|Screen size||Diagonal 30.1cm (12.1 type)|
|Number of pixels||(Vertical) 3840 (horizontal) x RGB x 2160 (4K2K)|
|External dimensions||273.67mm (W) x 164.60mm (H) x1.96mm (D)|
|Frame size||2.0mm on |
the left and right 2.0mm
|Color gamut (NTSC ratio)||70%|
|Contrast (CR) ratio||1000: 1 (Typ.)|
|View angle||160 degrees or more up and down / left and right (at CR> 100:1)|
|Screen brightness||500 cd / 2 (Typ.)|
|Power consumption |
(white 500 cd / 2 hour)
(in panel power consumption 360mW)
|For driving liquid crystal driver LSI number||Two|
Japan Display unveils 12" 4K tablet screen with 3840 x 2160 pixels of resolution
1. pwnarena (Posts: 1001; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
it's likely going to be similar to the xperia z display. only great with the ppi count but awful in overall quality. look at the contrast ratio. it's likely heading the xperia z display route.
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9077; Member since: 14 May 2012)
How? Sony completely failed with the XZ display and still isn't that great compared to the HTC One or G2.
15. pwnarena (Posts: 1001; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
sony already did well with the z ultra. that display was better than the one on the htc one. it's just mind boggling how they decided to lower their standards again with the xz1.
their display even consumes more power compared to the lg g2's (which is bigger)
even the fujitsu smartphones released in japan have better displays.
and sony dares say it's the best of sony in a smartphone.
-very very very disappointed sony fan.
2. exor430 (Posts: 7; Member since: 17 Sep 2012)
3600MW (3.6GW)?Good luck finding power generator that can supply enough power. I believe it should be 3600mW (3.6W).
11. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
These days we need some low consuming products.
21. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
noo..we need new battery tech !!
Leave smartphones look at laptops battery life !!
Is there any laptop dare to give one full day with heavy usage ?
And for replacing battery..the battery alone cost 30% of laptop !!.
We neeed new battery tech. ..who ever brings that .. they are blessed ..
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 2142; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Cool! I think with everything getting thinner and lighter - especially with ultrathin flexible displays soon becoming a norm - there is sense in 12" tablets, and I prefer larger resolution that FHD for the size.
4. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
I will dare to buy only when LG release such a display ..!
6. cezarepc (Posts: 627; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I'm gonna cry if that tab lands on my lap.
7. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Thin and light in weight plus awesome power is the way too go. Nice move for innovation, but there is much more room for improvement. This doesn't impress anyone unless its more user friendly like the new iPad Air.
8. Damitel (Posts: 65; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Eye killer! Wii be excellent for reading, watching movies too but still prefer note 10.1 2014 edition because of its outstanding functionality.
17. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
What if I told you every windows 8 tablet has more functionality than the note 10.1 2014 edition.
9. Damitel (Posts: 65; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Eye killer! Will be excellent for reading, watching movies too but still prefer note 10.1 2014 edition because of its outstanding functionality.
12. cc3493 (Posts: 158; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I wish companies would try and work on improving the display, not just how many pixels are in the display...
13. taikucing (unregistered)
lol. My 32" TV is still 720p.
16. prince34 (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Now we need faster, more efficient processor and really powerful batteries if we want a 4k tablet.
18. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Its not happening any time soon. There is a lack of 4k content. You can not find movies/tv shows in 4k, only 1080p. 4K files are massive too like 5minute of 4k = 1GB.
25. kevinrocksman (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
to be specific it is 360MB per 1 minute of video
19. pitchenatent (Posts: 15; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
Yeah but we need to support the 4k cz the company's will start making moee it and I have see the 4k res there are so clear and the ppi is so much better then 1080p that it would be so nice because we would have to buy disc and all the big companies can store it on cloud and we can access it from our tvs phones and other devices no more cable lol
20. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3388; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Japan is the leader in technology! Has always been and will always be!
22. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Japan is japaan..no comparison.
But after a earth quake occured..things are not being same.
23. theZED (Posts: 25; Member since: 09 May 2012)
HTC ONE X uses display panel made by JDI, SHARP.