HTC working on a Siri-esque app?
So what is the point here? Is HTC working on a Dr. Doolittle app? Seriously, though, is there an underlying reason for this tweet or is HTC really working on a virtual personal assistant of its own? It might just be that HTC has thrown us a bone here, so to speak, but we would rather not have to guess at what the manufacturer's intentions are.
1. networkdood posted on 22 Jun 2012, 16:32 1
Reading that exchange between SPOT and the personal assistant was funny.
6. Santi_Santi posted on 22 Jun 2012, 17:22 4
still a sheep... nothing is gonna change right? thats the point...
7. gallitoking posted on 22 Jun 2012, 17:30 2
ohh please dont make this about me..
9. Santi_Santi posted on 22 Jun 2012, 17:34 2
dont worry, if you dont want to make this conversation about you, you should better keep playing with your iPhone and leave the news alone...
14. gallitoking posted on 22 Jun 2012, 19:54 1
weak comeback... anyways..did you stutter?.. I mean your name.. but ok u will be gone tomorrow..
21. legion77 posted on 23 Jun 2012, 00:16 3
being a sheep is better than being a cunt ... u pathethic cuntdroid fanboy
22. frydaexiii posted on 23 Jun 2012, 01:02 3
Funny how iPhoneArena doesn't allow us to type "iSh**p" but allows words like "cunt".
27. Santi_Santi posted on 23 Jun 2012, 08:03 0
Oh, im so scared. an iTroll told me that my nickname sucks... oh, i think im dying here... get a life. and also i think that gallitoking is not the most original nickname in the world, so, lets leave it here... do you mind?
33. gallitoking posted on 23 Jun 2012, 11:01 1
never used to words "sucks" to describe your nickname... that was all you
30. angelesmec posted on 23 Jun 2012, 09:08 1
8. remixfa posted on 22 Jun 2012, 17:31 6
they just use Siri as a buzz word to get trolls in here to read the article. If the article simply was "HTC to make improvements to its voice command system", would you have read it? no.... i didnt think so
19. gallitoking posted on 22 Jun 2012, 23:14 5
well it back fire because the only Apple troll is me but the fandroids.. are almost all of them here and we know you guys dont troll right?
31. remixfa posted on 23 Jun 2012, 09:32 2
nah, your not the only iNut here... your just the only one with name brand recognition.
I wasnt going to post on this article, heck I didnt even think about opening it until the conversation markers started going, then I wanted to see who was having the food fight.
32. PhoneArenaUser posted on 23 Jun 2012, 09:58 0
"nah, your not the only iNut here... your just the only one with name brand recognition."
23. frydaexiii posted on 23 Jun 2012, 01:05 0
Just because manufacturers find it useful doesn't mean users do. They're doing this probably just to attract the iCrowd who think voice commands are exclusive to the iPhone. I have a Galaxy S3 for almost 2 weeks and haven't touched S Voice other than to turn it off when I double tap the home button.
10. SlimSoulja86 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 17:36 0
So from now on I guess every voice assistant will be Siri-wannabe. This is pathetic as these features has bn on these fones,4 like, ever. If only I could wake uP one day and ppl had stopped compering every voice assistant to Siri or calling it a copy of Siri.
13. jove39 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 18:10 1
Well...I feel bad about how oem try to follow trends...Android already have a voice command system...which works fine...its not interactive as siri but is good enough to follow commands...I am sure many people around me at work have iPhone4s...never ever saw/heard anyone interacting with Siri...its more like a fun feature of iPhone than a usable...but still its best known imlementation till now in a mobile device...credit for this should go to original developers of app and then Apple for its marketing.
Now, google should try to collabrate efforts between various oems for features like this...so that they all can work together for mutual benefit...just a recent example I can think of...If anyone have interest in cars will uinderstand...toyota and subaru together developed a car and they are selling it under their own brands (Toyota GT-86, Scion FR-S, Subaru BRZ)...cost of development is reduced and they are enoying benefits of each other's knowledge.
15. gallitoking posted on 22 Jun 2012, 19:58 2
Google voice sucks , Android already recognized, is widely known that fandroids dont recognized even if it hits them in the face.Google voice.. lol. so bottom line fandroids go against Android.. right..
24. frydaexiii posted on 23 Jun 2012, 01:08 0
Yeah, it sucks but at least they made it themselves and not just buy it from someone and claim they made it. Besides, it works pretty well now, especially with vlingo and the whole array of other voice assistant available.
25. jove39 posted on 23 Jun 2012, 01:24 0
Certaiinly...you don't know what is google voice...do you?
34. gallitoking posted on 23 Jun 2012, 11:04 1
well I tried to talk to google voice once but it never understood me.. Siri does.. nothing wrong with that
35. remixfa posted on 23 Jun 2012, 11:21 1
gallito, we barely understand you while your typing. I cant imagine the horrors that google voice has trying to understand you. :) :)
17. networkdood posted on 22 Jun 2012, 21:54 2
Wow, Siri is the first voice command app ever.....
18. maryaaadil posted on 22 Jun 2012, 22:56 0
Siri is not the first.
I think Nokia had one before that.
20. gallitoking posted on 22 Jun 2012, 23:23 2
is not the first but so far is the best.. nobody remembers second best...
btw.. the jetsons had it first
26. aztaxia12295 posted on 23 Jun 2012, 01:25 0
so i wouldnt have to constantly tell my dog to shut up?
28. Gmaheshzx posted on 23 Jun 2012, 08:14 2
Isheep- meh meh meeeeeeeeh
Isheep- meeeh meah
Siri- ur boss arrives at 10 o clock