HTC 10 hits GFXBench, spills even more secrets
1. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 348; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
the back of the device looks beautiful but the front looks like one of those BLU phones on boost mobile.
no HDR photo ?
7. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 2501; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
It has HDR and I don't think the front looks bad at all, it looks like the A9's front.
es/HTC-One-A9_id9733/photos?image=57282Front of A9.
15. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 348; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
A9 was to much of a cop out for me to respect it as a flagship. no originality what so ever.
18. natypes (Posts: 1093; Member since: 02 Feb 2015)
I agree. It's that giant chrome bezel like the S5 had. Looks horribly cheap.
3. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 348; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
it doesnt say it uses an UP sensor i think they quit that crap/
11. amats69 (Posts: 1445; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Crap? Thats why samsung follow htc on putting bigger pixels on s7 which is same concept as Ultrapixel.. Samsung just refined the idea and they got excellent result. Software processing and algorythm plus the 4mp sensor is where htc failed.
16. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 348; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
exactly just like Sony and that "crap" superior auto they tout .
19. Fardon (Posts: 95; Member since: 24 Nov 2014)
Ultrapixel is simply a marketing term.
They're using the IMX377(Found in Nexus) with OIS, PDAF, LAF and F/1.8 aperture.
All of which is far from crap.
22. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 348; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
im not calling the hardware crap, just the way HTC writes its algorithms.
which is why i referenced Sony and their horrible auto mode.
great specs mean nothing with s#%&y software.
4. Shocky (unregistered)
It's a marketing name, it just means big pixels, like the on the Galaxy S7 and iPhone 6s and others.
I hope it's good but they need to drop the "Ultrapixel" BS, it's not necessary anymore.
5. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 348; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
or a gimmick, it might have been a positive feature to some but it never performed better then other devices at the time of its release.
10. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 2501; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
It's not a gimmick, the term ultra pixel means bigger pixel size. Technically the galaxy S7/S7E,Nexus 6P/5X and iPhone 6/6 plus all have ultrapixel cameras.
17. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 348; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
my point is that HTC failed when they tried it.
6. R3Cyrax (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Mar 2016)
Phonearena. HTC One M10 Romanian Price
8. medicci37 (Posts: 1278; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Hope it has a ir sensor. Sucks that Samsung stopped giving their phones ir capabilities
9. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
2592x1944 video from Front facer!!!!! This should be a dream come true for vloggers. Most phones only offer 1080p video from front facer.
Also love the other specs.
20. Fardon (Posts: 95; Member since: 24 Nov 2014)
Apparently also has OIS on the front camera too so vloggers will love it.
21. yoosufmuneer (Posts: 1498; Member since: 14 Feb 2015)
Every Samsung Flagship phones since the Note 4 shoot in 2560x1440 video in front facing camera. So this ain't anything groundbreaking apart from the OIS.
Its shoots in 2K not 4K or something. Its good to see more and more manufacturers join this boat
12. nebula (Posts: 580; Member since: 20 Feb 2015)
I wonder how many OEM's are there that most of the time in red and charging premium, more than best competitors ? That doesn't add up at all.
13. newbey123 (Posts: 580; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
They need to make an additional version at 5.5' and I will buy one in a heartbeat. 5' is just too small for alot of people.
14. perfectnine (Posts: 165; Member since: 11 Mar 2016)
Looks great. But did anyone go to GFX website and compare its graphic performance with other phones? :O scores look relatively low. Really hope it is due to optimization :/
23. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
GPU benchmarks are shady anyway since they are way too much compute heavy as opposed to real games. And with vulkan coming soon makes them even more irrelevant. Same SoC will give you the same gaming performance, unless it's heavily throttled.