Home screen icons disappear on iOS 7?
Today, another one of our readers took the time to snap a screenshot of his Apple iPhone 5 after using the Zedge app. This is an app that delivers ringtones and wallpapers, and after our source was done using the app, he was stunned to find that the icons on his home screen disappeared leaving him with a black background. A quick re-boot and every thing was copacetic. But we thought with these bugs showing up, as minor as they are, that this would be a good time to remind you that iOS 7.0.3 has been seeded to employees and partners and could be soon on the way.
In the meantime, we would like to know if anyone else has been having these little problems with iOS 7 on their iPhone. If so, drop us a line in the box below the story.
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
6. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You don't understand, this isn't a bug! This is a new iFeature!
20. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
How come this never happened on my ios 7 devices? This could be screenshot from a defective piece or may be even a photoshopped. Also if you put iPhone is edit mode (tap and hold an icon) the icons start shaking and in that mode an extra home screen is added so that we can move icons there so I think this is fake
21. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Also initially a new version of ios has few bugs but it can't have such bugs and until I don't experience it myself I will consider this picture an attempt to tarnish apples reputation.
30. LordDavon (Posts: 109; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)
Wow TDN, calm down. There are hundreds-of-thousands of applications still needing to be updated. Until they are, expect strange things to happen. I highly doubt these are fakes to "tarnish apples reputation", and they may not even be Apple's to fix, but they are likely happening.
32. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
You're right. I have experienced only one issue (multitasking card disappears sometimes) but there are many apps that need to optimized. Whatsapp has still not released their ios 7 version!!!! How annoying!
34. LordDavon (Posts: 109; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)
I am sure things will solidify with more app updates, and fixes. We can't expect everything to be perfect on opening day; not even for Apple. I know my iPad has been suffering due to non-optimized applications. As well, I am sure there are some fixes that Apple will need to release. Luckily, Apple addresses things quickly.
29. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Not nesesary, right it adds a screen at the bottom but this iPhone is on the first screen
33. LG_is_the_best (unregistered)
36. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
They haven't used the word revolutionary in their events in the past two years
16. loyals (Posts: 129; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
you wish troll !! n its merely a bug to a few users . if you go to wpcentral or xda , you would find many users (tons) complaning , emmc , freezing , restarting ,sensor issues, too much LAG blah blah blah..(windows took almost an year to fix the sensor n freezing bug , while android, fixed in some , left in others)....if you compare all these , apple ios is far better than other mobile OS nyday
17. nestea (unregistered)
emmm have fun forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1644922
24. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
If you go to xda all the forums are about custom roms, so obviously there are going to be bugs. Try to troll harder please.
18. GopalRaj (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
having lot of problems after installing ios 7 it gets off very often.
26. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
this is nothing my GS4 gotvbricked :(
2. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
HAHAHA..... Another rushed total mess is in progress. iOS7 needs to disappear.
3. tech2 (Posts: 3001; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
So the bug disappeared all the icons on home screen and left a huge phonearena's watermark on screen ?! WTF !
PS: Please turn your watermark a bit lighter PA. Its very annoying specially when viewing and comparing photos !
11. breathlesstao (Posts: 78; Member since: 16 Apr 2010)
Why even put watermarks on images that are from READERS? I mean wtf. Put them on pictures they do themselves, yes; on those that are posted / sent in by others? Why??
19. qxavierus (Posts: 40; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I guess because if an image is watermarked, nobody will hotlink it. Hotlinking is when someone places an image on his site that is hosted on another site (to save some traffic so his host won't charge him much).
4. Trex95 (Posts: 685; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
I face this issue on my Nexus 4, Xperia ion, Xperia T, Nexus 10 and SGS3. Sine i bought the Nexus 7- 2013 nothing till now.
31. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1089; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Weird, currently held a Nexus 4, a Galaxy S3,a One X and a One and none had this problem, nor have i have heard of it on Android..
37. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
That's cause he's showcasing a new feature for ios7 called the iLie
5. ianbbaa (Posts: 296; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
no problem for such a TOP notch company...iOS 7.0.01.05.0.4 update will solve it shortly.
7. Commentator (Posts: 2904; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I can't wait to see what bug they'll think up next!
8. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Next new iFeature will be a revolutionary black screen, the dock will disappear as well.
9. gallabk (Posts: 16; Member since: 06 Oct 2013)
Well.. lot of bugs are present. The most annoying being, the absence of decline button when receiving some calls. Somehow the weather info is not showing in the notifications and there is no option to select in the settings also. The Updated apps are still being listed in the updates tab of app store irritatingly enough no swiping would remove them from there.
Apple should also look in to putting a toggle for the Data/LTE in the control center as most people in the world will be paying for the data. There are other minor and irritating issues and I believe these will be mitigated by Apple over time with updates.
10. azafirster (Posts: 44; Member since: 01 May 2012)
Another thing, that wifi toggle in the control centre, give the user option of choosing which wifi to connect to and make the user have to open setting and go the long way, sheesh.
13. ilia1986 (unregistered)
It's a new unique feature :D
15. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
This guy has a defective iphone
25. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Stop denying the obvious. All OSes have their bugs, but IOS has unfortunately become just as laggy and buggy as android. If you don't want bugs, go WP, but then again you can't have bugs on a barren OS, can you?
28. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
It disappeared with the icons and ifans on this article
38. iGeek (Posts: 171; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
My f*cking Galaxy S 4 freezes every single minute !! Why wont you make an article about it !! I'm sick of this phone ! It sucks even with custom roms ! Android is crap .. My next phone to be iPhone for sure !!
39. pabloablo (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
It happened to me too but i didn't reset i just rebooted to fix. I had it happen to me on ios 6 too so I'm not blaming ios 7.