HTC One M10 said to come in Snapdragon and MediaTek-powered variants
1. carlemillward (unregistered)
At least the Mediatek X20 is a lot more capable than the X10. Here's to hoping they don't release tons of variants and the M10 owners feel cheated.
2. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1198; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Let's just hope the mediatek version is cheaper, that would be a good option for those who don't play intensive games on their phones.
5. seret6 (Posts: 145; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Only tiawanese are moron enough to buy htc products, right?
9. vincelongman (Posts: 4150; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Not a phone, but the HTC Vive seems like its going to be the best VR headset
Although that's probably because Valve are helping HTC so much
15. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1198; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Only morons are stupid enough to call others morons just because of their brand choice.
19. marorun (Posts: 3366; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Only ppl like you are moron enough to say thats seret6.
HTC product are amazing the camera in latest model where not thats good but otherwise they have the best sound quality for speaker and headphone of ALL phone maker.
They also have very good build quality and quick update.
21. Shocky (unregistered)
Give it a rest marorun, we know you love HTC but this getting pathetic now.
28. alex3run (Posts: 710; Member since: 18 May 2014)
Lol... I didn't knew your fanboyism is so hard...
8. hemedans (Posts: 476; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
and those who want their phone to have bad battery life,
10. Hexa-core (banned) (Posts: 2131; Member since: 11 Aug 2015)
On which fact do you stand to say such?
SD810 and SD808 didn't have good battery life.
Heck, the battery life doesn't depend on the chipset alone.
25. stanislav (Posts: 136; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
Mediatek chip will be probably 20nm and the new SD is 14nm
17. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1198; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
And you basis is? Because you read it on the web? Because you owned 1 or 2 mediatek devices and they suck?
14. Guaire (Posts: 501; Member since: 15 Oct 2014)
I doubt that you would feel the difference with Mediatek.
Also knowing HTC it won't be any cheaper.
26. Reza.N (Posts: 77; Member since: 06 Sep 2015)
Guys they should do that..remember last yearthat Qualcomm had the terrible SD810..they can't trust them anymore
3. jsjammu (Posts: 84; Member since: 13 Nov 2014)
I just hope HTC isn't making the new Nexus as rumored. HTC has lost it's magic. If they make it I will be keeping my 6P, that would be the first time Nexus 4 that I don't get a Nexus.
18. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1198; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Why does the internet has so many stupid trolls?
31. TezzaBP (Posts: 273; Member since: 18 May 2015)
They'll go for the X20, they're really not as stupid as you think
4. keithtae (Posts: 341; Member since: 25 Mar 2015)
MediaTek? No thank you. Htc never learn. They deserve where they are now.
6. seret6 (Posts: 145; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Exactly, even after launching m9 which is the worst flagship of all time, they still dont learn and dont want to improve
20. marorun (Posts: 3366; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Worst flagship of all time..
with about same battery life as more than half 2015 flagship.
Better multi tasking ( no load time even with up to 10 apps switching between them ) than most flagship including samsung.
More snappy and fluid UI than most flagship including Samsung.
Nearly the best speaker on the market.
Nearly the best headphone jack quality on the market.
Again nearly the best selfy camera in the market.
So you are not happy because its Main camera was a bit subpar? No phone is perfect dude grow up!
22. Shocky (unregistered)
HTC Fan-troll to the rescue!
24. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1198; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
I'd take the HTC Fan over the universal troll/idiot that he replied to.
27. SenorThrottles (Posts: 276; Member since: 23 Dec 2015)
Some tests on youtube have shown that the M9 doesn't always run as smoothly as even the M8...
7. legiloca (Posts: 1305; Member since: 11 Nov 2014)
I don't get the point why they have 2 variants of their flagship phone. Seriously, SD is more powerful than MT by ten folds, why do they have to release one strong and one weak variant?
In contrast to Samsung, SD and Exynos were near identical..
11. Hexa-core (banned) (Posts: 2131; Member since: 11 Aug 2015)
What if HTC decides to sell the M10 variant with MediaTek chip cheaper than the one with Snapdragon?
12. EcoCare (Posts: 403; Member since: 30 Jul 2014)
Kind of odd decision but I think it has its own good. MediaTek is like AMD in PCs while Qualcomm is pretty much like Intel.
Probably to slash price tag.
16. Tondern (Posts: 103; Member since: 23 Feb 2015)
NO they'll use Mediatek to earn more per unit. Looking at their history they won't slash the price. HTC clings on to the winning strategy: If we can't sell enough phones, let the ones we sell be severely overpriced.
29. alex3run (Posts: 710; Member since: 18 May 2014)
QC is AMD. Even their Adreno is former Radeon with architectural heritage.
23. BLSEOTB (Posts: 331; Member since: 24 Mar 2015)
April is too late. I'll already have a G5 or S7 in my hands.
30. GMS85 (Posts: 208; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Middle East? If it ain't gon to be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset.. I'm gon have to ditch it and not buying it...