HTC to bring Beats Audio to Windows Phone devices as well
HTC just pulled the covers off the Sensation XE smartphone. It is the first device to feature the audio enhancing technology and even includes a pair of Beats earphones with the Android-powered handset.
It is rumored that other upcoming smartphones form HTC, such as the Vigor and the Runnymede, will also be graced with Beats Audio. Now that HTC is said to be bringing Beats to their Windows Phone devices as well, it raises questions as to how soon and which devices. Hopefully we will learn more in the coming weeks. Tell us what you think in the comments below.
1. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1037; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
They paid $300 million for this deal, so hell yes, they should put it in every phone they can!
2. snowgator (Posts: 3158; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
No doubt. Could be a huge selling point for HTC. Seeing how they are serious about WP devices it just stands to reason the top end Windows devices (Hello, Titan) would have it.
4. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
i agree its nice but i dont think its a HUGE selling point… i personally dont think it was worth 300 million…
3. bigboy029 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Jan 2011)
Awesome! Generally I prefer iphone stuff but this is such a good idea. Way to go HTC. I Would really like to see a demo or something of how it sounds. Cell phones in general really need to step it up with audio, and it looks like HTC is thinking ahead of the game
5. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i want an HTC Windows Phone with Beats Audio. o:
6. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
You can only have so much sound come out of a small device. The Beats didn't make much difference on the TouchPad, I'm sure it won't change much in cell phones.
7. kinnetics (unregistered)
Beats are overrated and anything with an association to Monster Cable is evil.
10. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Two biggest and best companies to support Windows Phone; HTC and Nokia.
11. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
yes and no.. my samsung focus is by far better than the other wp7 offering and i can see the samsung s being just as popular.. but nokia could easily pull off a magnificent handset if they would ever get a move on and produce a phone… its like they think their apple… except apple actually gains money while nokia… well.. doesnt…
12. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 590; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
I don't see any negatives for WP or HTC or Beats... WIN-WIN-WIN.
13. packer242 (Posts: 4; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Why only WP devices; sounds like they are trying to find a market for WP7 to make it relevent; when we all know that the only 2 OS's that matter are Android and iOS.
15. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5634; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
They will put Bass Beats from Android to Windows and even their Tablets. sweet deal HTC!