HTC One Max name confirmed; phablet heading to Sprint
The HTC One Max, which is rumored to contain a fingerprint sensor (oddly appropriate today), is believed to have a 5.9 inch Super LCD-3 screen with resolution of 1080 x 1920. That works out to a pixel density of 342ppi. A quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 is under the hood while 2GB of RAM is on board. A high capacity, for HTC, 3200mAh battery will keep the lights on.
Keep in mind that HTC still needs to make this official. The HTC One Max will be facing plenty of competition upon its birth from the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, the Sony Xperia Z Ultra, and possibly the Nokia Lumia 1520. The latter, also unannounced, is expected to be available next quarter and would be the first phablet powered by Windows Phone. This model is expected to be introduced at the end of this month with a 6 inch screen, 2GB of RAM, a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor inside, and the GDR3 update.
15. Commentator (Posts: 2709; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I was planning on swearing-off HTC for a long time now, but this might just bring me back. It's a battle between this, the G2, and the Note 3 (the X1 tragically didn't impress me all that much. Looks like I won't be going pure-Sony after all.)
25. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Only thing holding me back is the new nexus that will be announced. After that I can make my final decision on what toy to get.
2. zhiae (Posts: 187; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
do every thing u want to do just live more so i can buy the next htc flagship device too
9. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Trying to read and understand your post makes me feel like I need Hooked on Phonics.
13. zhiae (Posts: 187; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
i dont know what htc is up to they need advertise look at iphone 5s video it is not even close to htc but loot at the ad look i was impressed even it is same design and look at htc
htchange wtf why the hell iron man is dancing with frogs im just saying it could be better
16. Commentator (Posts: 2709; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Peter Chou has been a double-edged sword for the company. He built it up, now he's tearing it down.
(according to this article at least)
27. Gaurav008 (Posts: 294; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I got it finally and probably. He was trying to say that, HTC has to live long enough so that he could buy the One max. :3
3. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
I already have my money ready to buy the Lumia 1520
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9685; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Here I'll break it down for you; Good for you but NOBODY cares. Stop spamming the same comment on almost every single article. I seriously hope you get banned soon.
5. phones522 (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
Thank god I've been waiting for this for a while now.
20. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
tell me about it :P
every day I check PA or gsma to see some new news about it..
I cant wait any more !
31. phones522 (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
Yea whenever I go to the front page if just look for anything to do with it first then just look at everything else.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9685; Member since: 14 May 2012)
But no T-Mobile or Verizon... HTC never learns does it?
17. Commentator (Posts: 2709; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Let's not jump to conclusions based on tweeted rumors now...
..Granted, that's pretty much why PhoneArena exists in the first place... but even so...
19. dgray77 (Posts: 18; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
I want this phone - but I'm not leaving VZW to get it...
8. Jurdiales (Posts: 124; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
One + One + One = 3
Half-Life 3 Confirmed
10. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
However, three strikes and you\'re out. Half-Life 3: Cancled.
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9685; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Why is everyone bandwagoning on HL3 theories...?
18. GeekMovement (Posts: 1868; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
think i\'d go with the note 3 still for the stylus.
21. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
I think this one is coming with stylus too.. at least i hope so
28. marioellobo (Posts: 44; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
29. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
so what's ur point I didn't get it they said no word about the stylus and the fingerprint that doesn't mean it will not get ..
and after this article a leaked picture showed that it will support a fingerprint scanner.. so again what's ur point??
34. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Ok ur talking about the stylus and they said no word about it that doesn't mean they will not use one right??
23. newbey123 (Posts: 512; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
This is the phablet I have been waiting for, hope they announce it soon. I\'ve been keeping my upgrade for 5 months waiting.
24. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
same here :P
I wanted to buy the one but a rumor said that this one is coming so i was very excited and still waiting :p
32. Immolate (Posts: 293; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
I can see buying the 1520 for something different, but this one seems like Note 3 Lite without a stylus, 3G RAM or any other compelling reason to buy it over the Note 3. Yeah I get that some will like the aesthetic enough to get it in spite of its relatively minor deficiencies, or the feel of it. I was just hoping for something that would grab me.
36. gd761 (Posts: 119; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
Give Us here at Sprint the HTC ONE MAX with Windows Phone 8.1 or Windows Blue and Make an Official Announcement telling Everyone that this Will be Coming to Sprint and also have Robert Downey Jr start Earning the Money that He will be getting by Promoting the HTC ONE MAX with WINDOWS PHONE for SPRINT!
If and When SPRINT GETS the HTC ONE MAX with WINDOWS PHONE, I Will purchase it the Same Day it is Available for Sale!
37. smoothiii (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
It is not how big it is but how useful it will be. The G Pro failed because it can have a great screen but no useful features to take advantage of the screen. Even if you don't use the features as much (Note 3) there still needs to be something that grabs your attention and say WOW, i can do this or that with it. The truth is, none of these features on smart phones are used that often, only about 10% of a phones features is actually used. HTC One Max will do well but just like the G Pro it will not out do the Note 3.
38. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
ur right.. and i think the first thing to say wow is these boom sound speakers.. they are great on HTC one maybe they come bigger on the max
hope it will come with these feature u r talking about :P
40. sarge77 (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
all I want for christmas is sd support if that device supports it then I will get it, thanks in advance HTC