Image of Samsung Galaxy S IV leaks?
The rumored specs include the 4.99 inch Super AMOLED Full HD screen with 1080 x 1920 resolution which should provde a pixel density of around 441ppi. Under the hood is a powerful quad-core 2GHz Exynos 5450 processor with 2GB of RAM aboard. The Mali-T658 GPU crunches the graphics and the rear and front cameras weigh in at 13MP and 2MP respectively. Android 4.2.1 is pre-installed on the phone, right out of the box.
Perhaps this is why some analysts call for Samsung to continue its strong growth in 2013.
1. zhiae (Posts: 187; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
that's not true that phone has hard corner and I don't think that Samsung Mobile will use that bad frame again
25. aaronkatrini (Posts: 240; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
I'd say a prototype of Note 3 maybe. The screen look bigger than 5.5".
95. metalpoet (unregistered)
pljus i dont see a physical home button for things like s voice! lol, it is probably note 3
45. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
How much will it cost? $700
75. zhiae (Posts: 187; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
non of you guys knew how would sgs3 look like before it shows up
same again success of gs3 was globally amazing
and we really expect that gs4 will be the device to move apple down
that phone is ugly as ( ) name that by ur mind .
99. eyad_996 (Posts: 29; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
I'm I the only one who thinks that the designs of the new Galaxy phones is Super Ugly, it was nice on the Galaxy S3 because it was fresh and new, but the Note2 and now this!
And the so-small home button is hard to press on, and now it's even harder since it doesn't exist!!!
2. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
if this be S4 i don't like it, it is the middle size between S3 and note2
we want innovation and beauty simultaneously, just take a look at Sony's new models.
6. bloodline (Posts: 703; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
what with their 2011 hardware ? unfortunately when you have a successful flagship device you have to keep the same design elements, you can't just simply create a brand new looking device. The only time companies do that is when they are not doing well, i.e sony
16. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i think Sony does well enough by the time it is separated from Ericson but it is just at the beginning of its long and difficult way. comparing Sony's design with that of Sammy, i prefer Sony's. Sammy is getting boring with its boring designs and its low quality. only the specs are good at Sammy but Sony has both design and specs.
52. stychill (unregistered)
While i dislike sony's design and UI more than i dislike samsung's
8. eisenbricher (Posts: 972; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Most of the Sony's handsets look similar to me. I mean similar to Samsung, they are kind of trapped in a narrow design language. Indeed better than Sammy though. People at Nokia know how to design beautiful phones.
12. lee480 (Posts: 196; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
How is the S3's ugly design similar to the Xperia S? And what about Galaxy S2 and the awesome looking Xperia Arc?
22. eisenbricher (Posts: 972; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Well some misinterpretation going on here. I didn't say that sammy and sony design is similar. But their tendancy of not radically changing the current design is similar.
39. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
S3 is designed by lawmans because S2 is copycat design (do I need to mention iPhone). There is nothing special in Arc either.
Good for us, that atleast Nokia knows how to design phones. Shame that so many keeps copycating them *kröhmhtckrhm*. On the other hand, its a clear sign of perfect design, if secondary OEM:s likes to copy them.
57. jacko1977 (Posts: 422; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
if ur to dumb to look at the box or tell the diffidence then i feel sorry for u
90. Meleagru (Posts: 88; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
How the S2 looks anything like an iPhone is beyond me.
56. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Nokia handsets look all the same as well and their design haven't evolved one bit since the N9.
65. alila2 (Posts: 118; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
i'm a samsung fan, but i think you are right sony xperia ZL looks better, probably if they slim the vertical bezel they might have a chance .
4. lee480 (Posts: 196; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Would rather get Sony's Odin aka Xperia ZL and not this piece of plastic.
27. Katrina (Posts: 71; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
You guys do know that Sony's Z/ZL is only for the first half of the year right?
If sammy does the same old thing like apple and releases their flagship phones once a year around the second half of the year:
Sony is already working on another phone for the second half of the year, THEREFORE, there is no point comparing Z/ZL and S-IV.
There will be a better phone (might be Xperia X) for H2. Specs are even better than Z/ZL. Someone leaked it over at XDA way back with A15-based chip, and he has correctly stated Z/ZL info, so why not for Xperia X?
72. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I'm only tihnking of buying the XEPRIA Z because of the design form factor. and waiting to see the GS IV. could care less as long the whole body isn't made out of glass material
5. tiara6918 (Posts: 1910; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I want this to be the design of the galaxy s4 but with less plastic and better materials(polycarbonate maybe), the s3 design was awful
17. tiara6918 (Posts: 1910; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Oh, thanks for the info, when I meant polycarbonate I want them to use something similar to the one x since it is better to hold at compared to the s3
18. lee480 (Posts: 196; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
But Samsung put on a lot of gloss that made it look like cheap plastic.
Btw Polycarbonate is a glorified form of plastic.
20. tiara6918 (Posts: 1910; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Yeah that gloss is something they should get rid off, it looks like a cheap plastic toy
58. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I don't mind the gloss anymore, I kinda like it.. Better build quality than the GSIII is a must though!
63. pyradark (Posts: 802; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
its made for human (means eco-friendly), so expect all the trash & recycle materials combine and Waalaa
S3 & S4 :))))
21. decent4u (Posts: 74; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
You mean it should feel less plastiky
its already made from polycarbonate
7. masterchina (Posts: 52; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
Hope the USA variants come with the exynos 5450!
9. nard0207 (Posts: 18; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Monster specs but same old design. I think Samsung should at least try to design their phones better. In terms of build quality and design HTC is superior to Samsung, so Samsung must improve in that department.
54. stychill (unregistered)
I agree with you, the One X line had a great design.
10. someones4 (Posts: 622; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Finally!!! No home button!!! Really dislike that thing.. Useful when screen freezes up or to wake the phone but I still dislike it. I really hope that they include something like Nokia Lumia's "tap to wake".
40. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Hah, offcourse sammy knows how to copycat others. Its a master thief in industry.
13. Savage (unregistered)
They better make this in black.
87. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I don't like white phones either
14. wendygarett (unregistered)
100% fake as usual :p
15. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Judging by the size of the rounded corners, it looks like a 4,5" device, maybe the so-called Galaxy SII Plus or a fake. Either way, with the awesome looking Oppo Find 5 and Droid DNA, the good ol'rounded Sammy design would be disappointing.
28. abchco123 (Posts: 12; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
I actually like a phone to have a BEZEL and a HOME button. I don't like on-screen buttons they take away space from the actual screen and the bezel makes a phone look nice. But that's my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own.
33. homersimpson (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Jan 2013)
Agreed. And the soft-keys at the bottom are often times difficult to distinguish from the App screen content. Hardware buttons should be the standard unless the manufacturer is really trying to reduce the overall bezel footprint on the phone. If someone where to design a phone where the screen was close to rim-to-rim (left-right and top-bottom), then I could live with software-only buttons in exchange for a smaller phone.
37. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I think they will keep the capacitive buttons.
This could (and should) be a hidden three -key layout bellow the screen.
I'm actually willing to bet on it.
29. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
fake sammy brings dif. design I think
30. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Could be one of the several prototypes Samsung has.
32. homersimpson (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Jan 2013)
If this photo is legitimate, it is another tired/same-old, same-old/recycled hardware design for Samsung. HTC devices (the DROID DNA in particular) make Samsung phones look plain cheap...
35. maherk (Posts: 2261; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I would say this is fake. I dont see samsung ditching the physical home button any time soon. And regarding the overall design, its clearly a note 2 with a little bit of photoshop magic. 5" screen with on screen buttons for me is just the same as a 4.8" with capacitive touch keys. Hope samsung wont be pulling a nexus and ditch physical buttons.
36. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
This makes all the sense actually.
Retained dimensions while increasing the screen, the protruded outer rim to make the phone less prone to cracking.
But I think it's just a base that will go through some refinements.
Also, I disagree the lack of physical home button means they will go on screen.
I see three hidden capacitive keys instead
59. SleepingOz (unregistered)
That looks fake!
43. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
its no matter if the leak is a fake, samsung is really good with secrets about their new line up, like how all people can't guess s3 until the keynote. they've really beaten apple in terms of secrecy.
also, its not the specs or shape that will be the main point of S IV, if S3 was judged based on specs and shape, it won't be the device of 2012. Touchwiz is really the main selling point of Galaxy S series
44. nicholassss (Posts: 361; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Im just stoked theres not a physical home button.
48. marchels14 (unregistered)
This is a monster phone that I want.
49. kcombs (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
Looks like the same "prototype" we saw last year.