Here is the most profound change that happened to Android when Andy Rubin left and Sundar Pichai took over Google
1. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
meh.. nothing that is visible to users. every service/product improves with time.
5. ibend (Posts: 4577; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
want some visible changes? check what happen to apple after jobs left
7. mctaboo (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Mar 2016)
Thank you !! Exactly.. it went downhill; not because of how great Steve Job was as much as how terrible & clueless Tim cook is.
8. Glottis (Posts: 11; Member since: 22 May 2015)
I think Apple got better with Tim cook, never liked Apple in Steve Jobs days.
9. Ruturaj (Posts: 1329; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
I agree with him, prices of macbook got realistic (still costly) which was necessary.
4. DALVEORTS (Posts: 8; Member since: 09 Sep 2014)
To me, Sundar's leadership so far is far from good. Yes, products got better, but the overall picture lacks vision, google is (still) all over the place.
- He started an affordable way to get the pure android experience, but instead of taking the nexus program globally, he came up with the idiotic android one, that nobody wants and lost google millions;
- Still didn't come up with a solution to making android oem updates more timely, samsung still takes 6 months to update their flagships;
- People were expecting Chrome os to deliver and become an alternative desktop solution; however, devices with chrome os are still oversized tablets and phones, with no access to x86 apps.
6. applesnapple93 (Posts: 21; Member since: 06 Jan 2016)
your statement about chrome OS has permanently made me doubt your intelligence for the rest of the time i spend on this website.
10. JumpinJackROMFlash (Posts: 450; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
Typical indian. No creativity or vision.