Instagram starts running its first ad
The first ad shared through Instagram users' feeds is one for a watch made by fashion house Michael Kors. Instagram users who don't like an ad that they see can click on the "..." icon which will remove the ad and allow the user to write feedback explaining the reason why he or she doesn't like it.
Instagram says that more ads are coming soon, mostly from companies with a huge Instagram presence. Kors fits that profile with 1.7 million followers and over 700 posts. The site is talking with other companies and more ads are expected in the next few weeks. Facebook purchased Instagram last year for $1 billion in stock.
1. D.Aceveda (Posts: 360; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Wow. This is amazing. Ads on a free website
2. androiphone20 (Posts: 1442; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
hope this doesn't spoil my insta-experience :P
7. JC557 (Posts: 1074; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Basically it's all about food and selfies (especially boobies).
8. Leo_MC (Posts: 522; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
I still don't get it: why can't they be posted directly on Facebook?!
5. androiphone20 (Posts: 1442; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
they should focus on a way of verifying accounts first
6. quakan (Posts: 1184; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
For feedback, everyone should write, "I hate ads".