, not your legs.
Oh, wait - the latter isn't thinking at all.
12. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
She had a lumia 900 before this, so this has already lasted more than a week. msoft saw this and moved in with a 920. smart move if you ask me...
9. bohdan4ik13 (Posts: 99; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It just a contract with Microsoft. After some time she'll back to, maybe, iPhone 6 :)
21. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
She had a Lumia 900 not an iPhone so therefore the Author and you are wrong.
11. chemhaz (Posts: 161; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Whether it's for money or love it's a good move. I would have been better is she came over to Android and world of customization within.
13. metalpoet (unregistered)
Jessica Alba actually comes across as one of those very very VERY few intelligent and beautiful female celebrities so yes of course she was paid but she still agreed to do it which is smart on her part to leave the Apple b.s. and go for windows phones. Windows arent my favorite OS but they are a close 2nd ;)
15. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Jessica Alba is f****** fine as hell. I want a windows phone now haha
39. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
If she tells me to get a windows phone, I wouldn't have second thoughts
No to mention Win 8 on pc was so nice, it's might be nice to have all devices synced.
19. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
What? She had a Lumia 900 not an iPhone! Change the heading. VERY lazy reporting on your part Phonearena.
25. -box- (Posts: 3978; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Maybe she had a 3gs or something before her Lumia 900 (and now 920)?
31. madnhate (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Actually the article was right. She had an iphone. If you watched the video they had she actually admits to having an iphone before microsoft approached her about the windows phone and she wanted to know if they could transfer all her music over and if they could she would make the switch. She did have a Lumia 900 but I'm sure she was sponsored to have it. She started using a Lumia 900 out of no where and she uses an ipad so it just doesn't add up.
26. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
A beautiful woman with a brain... Got to love Jessica Alba
30. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well I myself wil speak wonders of Windows if they provided me with a free phone. she gave her testimony for a free Windows phone.. but haters wil jump in joy any chance they get... haters will always hate
33. lumialove (Posts: 75; Member since: 16 May 2012)
that's good for her.,now she can safely move around without losing her way..,courtesy Nokia maps.
34. phil2n (Posts: 487; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
one celebrity has now betrayed Apple and joined the ranks of Microsoft
36. AndroidShiz (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Jess sez: “So you're paying me how much to get up here again?"
37. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
im wishing a surface phone! with s4 pro or tegra 3/4 chips inside!
anyways... since when jessica a tech nerd!? anyways good for her!