Infographic presents the dos and don'ts of saving a phone from water damage
How to save a wet cell phone Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
31 Oct 2013, 02:31
How to save a wet cell phone
1. nobelset (Posts: 244; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Helpful tips, though I self taught myself the taking apart and drying step. I was running around crazy when my phone would just restart when it reaches the boot screen. First time I used my hair dryer in years xD. I think non uni-body devices have an edge here?
5. garlic456 (Posts: 57; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
If you use a hair dryer, you will melt down every single solder in the phone.
(Because solder melts in low temperture levels)
2. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 154; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
That's when Xperia Z comes in and saves the day!
10. scriptwriter (Posts: 383; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Xperia Z is only water resistant if (Sony's Words): all the flaps are closed properly.
Only Sony defines what "closed properly" means
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5166; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Right row I have the xperia go . Love it's waterproof build. I'll be upgrading too the Z Ultra.
3. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I only have one advice.
Dont fap to porn on your phone in a toilet.
4. nobelset (Posts: 244; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
I feel guilty. You can read minds. I don't like you
6. garlic456 (Posts: 57; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
...and then the people who do this say "I was on facebook"
8. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1491; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I dried the phone in the sun by removing all parts and then reassembled it and it worked for me.
LOL... There is a FACEBOOK group dedicated to people who drop their cellphones in the toilet.
BTW, very nice & helpful tips, dos and don'ts... but i don't understand the 'Bury it in Rice' concept. Can any1 explain, why?
15. Shatter (Posts: 1638; Member since: 29 May 2013)
You should eat the rice after it absorbs the toilet water.
9. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 462; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
well rice absorbs the liquid.12hrs then its dry...
12. xtian1103 (Posts: 352; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
soaking it ric eis one of the most effective ways to absorve moisture. worked for me 3 times already
14. Sondae (Posts: 171; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
I guess in 850,000 cellphone meet there death at the toilet most of them are men lol.