Ice Cream Sandwich may finally bring native screenshots to Android
1. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 408; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
yayyy! bout time... now i know what it feels to be an isheep and always be late to the party...
and oh yea.. 1st!
4. Yeeee (Posts: 190; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
Finally I wanted to root my phone just for this
2. GoodFella (Posts: 112; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Oh Dirty, starting the fight early! haha
This is an incredibly useful feature every once in a while. Glad to have it! Sammy has had it for a bit on some of their phones, but its good to see this will be incorporated in all of Android.
3. Sniggly (Posts: 7290; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
This will be really nice, actually. Granted, if you download the Android APK (I think that's what it's called) and have your phone synced with it on your computer, you can take screenshots without rooting or anything. It's how I was able to send those pics of my 1918 benchmark I got on the X after Gingerbread. :)
But that process is just complicated enough to set up that I can see why you didn't include it. :)
5. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
It is like the screen shot on my iphone i jailbroke. Hit power and home. That method is by far the best. Shaking kind of changes the screen alot i noticed on scrolable pages with certian apps
7. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Last month SE's 2011 xperia lines was graced with this said ability, kinda cool and most of all usefull, nice it'll be implemented in the ICS update. . .
8. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it definitely has its "show off" uses. not a major deal but glad its finally gonna be native. ive always had it since every phone ive had has been rooted.. lol
9. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
The Epic Touch has this with Gingerbread. Just push the power and volume down buttons. :)
10. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Boring... My EVO 3D has been doing it since the device launched. Power button + Home button for a screen shot capture.
11. android_hitman (unregistered)
i really would like to finally connect to ad-hoc WIFI networks ...
12. TMobileRep_52_SwaaaG (Posts: 40; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
i need to help u make a correction, I have the HTC Sensation 4G with T-mobile, i have native screenshots i can take within any app and outside of apps by simply holding the Power button and pressing the Home button. I actually just did it for my associate bc she didnt even know. so some android already has this functionality :)